• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V Steam pre-load is live

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Enjoy your 59GB download.

gtaf8ux2.png

Behold the power of Australia.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Over a day to download a game. Wow.
Is your internet speed that bad EatChildren?

59GB. That's a impressively large game.

Mitch

Banned
Recently downgraded my net at home, since I barely use it.

450 kb/s max, I think. Maybe I'll skip out on getting the game...

dex3108

I will post reminder here too.

You will need 125GB of HDD space for Steam Pre-Load. Steam needs double space for decryption on release day.

careksims

You think that's bad. It's gonna take me half a week to download this. Still, I'm glad I skipped the PS4/XB1 versions. I wanted to play the best version out there!

I'm mad at myself because I preordered from gamestop because I had a gift card but now I cant preload and I'm not even sure if the gift card has been applied to the order.

_machine

Hah, just pre-ordered the game and checked if the pre-load was live and there it was. Good timing, my 3G will cry sweet internet tears (luckily no download cap on it though, and it'll still pull nice 2Mbs).

I'm mad at myself because I preordered from gamestop because I had a gift card but now I cant preload and I'm not even sure if the gift card has been applied to the order.

Is it possible for you to cancel the order, have the funds refunded to the gift card (if it was used anyways) and then order Steam Cards through GameStop?

Red Hood

Banned
I'm not doing a lot better with my 1.7mb/s. Grrrrrrr. I want to switch to fiber internet, but they still don't have that in my town.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Your download speed is the same as mine and we both live in Australia. Are we the same person?

Maybe we live in the same apartments, next door to each other, and have all this time.

Phil4000

Finally! :) We better get the next Rockstar near the console release next time, not 2 years later.. and where the hell is Read Dead Redemption while we are at it!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finally, We better get the next Rockstar near the console release next time, not 2 years later.. and where the hell is Read Dead Redemption while we are at it!!

I still hold hope that RDR will come. The demand is too high for Take-Two to ignore. I mean, it wouldn't sell a further 10 million on the PC, but a port would most definitely be a profitable venture.

Kezen

Banned
Great. One of my relative is streaming 1080p content so my DL speed is no less than twice as shit as it normaly is.
700 kb/s currently.

I'm stuck on Wi-fi on top of that.

I still hold hope that RDR will come. The demand is too high for Take-Two to ignore. I mean, it wouldn't sell a further 10 million on the PC, but a port would most definitely be a profitable venture.
I'd buy it but why haven't they ported it to PC yet ? I mean it's been 5 years.

JaseC

Great. One of my relative is streaming 1080p content so my DL speed is no less than twice as shit as it normaly is.
700 kb/s currently.

I'm stuck on Wi-fi on top of that.

700KBps is what I get on an exceptionally good day. :(

Tizoc

Luckily for me I have unlimited download bandwidth
unlucky for me, my Ex. HDD has less than 200 GB left on it :V

Come on GAF, tell how crappy it runs on your PCs and lappy toppys!

JaseC

For some reason I thought that you could not do that with preorders, only released games.

That's true of Steam Community's basic download management system. He's presumably accessing his PC remotely.

Lingitiz

I really don't know if I should buy this a third time. Played through the PS3 version about halfway before giving up due to the technical flaws...bought the PS4 version and played the intro but not much past that. I really want to dive deep into this game but not sure if it's worth buying it again or just playing the PS4 copy I already have instead.

Kezen

Banned
700KBps is what I get on an exceptionally good day. :(

It's now at 46 kb/s....First world problem.

Okay, okay, OOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAY.
You win this time piece of slime, offspring of a motherless goat, son of the devil, Baphomet worshipping fuck, you win.
Time to refund and order a physical copy, I just can't go through this shit.

Your download speed is the same as mine and we both live in Australia. Are we the same person?

Australias from different realities are merging across the multiverse, and only an attractive blond Irishwoman can save the day

Possibly the plotline of the next Mass Effect

It's now at 46 kb/s....First world problem.

Okay, okay, OOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAY.
You win this time piece of slime, offspring of a motherless goat, son of the devil, Baphomet worshipping fuck, you win.
Time to refund and order a physical copy, I just can't go through this shit.

Out of curiosity, what was the estimated time at that speed?

Top Bottom