• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Man, I'd shut up about every GT shortcoming if this means we are getting some vintage Bugatti cars.

Those things are pieces of art and history.

benzy

Lol

And there's 7 pit crew members in the Bugatti teaser.

BAZ3gLD.gif

I need to calm myself down. I don't want to get excited and then have this turn out to be something for VGT or them just adding another car to GT6.

Yiazmat

I still think this is just another VGT, at Goodwood Kaz said there are new manufacturer's joining in. Watch that Kaz video be a part of the intro trailer for the car.

But there is a small chance that they'll be revealing the real Chiron simultaneously in GT6.

There's no way it'll be GT7 though. Not before
the Course Maker.

Course Maker - September

GT Sport / Bugatti / FIA C announcements - October

GT6 Vision GT car dump - November

GT Sport demo / FIA Championship Round 1 - December

dance2s3a4l.gif

That GT teaser wasn't the first one that Bugatti put up for imagEBugatti, this was

bugattij9oew.png

That reads like it may very well be for a real car rather than a VGT since this is about the future of the company.

Watevaman

I'm honestly glad they're still doing VGT cars, but I wish they would start the non-auto manufacturer ones, like Nike. That Nike car in GT4 was amazing.

Just bought GT6... How many installs/downloads does this thing have? Pretty sure I just installed all of the updates but there's another in-game installation. What?

HTupolev

Just bought GT6... How many installs/downloads does this thing have? Pretty sure I just installed all of the updates but there's another in-game installation. What?
Basically, you install it, and then the game installs itself, and there's a fair chance that that install will fail, so you delete everything, and repeat everything again, and then hope that the failure doesn't repeat, etc.

If things go smoothly, you'll be ready to play within a day or two.

Good luck!

ddikxela

Good luckk mate. I think a sure fire way is to d/l the first couple updates and after the 3rd or 4th one installs stop then boot the game. Let the game do its thing then do a couple more update d/ls and rinse, repeat. Or if the game is cheap enough get the digital version to avoid the 2 installs

le-seb

Good luckk mate. I think a sure fire way is to d/l the first couple updates and after the 3rd or 4th one installs stop then boot the game. Let the game do its thing then do a couple more update d/ls and rinse, repeat. Or if the game is cheap enough get the digital version to avoid the 2 installs
Unless there's a new digital version of the game I'm not aware of, it doesn't prevent the double patching nightmare.

Jedi2016

I hope they sort that shit out for GT7.. that was the dumbest fucking update process I'd ever seen. Especially for a first-party studio, given how much they pushed the automatic update process, which was specifically designed to avoid having to sit there for twenty minutes every week or so when the game had an update. That's probably the biggest reason I'll never go back to GT6 again, because I know it'll take an hour or more to get the fucking thing running, even though the PS3 still runs its updates every night.

Thanks, installed with no problems, just took a really damn long time. I hope GT7 gets announced soon because GT6... Well, it's a PS3 game and it definitely looks like one.

I hope GT7 gets announced soon because GT6... Well, it's a PS3 game and it definitely looks like one.

It's going to be quite nice to see what they can do without all of the issues that came with the PS3 hardware. And we should get an upgraded version of GT5's amazing smoke effects. They had to tone that down in GT6 because the PS3 doesn't play nice with alpha effects. But one of the obvious benefits to the move to PS4 will be that they can bring back standing starts. I know that's something that annoyed many players with GT5/6.

A new Bugatti VGT tease

11888543_645982228863zqo29.jpg

I cant believe this game, I havent play this game in a while and I wanted to try the lastest Vision car, since friday I have been trying to update this stupid game, I got errors, followed a guide that recommended to remove all the data and start again, now I keep getting errors and I have an even lower version than before.

How could they make the game updates so flaulty? I cant pass the first update now, I have download it 7 times, I have deleted everything and I keep getting the errors. (80029564) ,everything works fine in my Ps3 except GT6.

I cant believe this game, I havent play this game in a while and I wanted to try the lastest Vision car, since friday I have been trying to update this stupid game, I got errors, followed a guide that recommended to remove all the data and start again, now I keep getting errors and I have an even lower version than before.

How could they make the game updates so flaulty? I cant pass the first update now, I have download it 7 times, I have deleted everything and I keep getting the errors. (80029564) ,everything works fine in my Ps3 except GT6.

The game is telling you:"move on, nothing to see here" :p

Niks

I dont understand the fixation with the course maker.
It will probably be shit on PS3 anyways (low res textures, pop in issues, unstable framerate)... at this point you should be asking about GT7 on PS4.

let-it-go.gif

ruttyboy

It will probably be shit on PS3 anyways (low res textures, pop in issues, unstable framerate)... at this point you should be asking about GT7 on PS4.

For a lot of us, GT6 will be the last GT game we will play (fuck spending hundreds on a new wheel because 'reasons'), so it would be nice if we at least got what was promised.

let-it-go.gif

That's not the point. They shouldn't get away with this. They used the feature as a key selling point to the game, the box even says "the world is your track", and not delivering it makes the case for false advertising.

Ted

For a lot of us, GT6 will be the last GT game we will play (fuck spending hundreds on a new wheel because 'reasons'), so it would be nice if we at least got what was promised.

The first part of your post really brings it home to me.

I have been playing GT since PS1 and not caring at all about GT7 is a really strange feeling. I'm not replacing two perfectly functional and adequate wheels because of some bullshit licensing reasons!

It actually makes me genuinely quite sad thinking about not getting GT7 day one and genuinely fucking angry thinking about the reason.

ruttyboy

As far as poignant statements go, this is right up there with "you will put your child down one day and never pick them up again".

Don't feel too bad for me, as a consequence I'm currently researching a long over due PC build with one eye on Pascal and VR next year :D

This is me talking, but after the bullshit we went through with GT6, I'm not buying GT7 unless they release some earth-shattering features for it. In fact I'm probably not buying it at all.

paskowitz

Look Logitech is dead and the G27 is years old. I think the writing was on the wall years ago. If you didn't start your new wheel fund then... well. The T300RS is $400 with a lot of room for future upgrades (new wheel rims, Fanatec pedals w/adapter, etc). Obviously Fanatec is an option if you have a chunk of spare cash, but they are probably going to come out with a more budget friendly console compatible wheel before GT7 comes out. You can always pick up pCARS once it hits the bargain bin to pass the time. Also Assetto Corsa is coming to consoles next year.

If getting a PS4 is an issue, Gamestop has had crazy (especially for Gamestop) trade in deals for new consoles. I got my PS4 for $90 by trading in a PS3, 360 and 4 games. I would be surprised if they didn't do a similar deal this holiday. 2016 should also be a very very good year for PS4 games (certainly more so than 2015) so you don't just have to hope for GT7.

So finally, that leaves the question of "GT6 sucked and I have no faith GT7 will be any better so f*** it". I admit, this is a compelling argument. With that said, lets just remember how we got here. The PS3 was a nightmare to develop for, SCE pushed PD hard to meet certain release dates (IE release in the holiday), Kaz was coming off of GT4's success and likely had no reason to listen to anyone else's opinion (not that this is ok) and finally, with modern game development and internet connectivity, PD now has a mountain of data on how people play GT (they didn't have this on the PS2). Finally, GT6 was a sales flop. I honestly cannot fathom this having no effect on Kaz's mindset. I do not think his head is that far in the sand.

Accidentally hit post...

Back to "I give up." Again, I don't blame you, but perhaps a different approach is more logical. Don't even think about GT until GT7 comes out. When it does, wait a month read reviews, read GAF and make an informed decision like you would for any game you don't have a history with.

Finally, PC sim racing is stronger now than it has ever been. AC, rF2, DiRT Rally, iRacing, GSC, pCARS (eye candy), R3E, etc. Obviously it isn't cheap, but there is more than enough content to make a strong value proposition. This is the route I took a year and a half ago and have had nothing but a phenomenal experience. This will only get better with VR and more content.

ruttyboy

Look Logitech is dead and the G27 is years old. I think the writing was on the wall years ago. If you didn't start your new wheel fund then... well. The T300RS is $400 with a lot of room for future upgrades (new wheel rims, Fanatec pedals w/adapter, etc). Obviously Fanatec is an option if you have a chunk of spare cash, but they are probably going to come out with a more budget friendly console compatible wheel before GT7 comes out. You can always pick up pCARS once it hits the bargain bin to pass the time.

If getting a PS4 is an issue, Gamestop has had crazy (especially for Gamestop) trade in deals for new consoles. I got my PS4 for $90 by trading in a PS3, 360 and 4 games. I would be surprised if they didn't do a similar deal this holiday. 2016 should also be a very very good year for PS4 games (certainly more so than 2015) so you don't just have to hope for GT7.

So finally, that leaves the question of "GT6 sucked and I have no faith GT7 will be any better so f*** it". I admit, this is a compelling argument. With that said, lets just remember how we got here. The PS3 was a nightmare to develop for, SCE pushed PD hard to meet certain release dates (IE release in the holiday), Kaz was coming off of GT4's success and likely had no reason to listen to anyone else's opinion and finally, with internet connectivity, PD now has a mountain of data on how people play GT (they didn't have this on the PS2).

Accidentally hit post...

Back to "I give up."

Your first argument may be valid, except for the G29. If the G27 (and G25 and DFP) was allowed to work on PS3 without specific Playstation buttons, then they can fuck off with the 'only the G29 works as it's the only wheel that can give full functionality' bullshit.

I don't think getting a PS4 for GT7 is an issue for anyone, no-one is expecting the next game to be on PS3, in fact quite the opposite given all the shit they got for releasing GT6 on PS3.

I personally love(d) GT6 despite it's faults, it's purely about the forced obsolescence for me and I've chosen to put that money into a PC instead. I already have a PS4, so the money I'm giving them is reduced rather than nullified, but still, that's extra money they could have had quite easily so more fool them.

let-it-go.gif

Sierra was made with Course Maker which means it'll be perfectly fine on PS3.

granturismo6_141aby4k.png

Looks sensational, I want to know why it hasn't shown up yet? Sony's twatter accounts are absolutely useless, is this 'reason' why the previous Course Maker was pulled?

Amar pls! Go anonymous or something, I need to know.

Top Bottom