• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

H9YUiIE.jpg

Is it unreasonable to be kind of pissed about this? Why would a generic 3d cockpit really be a problem vs a solution invented for a PSP game?

The silhouettes aren't like the cockpit view in GTPSP. That was an actual cockpit view - the camera was placed inside the model. Meaning you could see the front of the car.

There was a bug for a little while in GT5 where you could actually do this in replays for some standard cars.. but it wasn't pretty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_eLFG1j2g

It sucks that Moon Over the Castle wasn't used, but putting Rachmaninoff's Paganini rhapsody is a good replacement in my book. I remember watching an orchestra playing this a couple of years back, manly tears were shed that night, and almost all of us were dudes lol. It's such a beautiful piece, and frankly I think it fits quite well with what they were doing in the intro part at least. Shame about that "boy band" piece at the last half though.

Anyway, for anyone interested, the piece is Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini, Op. 43: Variation 18.

The first segment is amazing. Love every second of it. But as soon as the rock music (do you really cal that rock music???) turns on... it goes down the drain. WTF! PD you should have used the song from Start Your Engines trailer.

Edit:
Just watched the Start Your Engines trailer again. Holy moly... PD you should have just used that song.

Edit 2:
It sucks that Moon Over the Castle wasn't used, but putting Rachmaninoff's Paganini rhapsody is a good replacement in my book. I remember watching an orchestra playing this a couple of years back, manly tears were shed that night, and almost all of us were dudes lol. It's such a beautiful piece, and frankly I think it fits quite well with what they were doing in the intro part at least. Shame about that "boy band" piece at the last half though.

Anyway, for anyone interested, the piece is Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini, Op. 43: Variation 18.

Thank you. I have instantly fallen in love with the classical piece of the intro.

red731

There were
go-karts
in GT5.

Why he has that spoiler'd and you answer with unspoiler'd sentence? Just a heads up for other threads :)

Can't wait for my copy! I hope that I will receive it tomorrow, but I am not hoping high that it will be as I want it to be...

Mush

Attempt to get EB Games to break the street date... fission mailed.

Oh well, after work tomorrow it is for me.

Reading the OT, is B spec mode gone?

It's unknown right now if it's in at launch. Famitsu talked as if it were there, but we aren't sure yet. It's definitely going to return if it isn't there at launch. It's now back to being like GT4 where A-Spec and B-Spec are grouped together instead of being split like in GT5.

Neo 007

Yeah asking EB Games to break street date is like a few years ago asking Steve Jobs to change his music sharing policy.

So... they didn't fix the framerate? Did they at least put a 720/1080 toggle in the options menu somewhere?

Well, from what i've read it's better now in 1080p, but it's always going to be preferable in 720p. As for a toggle, i'm not really sure. You'd have to ask someone that already has the game.

benzy

Crazy. Even the detail on the side mound cliff is spot on, and shadows are rendered where they're supposed to be.

gt6-bathurst-compareoai7o.gif

Juicy Bob

Crazy. Even the detail on the side mound cliff is spot on, and shadows are rendered where they're supposed to be.

gt6-bathurst-compareoai7o.gif
With Mt Panorama recreated with this level of detail, I'm now fully expecting kangaroos to hop out onto the circuit mid-race at random.

NeoGash

Why he has that spoiler'd and you answer with unspoiler'd sentence? Just a heads up for other threads :)

Can't wait for my copy! I hope that I will receive it tomorrow, but I am not hoping high that it will be as I want it to be...

True, I fixed it now just in case. Fanks thor the heads up :)

Spookie

Whelp I ended up blowing some of my GMG credit to buy this. Will be interesting to see how it holds up to PC sims when it comes to the suspension and tyre model.

Top Bottom