• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love if they did car packs as DLC with car models from the previous games.

It could be like 88' Infernus; 94' Banchee; 2001' Sentinel.

Just updated the visuals on the models and collect monies.

You best expect that in GTA Online. I think we're gonna see them cashing in with models and I'll buy basically everything. As long as people who don't have the DLC can _see_ people driving those cars, but can't get into them and drive them themselves? Major winner there.

So, I went to go pre-order this on PSN, and, a warning popped up on the store saying "you better have 36 GB of free space on your PS3, because, if you don't DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS GAME"

36 GBs? Jesus. I wonder / hope it's only around half of that for the SP since MP is coming later. Is there any info on that? Do I really need to clear up 36 for the initial download on Tuesday?

Because, even if that 36 GB goes up at midnight (which I know it won't) that still means I won't be able to play it till Wednesday. Hell, I'll be lucky if it even installs by the time midnight hits on Wednesday.

You only need to download 18 GB, the PS3 needs double the space in order to install the game.

Online playing Grand Theft Auto V - Stripclub

iYKztZWPcC3s9.gif

Dead.

jaaz

I'd say it's very likely we'll get to fly it. There was a flyable one in San Andreas, this is much bigger than San Andreas, it's full of planes; it wouldn't make sense to make one of them not flyable and we've seen a shot of one of the characters in the pilot seat I think.

I was referring to 9/11 sensitivities. Wasn't there a GTA game where they didn't let us fly commercial airliners because they didn't want to see players crashing them into skyscrapers?

I really hope we've moved beyond that now...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't get the reference.
Classic old school GAFer. Hyped the crap out of IV, even made the OT for it, and ended up hating it.

Alienous

God damn, it's just blatant mission names.

And some of the GTA mission names can get pretty on the nose.

I'm surprised Rockstar didn't plan for this.

jaaz

Someone called the warsinger has played it as well.
But when I was friends with him and looked it said he had played Minecraft and then GTAV.
I have no idea why you would put down GTA for minecraft though.

It might be these little people called kids... :)

How much space did IV's DLC take up? I think platform choice may end up being decided by the amount of space needed for the install and future DLC.

The 360 is only 18 GB, right? Where in the world is the other 18 GB?

Could be uncompressed or less compressed audio... But who knows.

My old 2008 PS3 downloads so goddam slow, even on a 100Mbit connection that it would take until GTA6 comes out before I could play it.

The 360 is only 18 GB, right? Where in the world is the other 18 GB?

The PS3 version is also only 18 GB, but the way it installs digital games is by having the downloaded files and the install files be separate so it needs twice as much space to install the game, but once it's installed the downloaded files are deleted leaving only the installed files.

Derrick01

Banned
Classic old school GAFer. Hyped the crap out of IV, even made the OT for it, and ended up hating it.

Ah. To be fair we didn't really know much about 4 before it came out and that's why a lot of us were blindsided by how bad it was, me included.

With everything they've revealed about 5 and how much it has that 4 didn't I find it impossible that it won't be more fun and a stronger game. That's why I feel so comfortable saying that. It's guaranteed.

The powah of the Cloud.

Makes me wonder how much stuff is going to be compressed on the 360 version in comparison to the PS3. 18 GB is not something that is negligible.

The PS3 version is also only 18 GB, but the way it installs digital games is by having the downloaded files and the install files be separate so it needs twice as much space to install the game, but once it's installed the downloaded files are deleted leaving only the installed files.

Ah okay, if that is the case then forget what I said.

painey

I liked GTA4 but it was so hard to get into the story because of the AWFUL fake 'Neeko' accent. I look forward to this one where I can just be immersed like other GTA's and not cringe at the voice acting

Alienous

He actually is involved with radio stuff in the real world a lot. It's why he's so great in GTA.

Radio 1. That's fairly legitimate radio.

The last radio show I heard him on, he was talking about drug use, and tattoo's. Gang members and prison. To be talking about GTA V on BBC Radio 1 is almost surreal.

..stop watching his profile then?

I don't recall saying I didn't know how to avoid it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ah. To be fair we didn't really know much about 4 before it came out and that's why a lot of us were blindsided by how bad it was, me included.

With everything they've revealed about 5 and how much it has that 4 didn't I find it impossible that it won't be more fun and a stronger game. That's why I feel so comfortable saying that. It's guaranteed.

I may have only been on GAF a relatively short time, but I've seen you post plenty. I'm not taking the piss, but I don't recall you ever being so positive about a game in that time.

You're reaffirming my confidence that GTA V will be really good.

SuperSah

Banned
Did R* specify how the 360 install works?

Do you insert the playable disc then be prompted to switch like in Forza 4, or will we have to do the non-playable disc first?

MCN

Banned

Do you insert the playable disc then be prompted to switch like in Forza 4, or will we have to do the non-playable disc first?

I think you install the non-playable disc first, then play from the second disc.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

You:
Instert disc 1
Wait for disc 1 to install
Remove disc 1
Put in disc 2
Have fun!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I liked GTA4 but it was so hard to get into the story because of the AWFUL fake 'Neeko' accent. I look forward to this one where I can just be immersed like other GTA's and not cringe at the voice acting

Hahah. Yeah I hated Neeeeko. So glad to be going back to San Andreas.

neemmss

You best expect that in GTA Online. I think we're gonna see them cashing in with models and I'll buy basically everything. As long as people who don't have the DLC can _see_ people driving those cars, but can't get into them and drive them themselves? Major winner there.

It would be more funny and cool if the cars could only spawn for those that bought the dlc. That way the only way that those that have not bought the dlc can use these cars would be to jack them from other players while playing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom