• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

TaterPop1980

Neo Member
Started Jedi Survivor this morning on the XSX and will say I was impressed by the visuals and performance (quality mode).
Only an hour in but it’s easily the best looking game I’ve played since Dead Space. It’s on Game pass via EA Play for anyone interested. What is GAF’s consensus on the Jedi Survivor‘s visuals?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Started Jedi Survivor this morning on the XSX and will say I was impressed by the visuals and performance (quality mode).
Only an hour in but it’s easily the best looking game I’ve played since Dead Space. It’s on Game pass via EA Play for anyone interested. What is GAF’s consensus on the Jedi Survivor‘s visuals?
Impossible to get gaf’s consensus of on anything but i personally think it looks amazing at times. Fantastic asset quality and lighting. The open world doesn’t look as good but the enemy bases have great lighting, reflections and model quality.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

Is it just me or does Stalker have a very last gen Metro exodus look to it?

Doesnt look anywhere close to unrecord and other UE5 bodycam shooter games we have seen from indie devs with similar settings. This is supposed to be a UE5 game with nanite and lumen.

still, it doesn't look bad at all, the atmosphere is there
but
yes, it has definitely got worse over the past few trailers

STALKER-2-new-screenshots-4.jpg

STALKER-2-new-screenshots-8.jpg

STALKER-2-new-screenshots-7.jpg

STALKER-2-new-screenshots-5.jpg

STALKER-2-new-screenshots-6.jpg

STALKER-2-new-screenshots-3.jpg

STALKER-2-new-screenshots-2.jpg

STALKER-2-new-screenshots-1.jpg

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Holy shit. Dragons Dogma 2 with path tracing mod looks amazing. its crazy how materials look better just because the lighting is better.

miklonus

So, what do you guys think? Has anything wowed you yet this generation?
I hate the PS5. I hate this generation. I've told you this before. The PS5 pales in comparison to the PS4 a decade ago, or a generation ago, in terms of games specifically designed for it which take advantage of it. Fuck Spider-Man 2 fuck that wack-ass game. PS4 and Sony's practices regarding it were far from perfect, but the PS5's output, and Sony's strategy for the PS5, are so inferior that I'd be lying to myself if I said that I was satisfied with it.

I don't have high hopes for RED in terms of visuals. it's reportedly another pseudo-RPG that will probably only build slightly on their already outdated engine.

Tom Henderson already leaked that the AC engine has been substantially upgraded for AC Red, I have high expectations personally.

The most means that moving forward, Assassin’s Creed will benefit visually from the lines of ray-traced global illumination and virtual geometry. The move to the Anvil Pipeline has meant that the teams have had to completely overhaul everything in the series, too, including animations, its parkour system, dynamic weather, and more.

Top Bottom