• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

Sebmugi

oO <3

3QGFj4n.gif

bud

... where's the trailer?

it's so quiet around it considering it's sony's big holiday title releasing in less than four weeks.

If there's a huge franchise with such a huge potential (commercially at least) that has been mismanaged to hell, it's this one :/

Shame considering how a few changes from GT6's release date (or PS4 port) to GT Sport features and marketing could have reinvigorated the series. It's mind boggling tbh a sales juggernaut like this could be swept under the rug so easily. Especially GT6 which had flop written all over it managed to sell relatively decently. Like you'd never see R* do that to GTA or MS to Halo.

I think Sony understand they fucked the pooch and then some with the hardcore audience for the game, they genuinely don't seem to be bothering which is fucking amazing. During the Asia conference shit like COD was getting promoted but not GT Sport? Fuck me, what a mess up.

Sony will just advertise GT Sport on TV to hell and back soon enough, they will not skimp out on that but man oh man this game has me worried when Sony are sweeping it under the rug. Still got it pre-ordered and will pick it up day 1 but shit, have they even shown weather yet?

Unknown?

... where's the trailer?

it's so quiet around it considering it's sony's big holiday title releasing in less than four weeks.
GT always has its own special launch event. GT6 had a big launch in Spain. Expect a big media blowout closer to launch. Also they're advertising already in automotive places.

offshore

GT always has its own special launch event. GT6 had a big launch in Spain. Expect a big media blowout closer to launch. Also they're advertising already in automotive places.
With GT5 we had 3 huge media blowouts at E3, gamescom and TGS.

With GTS, we've had absolutely nothing. Probably cos they got nothing...

cooldawn

With GT5 we had 3 huge media blowouts at E3, gamescom and TGS.

With GTS, we've had absolutely nothing. Probably cos they got nothing...
Gran Turismo 5 represented a sea-change though. First it was the car models, then it was dynamic time pf day, then, at TGS, they revealed fully dynamic weather etc...

Gran Turismo 5 had so many features there's was plenty to reveal across a number of shows.

Halabane

Fears confirmed about that campain mode.

Looks pretty but dull.

Wait, that campaign. Everyone assured me this was just GT7. :(

and gameplay from TGS
https://youtu.be/2dZpb3ThukI

This video has made me to decide to wait and see...and probably skip this. The game did not look good and the handling was very arcadey. Maybe it was the mode he had it in? And yeah his driving is bad but maybe it was stress of live and talking at the same time. But this is the first time I have seen something that was not training or 'taking pictures of cars' and it was very unimpressive.

inner-G

Banned
I think Sony understand they fucked the pooch and then some with the hardcore audience for the game, they genuinely don't seem to be bothering which is fucking amazing. During the Asia conference shit like COD was getting promoted but not GT Sport? Fuck me, what a mess up.

Sony will just advertise GT Sport on TV to hell and back soon enough, they will not skimp out on that but man oh man this game has me worried when Sony are sweeping it under the rug. Still got it pre-ordered and will pick it up day 1 but shit, have they even shown weather yet?
Maybe we'll end up getting GT7 sooner than we think if this one doesn't sell well.

NinjaBoiX

Menus still look awful and awkward to navigate, loading looks like a pain too.

I lost interest in Gran Turismo a long time ago, it's all about Forza now.

Shame I don't have an Xbox though!

Who cares about the trees, that is still without a doubt the worst camera angle in racing. Not a hood cam more of a roof cam. They really need to ditch it and do a proper hood cam.

bud

some new (translated) tidbits:

It was told that it takes 6 months to produce modeling of one car, but has this been changed from the past?

It has not changed. It took six months even in the era of "Gran Turismo 5". Efficiency of the production process itself is rising due to the efficiency of the production process and evolution of the tool itself, but the production period is not going to be quite short as its target quality is also rising at the same time.

- Is there a possibility that it will become even shorter by future evolution of technology?

In terms of cars, I think it is quite difficult. For each car, we are already automating parts that can be automated, and human beings are doing things that can only really be done by humans, so it is very difficult to further improve efficiency. Modeling of "Gran Turismo" is probably the only title in race games that is in existence, all in-house with polyphony digital and outsourced titles. That is the element that supports the quality of the series and I think that part must be protected as "Gran Turismo".

The modeling of this car's car is built with quality that can be said as full specifications at the present level, will further quality rise from now?

Modeling of the current car is being produced as a model that can be used for the next ten years, I think that it will probably make it up to the scale of 1,000 and 2,000 by current specifications. In the series of "Gran Turismo", it will be about the 4th genera- tion modeling, but in the meantime the specifications of the hardware are rising by several hundred thousand times. If it is decided that the quality is not enough for what we want to do at the end of 10 years actually, we will rebuild from the beginning again.

Although the number of recordable units at the time of release is 150, most of them seem to be sports cars. Will general automobiles appear in future?

I am planning to add it by update or download contents. The reason why sports cars, especially racing cars, was needed from the beginning was that we had to prepare all the categories of race cars for the FIA &#8203;&#8203;championship this time. At first glance it seems that the gravity is inclined to that, but not only sports cars, but also old cars, family cars everyone carries, or old classic cars, such cars are also important as "Gran Turismo" Because it exists, I want to add more and more.

For "Gran Turismo SPORT", the HD capacity necessary for installation is 60 GB or more. Is it no longer necessary for Blu-ray Disc to accommodate all the data?

exactly. Even in "Scapes" you saw this time, since the photos used in the background have HDR and 32-bit information of each RGB, and yet have spatial information, the data capacity per photograph is several hundred megabytes I will. In "Scapes" I want to prepare about 1,000 photos from the beginning, but not all of them will go into the disc. I had no choice but to download it as needed. Although it is not impossible technically, of course, it is technically impossible to package a two-disk set like it was in the past, but I feel that the user's convenience is better if I put it where I can, and download it if necessary I will do.

there's more at the link.

pitstop video: https://twitter.com/okasan_joestar7...io/iframe/twitter.min.html#911434768058683392

Top Bottom