• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

ethomaz

Banned
Wait, wut?

GT6 was everything GT5 should have been after all those years...in essence it was GT5 2.0.
I miss GT5... it was a way better game with tons of more content.

GT6 was step back in my view even some new features was a nice addiction and could end implemented in GT5.

I was shocked how small GT6 is compared with GT5... they did cut a lot of things :(

GT5 Spec 2.0 is the definitive driving game last generation.

PS. I got Platinum in both games... GT5 was one of my proudest Platinum in PS3... I played over 800 hours of GT5.

Edit - IQ was better on GT5 than GT6 too.

Zaptruder

Banned
I like that GTSport is essentially an idea that I've been ranting on, on these boards for a number of years now.

"GT needs campaign modes!"

Yeah, no kidding. Easiest way to use the huge amounts of assets the game generates in a way that's appropriately balanced (i.e. each campaign can have car, parts restrictions, as well as a narrative to tie it all together).

ethomaz

Banned
I like that GTSport is essentially an idea that I've been ranting on, on these boards for a number of years now.

"GT needs campaign modes!"

Yeah, no kidding. Easiest way to use the huge amounts of assets the game generates in a way that's appropriately balanced (i.e. each campaign can have car, parts restrictions, as well as a narrative to tie it all together).
That is how A-Spec works, no?

Ranger X

Let me bet its not GT7 but that it also the full new installment for the series...

And I announce ---> Gran Turismo as a service. That's what it will be. Just look.

Motor and quad bikes will be in GT Sport, they were at that PS4 GT laser scan session ages ago. Where are the interviews?

I hope the rally championship uses course maker properly this time and not the same shit in GT5, I want all WR location themes in CM, long narrow stages, mixed surfaces, the full works.

benzy

I hope the rally championship uses course maker properly this time and not the same shit in GT5, I want all WR location themes in CM, long narrow stages, mixed surfaces, the full works.

Remove the invisible walls right next to the road path too for goodness sake. Take a look at Rallisport 2.

ywundylnda.gif

Need a proper interview. I thought it was a mainline entry, and the name was referencing a new focus on online competition. But it would still offer a full roster of cars, tracks and offline modes.

So, Fanatec is getting closer and closer. Nice to see. Congratulations to Thomas and his team.

That's a Fanatec wheel? Will be interesting to see if they got the rights to make the official GT wheel this time. I'm also curious if PD pushes for them to make a budget line like the DFGT.

Here's another visual comparison (credit to Farushi from GTplanet)

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

Loris146

That's a Fanatec wheel? Will be interesting to see if they got the rights to make the official GT wheel this time. I'm also curious if PD pushes for them to make a budget line like the DFGT.

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

Huge leap.

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

That turns me more on than it should.

Yiazmat

He'll be at SEMA next week and GT Channel along with a bunch of automotive mags/sites usually interview him there.
Hopefully he won't dodge all the questions Kazunori-style. We need more info on the car list, apart from the ones revealed so far there's also these ones that could make it:

SEMA:

David Eckert’s Ford Mach Forty (2012)
Chris Holstrom Chevy Nova LS9 (2013)
GoPro “Rampage” 1970 Camaro (2014)

Pebble Beach:

1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe (2012)
1953 Aston Martin DB3S Sports (2013)
1954 Maserati A6GCS Spider (2014)
1952 Cunningham C-4R Competition Roadster (2015)

Cars we know they're working on:

Ferrari P4/5 Competizione Glickenhaus
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car 1992
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI 1993
Toyota Prius (XW30) Super GT GT300 APR 2012
Hyundai Veloster Turbo 2012
Maserati GT Spyder 2001
Toyota MR2 SW20 1991
Citroen DS3 2010
Ford Mustang Castrol NHRA Funny Car 2013
Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

And I bet that Jaguar E-Type that Kaz drove at Goodwood will appear as well.

benzy

He obviously won't tell us the full count, but someone should ask him if there will be a large selection of tracks and cars planned for GTSport.

velociraptor

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

Okay, now that is impressive.

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

I'm still thirsty. I want more. Gimme me another trailer PD please.

Bandit1

So is 7 still a thing?

Yes.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-is-not-gran-turismo-7-more-substantial-than-prologue-titles/

It's not explicitly stated, but GT Sport is not GT7 and Polyphony will produce more Gran Turismo games.

My guess is GT Sport will be scaled down, focused on modern performance and race cars, FIA partnership, and online tournaments, trying some new things with the series. Then GT7 will come along a little further down the line, building on what worked in GT Sport while creating a more traditional Gran Turismo experience.

mejin

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

51206586.jpg

leehom

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

Thought the top pic was real. Second one looks good, but you can tell it's from a game.

ItIsOkBro

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

Was that a standard car in GT6 tho

GTS
8dak9x9yuy3.png

GT6
d2ub7ubecub6.jpg

Jesus, is it even possible for a racing game to look better than Driveclub running at 60fps? Look at those trees damn it.

p3n

Polyphony Digital are masters of lighting. DriveClub may have lots of nice effects but nobody delivers the sense of an authentic image quite like PD.

Like self reflection of the cars...it is so obviously missing in these GTS screens. But I'd argue you wont notice it much during gameplay.

PtKid

Banned
I am still confused as to what this game is?
Anyone have any idea if its just another prologue with the Academy stuff tacked on or something more robust?

Top Bottom