• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzbang

Banned
I wasn't too fussed about GTA V until I read the awesome OT. I just broke down and preordered the PS3 version!

Do we know yet if this has any of the annoying girlfriend / cousin / nagging shit that pretty much ruined GTA IV (for me at least)? That would be a bit of a bummer.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The stuff you could completely ignore and literally had to do, what twice? Out of 50+ missions? The rest was optional,... that stuff? Which people complain about 5 years later and still don't get how to not answer a phone? Is that the stuff you mean?

Brannon

Gonna be hard to play this game to the end when you get to the inevitable Mexican standoff betwixt the three characters because of irreconcilable differences; you'll have to pick which one gets to walk away since the other two will be dead. It will be a hard choice, to be sure.

Andrew.

Banned
Gonna be hard to play this game to the end when you get to the inevitable Mexican standoff betwixt the three characters because of irreconcilable differences; you'll have to pick which one gets to walk away since the other two will be dead. It will be a hard choice, to be sure.

Wouldnt be surprised if something like this is actually how it ends. We already know Trevor and Michael have a shaky past.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
GTA4 did not have enough of the silly stuff...took itself too seriously.

It sure did...

BrucieKibbutz-GTAIV.jpg

Dat oscar worthiness...

dreamfall

Tell me you're getting the ps3 version, fellow LC brother:D

How I wish! My fellow GTA V brethren, I spent the most time with the 360 version of IV- even though I completed it several times on both.

I'll miss the Dualshock feel, but know that our GAF crews are the pride of Buckethead's glorious OT!

Soon, my friend, soon.

Anyone know what time will the pre-load version on the EU PSN unlock?
I'm considering changing my physical pre-order to a digital pre-order

Very doubtful, but do you think they will restrict flying to maybe just Trevor in sp. Is he the only one we have seen flying? I'm guessing he had a military background and is now a crop duster (like Independence Day).

Considering the map is unlocked from the start this could be their way of restricting certain activities until later in the game when you have unlocked all three characters.

Like I said, doubtful. But it wouldn't surprise or irritate me.

I just hope my Fat PS3 of 2009 does not decide to blow up because it was going crazy with The Last of Us. If that happens I need to buy the 360 version or a new PS3.

Pyccko

Main thing I'm hoping for is easter eggs. Having only 1 in IV was the biggest bummer about that whole game for me.

I just hope my Fat PS3 of 2009 does not decide to blow up because it was going crazy with The Last of Us. If that happens I need to buy the 360 version or a new PS3.

I feel your pain, I have a launch 60 and it was screaming when I tried to play the Last of Us. Ended up playing it on my roommates PS3 downstairs. May have to do the same with this :\

What about the underwater world, is there any map for it?

Doubt it. On the main map the darker blue areas are probably the explore-able underwater areas. Seems like you can explore quite a lot!

Man...diving into the water for the first time is gonna be so good! I hope it feels ‘connected’ to the main land and not like a separate thing.

n6ju8Qi.gif

Ian

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The stuff you could completely ignore and literally had to do, what twice? Out of 50+ missions? The rest was optional,... that stuff? Which people complain about 5 years later and still don't get how to not answer a phone? Is that the stuff you mean?

Calm down ,man! :)

Yes, that stuff. I realise you could ignore it, but the phone going off every 5 seconds? To use your vernacular "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Marleyman

Banned
Who else is playing on 360? I can't wait to get into some of the online stuff..after I finish the SP of course, which I am going to make last for a long time.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If you guys had to pick one thing that gets you the most excited for GTA V...what would it be?

For me it would have to be the fact that we can explore and go on treasure hunts underwater!

Going hunting! Just being in the wilderness in General, I can't wait to go pretend camping in GTA online with my buddies.

And by pretend camping I mean, hide from the law in the forest.

Who else is playing on 360? I can't wait to get into some of the online stuff..after I finish the SP of course, which I am going to make last for a long time.

Definitely. Full install baby!

I am not sure how 'into' the online I will be. But if there's a good crew that doesn't care too much about win/loss ratios and just enjoys fucking around (but still trying) ... that's more my style.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

it doesn't have to be that way.

moeaH5O.jpg

(the fourth person is Trevor's Mum, who he rescues from the nursing home after realising how badly he had treated her over the years. It's difficult to tell, but she's riding side saddle)

Ohhh shit.

See, this is why I'm not even slightly worried about the size of the map. Everyone on GTAForums is freaking out but it's clear that the map is not only vast, but packed with detail. They won't be happy until it's five times the size of Just Cause 2's map with detail at the same level of GTA IV.

This is going to be so great...

They wouldn't even be happy then, this is the internet after all. The only way to please some people would be to make a custom game for each of the whingers. If it was missing one thing they wanted they'll be moaning.

I mean, people are moaning about this OT what chance do Rockstar have?

ironcreed

Banned
Are people really worried about the size, lol? Remember, it is bigger than RDR, San Andreas and GTA IV combined. Huge game is huge. Thankfully, there is plenty to do and even randomized events that occur throughout the world as well.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
it doesn't have to be that way.

(the fourth person is Trevor's Mum, who he rescues from the nursing home after realising how badly he had treated her over the years. It's difficult to tell, but she's riding side saddle)

If only. Trevor's mum will likely be the cause of the irreconcilable differences. Apparently, both Franklin and Michael manage to... woo her in a mid-game mini-game called Hot Formaldehyde. Can't imagine what that will involve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom