• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Mobius 1

WaCEm64.gif

Goodness...

To me thats validation of the "vision gran turismo" project.
Amazing.

It's is quite amazing that they got Bugatti to take it that seriously. Even companies building proper models of the cars is amazing.

I still think that there's more to the Bugatti thing though. Especially with them showing a video of Kaz being driven. I think that the Chiron will be GT7's cover car. Particularly since Bugatti wasn't on the initial VGT list. So this is a relationship that PD's obviously worked on for some time.

Goldrusher

So I haven't played this game in forever and booted it up again. I've been watching all of these Vision Gran Turismo trailers and this is so incredible.

All of this is absolutely insane.

Ran some new seasonals last night. First time I've played in about 6 weeks. Holy crap the payouts are high and a free car to boot. Not to mention paint chips (2x). I didn't even have a built up login bonus either.

THE:MILKMAN

Just been browsing the GTPlanet forum and there is talk of the Bugatti VGT trailer showing a different (better) car model than is featured on the Gran Turismo website.

Is this the first GT7 tease or nothing as usual?

Just been browsing the GTPlanet forum and there is talk of the Bugatti VGT trailer showing a different (better) car model than is featured on the Gran Turismo website.

Is this the first GT7 tease or nothing as usual?

Doesn't look good enough... unless GT Sport is just using GT6's high quality mode and photo travel models in gameplay. Would people be happy with this?

+40 grid size
improved weather effects
better lighting, textures
tessellation in gameplay
better aa, af, etc.
the new suspension and tyre models finally put in the game.
isle of man
bikes
gps course maker
open city environments with traffic laws that kaz mentioned before. tied in with the FIA road safety campaign.
spaceships and whatever else they come up with.

i'd take a cleaned up GT6 for that.

Doesn't look good enough... unless GT Sport is just using GT6's high quality mode and photo travel models in gameplay. Would people be happy with this?

+40 grid size
improved weather effects
tessellation in gameplay
better aa, af, etc.
isle of man
bikes
gps course maker
open city environments with traffic laws that kaz mentioned before. tied in with the FIA road safety campaign.

Doesn't look good enough!? Tough crowd....Though I sort of understand given what magic PD did with models/lighting in GT5/6.

I'd say yes to all the stuff in the list, though.

Just been looking at various images and videos and am now wondering if PD would use a clearly different (internal Bugatti render?) model in a video that suggests its a game than the GT6 models on the Gran Turismo website?

e.g. the tyre chalk on the model in the VGT video but not on the GT6 model on the GT site.

What pictures are you looking at?

On the GT site there's images of edited GT6 Le Mans / car and real Le Mans / real car Photoshopped in.

Edited GT6

i1cr1FP6AFM69uB.jpg

i1K6P4UgZA9N2cE.jpg

Real
i180sEqhudPxw8E.jpg

i1vmnJ5K3eux9cE.jpg

i1sGNlDmpAfu5uB.jpg

I'd jizz myself if GT Sport looked like the these images.

granturismo6_457cs4q.png

granturismo6_53sqsrd.png

motion blur in gameplay also needs enabling in GT Sport.

Benzy needs to make some motion blur videos / gifs... use multiman and put *1.20 on the end of your GT6 install folder in /game - that way you can can go back to 1.00 and keep your 1.20 install safe.

benzy

+40 grid size
improved weather effects
tessellation in gameplay
better aa, af, etc.
isle of man
bikes
gps course maker

I wanna see Polyphony's take on a global illumination solution at 60fps.

Here is what I'm talking about Wax.

Bugatti VGT model:

Ag6b.png

GT6 model from GT site:

i1MR8BegnRjWKcc.jpg

That the GT logo is there on the VGT screen gives it more weight that that is a PD model rather than a Bugatti created one?

Here is what I'm talking about Wax.

Bugatti VGT model:

Ag6b.png

GT6 model from GT site:

i1MR8BegnRjWKcc.jpg

That the GT logo is there on the VGT screen gives it more weight that that is a PD model rather than a Bugatti created one?

I see now, the blue Michelin band is right on the tyre sidewall edge, has white pressure and location markings, I don't see any other differences in the model though?

GT6 tyre sidewalls are the same as the real car. To me these are outsider images, why would Polyphony use an other (incorrectly positioned) tyre decal, insert the car in real images of Le Mans circuit?

scratch that, the real car tyres are different - lol, one car, and all images of it are not the same. dat polyphony attention to detail.

Effect

Getting closer and closer to finally finishing this Super Licensee test. On the last one (all the others are bronze and I'm fine with that. Screw going for better times.) and I need to hit 2:20:00. The closest I've gotten was 2:21:50 I think. The last number might be something else. I've never had a game that made me work this hard to unlock something. I just need to find a way to shave of at least two more seconds. I think I might have finally found a place where I might be able to do that but that requires me to be lucky and not end up in the grass. I don' t mind restarting if I screw up in the very first section but I hate when I go off the road in the later parts.

I actually would prefer if I could just keep lapping and have the time simply be invalidated if I go off the road to much. I don't like that it simply ends the race and takes control from you.

I haven't been doing it everyday. I'll turn it one every few days and work at it for an hour. Figured after a while that I came this far and I got that close that it is doable. I just need to not make any mistakes and know where I don't have to break as much to gain at least two more seconds.

Edit:

Finally got it. 2:19:085 after two hours of trying. Kept getting closer and closer. They I started trying to hit the corners harder so was just hitting the grass with a tire or two and that seemed to help cut down the time. Now to mess around w the races in the Super class. Looks like just longer races. Was hoping there was more then that but still glad I opened and I can at least have more of a challenge (hopefully).

Hugstable

Banned
Hey I had just recently got a PS3 and I love Gran Turismo games (Played the hell out of 2,3,4, and 5) and saw that GT6 is only 15$ in the PSN store. I know I'm gonna buy the game either way at that price, but what worried me was seeing alot of microtransaction options as well. Do they hurt the game or can I just buy the game now and pretend like those things never exist and they don't hurt the core of the game? How does GT6 match up to 5 in content, AI, and physics?

Mobius 1

Hey I had just recently got a PS3 and I love Gran Turismo games (Played the hell out of 2,3,4, and 5) and saw that GT6 is only 15$ in the PSN store. I know I'm gonna buy the game either way at that price, but what worried me was seeing alot of microtransaction options as well. Do they hurt the game or can I just buy the game now and pretend like those things never exist and they don't hurt the core of the game? How does GT6 match up to 5 in content, AI, and physics?

Micro transactions are not part of GT6. You can buy credits with real money if you want as a shortcut, but you have to go looking for it. It is not part of the gameplay in anyway. There is only a single location in the main menu where you can find it.

GT6 is a better title than GT5, besides the Course Maker ( insert Kaz is a troll joke here). $15 is a steal for this, don't hesitate.

Sorry for the shit post, I'm on mobile.

Niks

But then someone asked:

Jordan liked this (and only this) post.

Would be surprising if they chose to debut it at PSX over PGW. But then again maybe it's their big title the show this year? I still kinda doubt that GoW4 is ready to be shown since Cory only joined in mid-2013 and then they were starting to hire for that project. And that's the other title people speculate as being shown this year.

Do Sony have any AAA WWS game due out in November/December, SSX? I don't think they do and GT would help to fill that gap nicely..

For next year?

Seems like all signs point to it being that GT is Sonys big holiday game. I am sure they will have other games. We will more then likely hear from Quantic Dream at PSX so thats probably a holiday 2016 game.

Other then that they probably have some smaller games they can pull out of their hat and give zero marketing to like Sony normally does. (Until Dawn, Tearaway etc...)

For next year?

Seems like all signs point to it being that GT is Sonys big holiday game. I am sure they will have other games. We will more then likely hear from Quantic Dream at PSX so thats probably a holiday 2016 game.

Other then that they probably have some smaller games they can pull out of their hat and give zero marketing to like Sony normally does. (Until Dawn, Tearaway etc...)

I mean that now Uncharted 4 has slipped to next March, Sony don't have anything coming out this November/December. A GT reveal (or more!) at PSX would sweeten that pill somewhat.

I mean that now Uncharted 4 has slipped to next March, Sony don't have anything coming out this November/December. A GT reveal (or more!) at PSX would sweeten that pill somewhat.

Oh right. No this year Sony has jack shit but they have plenty of stuff they can announce at PSX and Paris Games Show.

Also a rumoured $50 price cut which combined with their Battlefront and COD bundles should get them though the holidays decently.

Do Sony have any AAA WWS game due out in November/December, SSX? I don't think they do and GT would help to fill that gap nicely..

Many are speculating that Horizon could be a late 2016 title. But no games have a specific date aside from the games scheduled to release early next year. Still, if their 2016 games hold then I could see them having major releases from September though November. Maybe Horizon in October and GT7 in November or vice versa.

Many are speculating that Horizon could be a late 2016 title. But no games have a specific date aside from the games scheduled to release early next year. Still, if their 2016 games hold then I could see them having major releases from September though November. Maybe Horizon in October and GT7 in November or vice versa.

Sorry, SSX. I meant for this year 2015. A GT reveal/release (stop laughing) this year would go some way to balancing the discrepancy.

I'm surprised Sony allowed themselves not to have a major release in November/December for their 2nd full holiday season.

As you say 2016 looks stupidly packed without even taking into account the big third party games. Which means no doubt some games will again be delayed.

Mascot

I'm so fucking tired of cryptic clues and prick-teases in racing game reveals. If you've got something to say, just fucking say it. Jesus. There always seems to be an air of superiority and underlying cruelty to it all.

Jilt

I'm so fucking tired of cryptic clues and prick-teases in racing game reveals. If you've got something to say, just fucking say it. Jesus. There always seems to be an air of superiority and underlying cruelty to it all.

My thoughts exactly.
If you have something to say,say it. If it involved a NDA, don´t!

I have had it with console gaming anyway, so I guess Gran Turismo has lost me as a client.
After all the shit that happened with the console and wheel discussion, I have bought me a nice gaming PC.
No way I am spending another couple of hundred euro´s to buy me console....

I wonder if the GT series is coming to PC. They had this discussion with GT5 if I remember correct.

My observation is whatever relationship that existed no longer does, at least on the same level. Updates 1.1 thru say 1.13 had plenty of "insider" speculation including some clever "put the bold type letters together" to form a word for a clue to the content. I don't see that anymore. GTP has fallen out of favor with PD imo.

amar212

Is this a new thing, because I certainly do not remember Jordan and Famine being in the know about GT. Only Amar.

It was never only me, come on. However, in the past years, especially after the Fukushima incident and all things that fell on the Polyphony's shoulders, we all stopped acting as flamboyant insiders and started being more humble and closed to information we get.

I can't speak about Jordan and Andrew, but I personally decided not to tell everything I know as I was doing before.

Sorry for that, but it is all because of massive respect I have for PD and Kazunori's hard work to make impossible possible.

Top Bottom