• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

dracula_x

Do Sony own the GT brand?

If I were Sony I would keep the brand and form an entirely new Studio to develop GT.

Like MS did for Forza.

PD are severely outdated and out of touch.

this is all you need to know

yDfqzIh.png

only Mario Kart is bigger as "racing" franchise

Sony Liverpool could have given us three wipeout games since Sony closed them down.

Evolution studios could have given us a Driveclub sequel by now, if you didn't downsize and then get rid of them.

Great decisions Shu.

DavidDesu

Hey, I'll buy this game whenever it launches, especially if they can keep PSVR implementation in there (big IF cos frankly the studio seems fucking incompetent and I literally don't believe a promise they make anymore). BUT Jesus H Christ Sony needs to get involved and sort this developer out. They're a mess, and have been probably since GT4 came out. They've not kept up with the times, their development practices are clearly fucking hopeless. As others have said any other studio and it'd be getting it's arse kicked by now. Evolution was disbanded, because of an unfortunate launch for what turned out to be a pretty awesome game. Yet Polyphony fuck up again and again..

It's just a little bit frustrating. I just want GT to return to form, to be the best racer you can get on console, or beyond, but they keep dropping the ball, the wheels keep flying off. I just don't get it anymore. Yeah I'll buy the game, it's GT and a part of me loves it, but they really need to get it together already.

If we still have shit sounds, or only some cars have decent sound, after all of this, they deserve ridiculed quite frankly.

Denur

Somewhat surprised by this delay, but mostly disappointed. Was looking forward to play GT Sport in VR. Thank god there are plenty of other games coming out this Fall, like Civ6 and hopefully DriveClub VR.

this is all you need to know

yDfqzIh.png

only Mario Kart is bigger as "racing" franchise

What's that supposed to mean?

The GT 5 sales were due to the wait and hype around it. That and GT 6 were actually disappointing if you played them rather than posting pointless sales charts.

kinda fed up of all these PlayStation "updates" tbh

Uncharted 4 "update"

PS Plus "update"

Gran Turismo Sport "update"

just give us more info in the tweet thanks

Hm, sorry for going off topic, but what was the Uncharted 4 "update"? That last delay to May, or something else?

Good. And good that Sony still has the balls to delay their games.

I'll always take a delay over rushing a game to launch for Christmas risking polish and quality.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Is gran turismo sport part 7 ?
Than it would make sense

Since we have to pay for a prologue first.

El-Suave

Sony and its holiday season delays have really been remarkable. Thank god they will do OK without the game. For the bigger picture it is a bit embarrassing though.

Avtomat

Whilst I loved GT2 and GT5 and still want to play GT6, polyphony's tardiness is inexcusable on yhe other hand bar graphics I was not feeling GTS at all.

They still have not switched on damage in a public showing so I guess this was expected, they really need to get it together.

GameSeeker

I'm not surprised by the delay, as this is now par for the course for PD. The worry is that they don't delay it enough.

I would suggest that PD delay the game to Holiday 2017 and add some more single player content. They will find that with more single player content the game sells quite a bit more.

YEAH! No matter the state of the game, they should just release it so they cant compete with Turn 10

I think what people are asking is why PD seem incapable of hitting a deadline when Turn 10 manage it and still put out great games. This isn't a one-off, it happens with every game they make. Nobody is saying they should release it before it's ready.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sony Liverpool could have given us three wipeout games since Sony closed them down.

Evolution studios could have given us a Driveclub sequel by now, if you didn't downsize and then get rid of them.

Great decisions Shu.

GT6 alone probably outsold Wipeout n Drive club together.

There is a reason why Don't hasn't closed PD down, still one of their most profitable studios.

YEAH! No matter the state of the game, they should just release it so they cant compete with Turn 10

Learn to read.

This isn't the first time Polyphony has had a history of delays.

This isn't a full blown sequel to GT6 or a big open world racer. They had 3 years to make this game, which is a lot of time for most competent developers.

U2NUMB

I have not been following the game .. sucks to hear it was not in a good state recently and that of course explains the delay but I am amazed at how much time they get to release a game. I enjoy racing games in general and was looking forward to this but I will admit I am a big Turn 10 guy and now playground games...

I really wish we could get a GT even every 3 years..

I think what people are asking is why PD seem incapable of hitting a deadline when Turn 10 manage it and still put out great games. This isn't a one-off, it happens with every game they make. Nobody is saying they should release it before it's ready.

Well they're obviously bettering the game by delaying so no complaints here. I dont care how long they take to make their games, as long as they're great thats all that matters

Do Sony own the GT brand?

If I were Sony I would keep the brand and form an entirely new Studio to develop GT.

Like MS did for Forza.

PD are severely outdated and out of touch.

They should have renamed Evolution Studios to Polyphony Digital UK and put them full-time on the series. They could have contributed to car modelling, the graphics tech, and done all of the audio stuff.

Would have resulted in much better Gran Turismo games, and would have helped they get done on time.

Huge missed opportunity.

Top Bottom