• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 5's special edition map has a hidden message

Rockstar doing something (hiding stuff like messages or coordinates or whatever, in the game's paraphernalia) that was done back in the 90s = mindblowing.

Cool of them, but let's not forget it's a practice companies forgot during the 00s, and with the rise of DD.

Well I got there, I think... not sure really what I'm looking for.. but here is what I've found:
There was a $250,000 property to buy which gives you a sub at the end of the dock, looks like some missions as well, having a go at that now.

This sounds great.

I can’t for the life of me find it, but someone in the spoiler thread posted an in-game screenshot of ‘clues’ to some easter eggs on a wall. It looked like a picture of an
alien and a dinosaur egg
from what I can remember.

Hedge

What.. the eff. Seriously. What the eff. Who gets the idea of overlooking a new map from a game with UV light?

I can't think of a single reason why someone fond of the Grand Theft Auto series would own a blacklight. Hmmmmmm.

As far as I can make out the guy that posted this on Reddit went to a midnight launch of the game. When you go to these midnight launches some places offer "freebies". In this case one of the freebies was an Ultraviolet Pen light.

Now I don't know about anyone else but I would be pointing the UV pen at everything just for shits and giggles and would've probably pointed it at the map myself.

Lemonte

It would have been awesome if no one had not found this and years later rockstar hints that there is hidden message in the map. Minds would have been blown.

Omni

Well I got there, I think... not sure really what I'm looking for.. but here is what I've found:
There was a $250,000 property to buy which gives you a sub at the end of the dock, looks like some missions as well, having a go at that now.

Where the hell is it? I really can't find it. It's near the Army base, right?

I'm at the spot of the map that says "They're here", but not seeing anything. It's up on a mountain.

Maybe I should wait until it's dark.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
well
there are aliens
in that side mission. Scared the phuk out of me not gonna lie.

I'm reading that off the docks, there is an alien spaceship underwater, found with sub. Anyone wanna look and see if it can be hauled up with the sub?

Pic

Ithil

map29ifxq.jpg

j6eTH5DmvQAcR.jpg

inky

SO. MUCH. STUFF.

I'm still going through the story atm tho, about halfway through. Will leave the secrets and thorough exploration till after I'm done.

<3 this game.

-GJ-

This need to be cracked like yesterday. the same as the mount chilliad cryptic message.

0497ef150dd793bf1aebe1be1668a760.png

This has been cracked.

HUGE SPOILER

You have to get 100% completion, then use the buggy you get for collecting all the spaceship parts to go to the top of the mountain at night and honk 3 times or something like that. Click here if you want to see what happens.

Jawmuncher

This has been cracked.

HUGE SPOILER

You have to get 100% completion, then use the buggy you get for collecting all the spaceship parts to go to the top of the mountain at night and honk 3 times or something like that. Click here if you want to see what happens.

For anyone holding out on spoilers.
It's not worth all the work is what I can say about that.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Ok guys, ive never played a GTA before. Is it really good enough to get into for a noob like me? Is it totally playable? Im a bit of a graphics person and the frame rate in GTA4 bothered me on PS3.

TheContact

Ok guys, ive never played a GTA before. Is it really good enough to get into for a noob like me? Is it totally playable? Im a bit of a graphics person and the frame rate in GTA4 bothered me on PS3.

Hell yes. Frame rate is 30, sometimes lower though. On ps3 disc version I haven't seen it go below 28 yet

Top Bottom