• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhoan

It's 2:39PM. UPS said 2:00 and 5PM (edit: checked again). I'm like a dog waiting for its owner to come home. :(

It's gotten to the point where I'm on my escape keeping an eye out for the UPS truck. Once my game comes, I can install it, turn off my Xbox and leave happily to school a couple of hours before my 7PM class.

I haven't been this excited for a game since the huge amount of games that I got on sale from the MS Store on Black Friday last year; before that Dark Souls.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Popped into some of the clothes stores, seems either some stores have slightly different ones now and then, or the further you get in the story a couple more get unlocked as I keep finding new one with stars next to them. Found a different stylist too, I thought there was one only hairplace that was the same all over, found a posh one, so either more options were unlocked globally or just at this type of barber.

There is an impound, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. I got a message about one of my cars being there, I went and I ended paying 250 for a Mini Cooper I stole and forgot about. Need to figure out how it works.
I think the car insurance is for multiplayer only. You can pay it, and if another player steals your car you don't lose it.

About the garages. The garages are different from your safehouse. In your safehouse you have place for only one car. It seems you can't lose that car. It is a different car for each character. I don't know if you can keep the upgrades you make for that car. And it seems as you complete missions, you can have some other vehicles parked outside that garage.

The proper garages are for storing cars you buy or steal. If you leave them in other place, you must pay a "fine" to bring it to your garage. I'm not sure what happens if the car is destroyed. It seems is the place for special cars too. These cars don't use slots in the garage.

BTW, these garages are marked in your map. I think it is a different garage for each character.

Hmm, so do we know what happens with buying stuff online? I know you can buy planes, I don't want to buy some expensive thing to then never have it again if I lose the damn thing or crash into a mountain side, lol.

dalVlatko

There are too many stores that look like you should be able to walk into but you can't.

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing lol

I'm driving around trying to find a store to rob and I can't find one

Dreaver

Guys, I just stole a security car (armored one) with money in it. How the hell do I open the backside? I was reading sticky bombs, but I don't think I have unlocked them yet. Can anyone help me out?

duckroll

Is the Friends section of the game menu broken? It usually takes a while to load. Sometimes it doesn't load. When it does, I can see friends who are online and who have GTA5, but I can't actually go into the menu to toggle between friends and compare stats. Is Rockstar's site being hammered too hard or something?

Is the Friends section of the game menu broken? It usually takes a while to load. Sometimes it doesn't load. When it does, I can see friends who are online and who have GTA5, but I can't actually go into the menu to toggle between friends and compare stats. Is Rockstar's site being hammered too hard or something?

Must be because 90% of the time I cannot upload to social club or even log in.

Try shooting the doors a bunch.
The middle of the doors! The crease between the two doors in the middle. Just shooting the doors itself won't work. There is a tutorial message when you encounter your first security van that specifically says shoot in the middle and not just anywhere else on the doors or van. They fly open after just a few shots if your doing it properly.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah that was me. I took an Infernus (Lambo) and drove full speed on the highway around the island. Took about 10 mins with no crashes.

I can guarantee you that running just holding A would take minimum 30 mins and that's an extremely low estimate.

Ok sounds good, thanks for the details!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Where in Chile is that? We have microplay here in Canada too (not sure if same company) but its shit and I think now mostly in Quebec cause I never see them in Toronto anymore. Anyways have fun. And happy independence day sept 18 bro!

Its the microplay in viña del mar, its in a mall in the third floor. Thanks for happy feelings! Its a sad time for me personally because even tough i get to enjoy GTA V my dog is also dying as we speak :(

Dreaver

The middle of the doors! The crease between the two doors in the middle. Just shooting the doors itself won't work. There is a tutorial message when you encounter your first security van that specifically says shoot in the middle and not just anywhere else on the doors or van. They fly open after just a few shots if your doing it properly.

I fired about 200 (pistol) bullets, no luck.. :(. Where do I have to shoot it exactly? What's the crease? It took me about 20 mins to steal (I shot the tires so it took me ages to lose the police with it) so this really sucks haha.

Edit: Here is a picture of the backside of the van I stole, including the bullet marks.
644302_10201404312661200_1830049821_n.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It must be. It worked last night and I can't get into the menu now, I also still can't take pictures because social club is getting screwed.

If I takes 12 minutes in a very fast car that is hours on foot. You can guess it is around 100mph and you run max of 20 and of course due to stamina an having to rest you have to jog or walk too. I would say 1 1/2 hours to run around the landscape.

LkPr

I fired about 200 (pistol) bullets, no luck.. :(. Where do I have to shoot it exactly? What's the crease? It took me about 20 mins to steal (I shot the tires so it took me ages to lose the police with it) so this really sucks haha.

Park it in a gas station, beside a pump and then blow up the station. The vehicle will blow with it opening the back and giving you access to what is inside it.

Edit: Here is a picture of the backside of the van I stole, including the bullet marks.
644302_10201404312661200_1830049821_n.jpg
Shoot the middle of the doors, where the handles are. It takes a handful of good shots, but it'll open. :)

Park it in a gas station, beside a pump and then blow up the station. The vehicle will blow with it opening the back and giving you access to what is inside it.
Or that'll work, lol.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Now I'm real puzzled, did 4 main missions as franklin, now nothing is apparent to do, I have not met/unlocked the other characters so I can't switch. Finished the dog mission now just aimless wandering and side missions, because the path to the next part of the sotry is not apparent. Can anyone help?

Its the microplay in viña del mar, its in a mall in the third floor. Thanks for happy feelings! Its a sad time for me personally because even tough i get to enjoy GTA V my dog is also dying as we speak :(
Damn dude sorry to hear that. Mine died a few years ago and its really tough. Spend time with him while you can because GTA will be always be there.
At the back of the truck there are two doors closed shut. One on the left and one on the right. You gotta shoot directly in the middle where the two doors meet. They will then both fly open. I've only done this twice mind you but both times they swung open after a few pistol shots. 200 is too much lol

Im gonna try the gas station tip though because that sounds like more fun!

From eurogamer

If you thought Japan's fervour over Monster Hunter was nuts, get a load of this: Grand Theft Auto 5 sold over 1.57 million units in the UK alone in one day.

This makes it the country's fastest-selling video game launch ever.

According to GfK Chart-Track (via GamesIndustry International), GTA5 generated revenues of £65 million across its releases on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Leunam

Went to the top of Mt. Chiliad and grabbed the parachute. Proceeded to jump off of two cliffs and take a nasty tumble before I found a spot that was suitable for base jumping. Good lesson to be learned here.

burnfout

One thing that really bugs me is the lack of AA in the city during the daytime. I see flickering lines a lot in the distance while driving. It's very distracting. I ultimately changed the HDMI setting on my TV to Graphics (was on video) and it helped a bit. It's still noticeable though.

I am getting used to it, but sometimes it can be REALLY bad and it takes me out of the experience.

Also, certain poles and straight lines have virtually no AA at all. One realy noticeable one is in the customs shop. Not really bothersome, just unfortunate.

Turn down sharpness on your TV.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh wow... yall really think it would take hours on foot?

Not necessarily literally walking the whole time, but I mean on foot holding "A" down. I would be surprised it if's more than 15-20 real life minutes, that's a long time.

I calculated a rough estimate of this by measuring how far I would get by walking and running (not sprinting) straight ahead for 1 minute each, and then extrapolating that over the distance from the southern end of the map to the northern end. The results:

Walking: 110 min
Running: 40 min

And that's if you were able to walk/run in a straight line without any elevation changes (since I tested this on a flat street), which obviously isn't the case for most of the map. So it would actually take longer than these estimates.

ScOULaris

So how do I jump onto people and make them ragdoll like we saw in some of those early, leaked GIFs? Whenever I run and jump into someone, they remain stationary while my character flops to the floor like a wet noodle.

Skunkers

I can't find a convenience store :/ Can someone give me a general idea of where one is?

I found one you can rob. If you die in Trevor's hometown, you'll spawn at the hospital there. Turn left and run straight for about two blocks. There will be a 7-11 style convenience store you can rob.

pringles

I think the disc 1 install actually installed the Xbox One into the 360. No other way they got this huge world with so much content in it looking so good. Just keep standing around mesmerized by how gorgeous the world is. My favorite graphical effect so far is the wet clothes after being in water, it looks so good and seamlessly dries up. The lighting is simply gorgeous too like everyone's mentioned.

I'm also surprised at how much I like the writing. Yeah the cursing and masturbation jokes get a bit too much at times, but unlike GTA IV it's all much wittier and much more intelligently written overall so I can overlook it. For example I couldn't stop watching some of the TV shows, hilariously bizarre stuff, especially the Howitzer bit.

The007JiM

I know GTA Online starts in october, but the game has some options to register and log in to the Social Club and Facebook Integration in the configuration menu.

Is this available? Because i can´t register or log in.

MCN

Banned
I know GTA Online starts in october, but the game has some options to register and log in to the Social Club and Facebook Integration in the configuration menu.

Is this available? Because i can´t register or log in.

Social Club is having a hard time keeping up at the moment.

KePoW

Banned
I calculated a rough estimate of this by measuring how far I would get by walking and running (not sprinting) straight ahead for 1 minute each, and then extrapolating that over the distance from the southern end of the map to the northern end. The results:

Walking: 110 min
Running: 40 min

And that's if you were able to walk/run in a straight line without any elevation changes (since I tested this on a flat street), which obviously isn't the case for most of the map. So it would actually take longer than these estimates.

Oh wow awesome, thanks for calculating it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom