• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport launches October 18 - trailer

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
October 18 in EU, 17 in NA. Would love it if a mod could update the thread title.

OkXyGRR.gif

EU trailer and blog post

NA trailer and blog post

Hello GT Fans!

I'm extremely excited to confirm that Gran Turismo Sport will be launching on October 18th across Europe this year. Following the successful completion of our Closed BETA phase, as announced earlier this week, we are now entering the final stages of polishing as we prepare for launch.

Between now and launch you can expect to hear a lot more from the GT team, as we unveil more information on the many features included in Gran Turismo Sport, including the campaign mode, various creative tools, as well as a full reveal on all the cars and tracks you can look forward to racing on launch day!

In the meantime though, I'd like to take this opportunity on behalf of myself and PDI, to express my gratitude for the continued support of GT fans and PlayStation supporters around the world during this BETA period. We're as keen as all of you to get the game into player's hands, and can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of the game when it launches in October.

We've strived to create something that delivers an unprecedented experience in terms of the graphics, sound and physics simulation;an experience that can only be enjoyed on PlayStation.

Gran Turismo Sport is available to pre-order now from both PlayStation Store and retailers across Europe. We've plenty of choices available to GT fans to help select the right edition for them...

On top of the Standard Edition full game, we've also got:

- Gran Turismo Sport Collector's Edition
- Gran Turismo Sport Steel Book Edition
- Gran Turismo Sport Day 1 Edition
- Gran Turismo Sport Digital Deluxe Edition
- Gran Turismo Sport Digital Edition

For more information please continue to check out the official PlayStation channels and the Gran Turismo website.

Loudninja

Hello GT Fans! I’m extremely excited to confirm that Gran Turismo Sport will be launching on October 17 in North America. Following the successful completion of our Closed Beta phase, as announced earlier this week, we are now entering the final stages of polishing as we prepare for launch.

Between now and launch you can expect to hear a lot more from the GT team as we unveil more information on the many features included in Gran Turismo Sport, including the campaign mode, various creative tools, as well as a full reveal on all the cars and tracks you can look forward to racing on launch day!
In the meantime, I’d like to take this opportunity on behalf of myself and PDI to express my gratitude for the continued support of GT fans and PlayStation supporters around the world during this beta period. We’re as keen as all of you to get the game into players’ hands, and can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks of the game when it launches in October.

We’ve strived to create something that delivers an unprecedented experience in terms of the graphics, sound, and physics simulation; an experience that can only be enjoyed on PlayStation.
Gran Turismo Sport is available to pre-order now from both PlayStation Store and retailers across Europe. We’ve plenty of choices available to GT fans to help select the right edition for them…

On top of the Standard Edition full game, we’ve also got several options for fans:

Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition – $69.99 MSRP ($89.99 CAN)

• GT Sport Starter Pack (8 Cars)
  • $1MM In-Game Credit
  • Livery Sticker Pack
  • 30 GT Sport Themed Avatars
  • Chrome Racing Helmet (For Driver Profile)
  • Limited Steel Book & Packaging
Gran Turismo Sport Digital Deluxe Edition – $79.99 MSRP ($99.99 CAN)
  • GT Sport Starter Pack (12 Cars)
  • $2MM In-Game Credit
  • Livery Sticker Pack
  • 60 GT Sport Themed Avatars
  • Chrome Racing Helmet (For Driver Profile)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/gran-turismo-sport-launches-october-17-on-ps4/

Gestault

Hell yes. Also my God the rally scene with the head-tracking looks amazing. I wonder if those GTS credits they gave out at the Playstation Experience theater events a few years back will actually apply to the game or not.

Edit 2: The photo travel scenes made to look like gameplay in this are gonna cheese some people off.

GenericUser

Ok, I'll still probably be hangin around Pcars2 and the Engine Sounds stll are abysmal, but hell - whatchjagonnado. Day one of course.

xrnzaaas

I really hope that these super ultra deluxe editions (20 dollars extra for a dozen more cars and some avatars?) aren't a taste of things to come after the premiere. We already have one long running racing series without a gazillion of car packs, expansion packs and VIP passes. ;)

Finally. I still need to hear about this campaign mode before I get interested, because I'm just not going to buy an online-only racing game, but I'm hoping for the best.

gadwn

The battle where GT sells gangbusters and forza not horizon kinda ticks along steadily.

There is no battle.

I expect it to be no battle for the metacritic score either, the negative stigma for the GT series just get bigger as time goes on.

I hope the VR portion is substantial.

Luckydog

I guess my information is way out of date. My understanding was the single player was only a number of license test type events and that the vast majority of the game was online mulitplayer.

Is that not the case? I'd love to jump on GT if it has a fully fleshed out SP mode.

Apathy

I'm assuming the series still has legs? It used to be the best selling series Sony had, does it still hand that draw?

Top Bottom