• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greek Yogurt is One of the Best Foods on Earth

tirant

It's so good.

Look at these macros :') so much protein

I always buy this giant pack from Costco since I eat like two a day for breakfast with my protein shake.

Just wanted to show appreciation for this healthy dessert; I ate like 4 cups today.

Greek yoghurt without fat is not Greek yoghurt and tastes terrible.

It should have between 10-15% of fat.

The thing is that especially the us and European associate different things with greek yoghurt.
For most Europeans it's 10% fat yoghurt for the US it the low fat yoghurt some turkish dude had massive success.

I have to disagree, I think it's absolutely disgusting. The thick gooey nature of it just makes me gag if I even get close to it. I couldn't even imagine trying to eat it, I'd throw up for sure.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Agreed. Breakfast is probably the only meal I keep healthy these days because grabbing Greek Yogurt is so damn easy.

Its byproduct, acid whey, is a problem for Earth though.

OP, you're contributing to global warming due to the yogurt's inefficient manufacturing process.

Also lay off the sugar. 4 cups is almost like having a soda.

Stop living, OP. The environment.

Your Greek yogurt has a bunch of added shit in it.

You want to be buying the one that has like one ingredient along with the cultures. You want sweetness? Put your own fruit in.

People think "yogurt is healthy, and I eat it" and it turns out they're eating sugar filled corn syrup shit with added bullshit instead of plain yogurt.

How does this compare to the OPs? More fat, less sugar.

Astro_Original_Balkan_Plain_6p_750g_NFT.png

Astro_Original_Balkan_Plain_6p_750g_en-1.png

Was eating a lot of this but switched over to B’more Organic Skyr Smoothies. Ton of protein.
Strawberry is my favorite right now with 32g of protein a bottle.
Vanilla has 40g.

CTLance

Obligatory: Oh ew, diet non-fat "yoghurt".

With that out of the way, a nice blob of genuine full-fat Greek yoghurt, sprinkled with some crushed walnuts and topped off with a generous helping of good honey... so delicious. Terribly filling, though. I always want to eat way more than I can actually cram in. Why must stomachs have a capacity limit?!

It's exceptionally annoying to get that as a dessert after gorging on Meze and the main dish. It's just sitting there, tempting you, and you know your stomach will be glued shut if you give in to its siren call. And yet you indulge. Ouzo to the rescue!

I'm hungry. Damn you, CTLance of the past, what shitty timing to go on a diet.

I wanna eat some fried whole Sardines. And Tzatziki with toasted bread sprinkled in herbs and olive oil. I'd even make do with fig ice cream and honey soaked cake. Boo hoo.

Nikodemos

A large amount of the stuff they sell in the US is not proper yogurt.

The best yogurt I've ever had was from a dingy 'everything-mart' on the Bulgarian border and came in large 1-litre glass jars with a small label hastily glued on the side. Nice and thick and creamy.

I wish I liked Yogurt, and dairy in general for the most part. Always see so many different flavors and pretty containers (Yes I'm a sucker for cute packaging, companies love people like me >_<) but no matter how many I try over the years I just can't come close to even tolerating the taste.

Air

Banned
I wish I liked Yogurt, and dairy in general for the most part. Always see so many different flavors and pretty containers (Yes I'm a sucker for cute packaging, companies love people like me >_<) but no matter how many I try over the years I just can't come close to even tolerating the taste.

I didn’t like yogurt for a long time until recently I decided to make some parfaits with fage %2. It was awesome.

Will try the total fat one soon too and I’m excited. Fage 2% blew my mind

Sulik2

Greek yogurt is one of the few foods I've ever encountered that makes me immediately gag at the taste. I just can't do it. Wish I could, its super healthy.

I hate plain greek yogurt but I like the rest. It's definitely a good quick breakfast thing for the lazy.
Greek yogurt is one of the few feeds I've ever encountered that makes me immediately gag at the taste. I just can't do it. Wish I could, its super healthy.
have you tried the flavoured ones? I HATE plain, makes me gag too.

But vanilla and shit, that's where it's at. Slightly less protein though.

Servbot24

Banned
I rotate diets every 4 months and am switching off a vegan diet in a few days. I hate yogurt but I can't wait to get back to it just because it helps so much with not gaining too much weight.

Omadahl

Banned
My wife digs the plain Greek yogurt but it can't eat it unless it's the honey or lemon kind. It's just too sour.

Vanilla Greek yogurt and vanilla granola is basically candy.

Rödskägg

Neo Member
Yoghurt is great but eleven ingredients for a fruit-yoghurt?
Sweeteners, artificial flavours, preservatives etc.

Why?

Milk, fruit and sugar is enough, no?

Sorry, had to be that guy.

Plain Kirkland Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and bananas. My breakfast almost every day and I could never get sick of it.

dralla

I eat FAGE Total every weekend. Mix in cinnamon and some frozen fruit, usually berries/cherries. So friggin' good.

entremet

Full fat or bust.

Fage total used to be even richer, but then the fat-phobes complained and the halved the fat content. Not as good as the original recipe.

Riposte

I love it and heard it's keto friendly, is this true? Because I've been seriously considering going on a keto diet.
The one in the OP and all the non-fat ones, no. Full fat, yes. Unfortunately it seems full fat is rare to find. Costco sells like eight brands of yogurt, all 0% fat with a bunch of sugar. You don't want to eat stuff that's just carbs and protein (it's not a high protein diet).

I'm trying to cut out my dairy intake as much as possible but at the same consuming enough to avoid intolerance

But yeah when I do go Dairy it's this bad boy for sure

I heard that Grenada is working on a yogurt so thick that getting a spoonful of it is going to be like pulling a wrench out of the mud.

Jasup

Off topic question: Why are the nutritional values mentioned only per serving? Doesn't that make comparing the products a bit confusing when they use different serving sizes or are the serving sizes standardized?

What I'm used to is having nutritional value both in set amount (100g or 100ml) and per serving on the label. Makes the comparison between products much easier.

Oh and yes, as has been mentioned: fat free and low fat yoghurts are generally inferior alternatives.

Off topic question: Why are the nutritional values mentioned only per serving? Doesn't that make comparing the products a bit confusing when they use different serving sizes or are the serving sizes standardized?

What I'm used to is having nutritional value both in set amount (100g or 100ml) and per serving on the label. Makes the comparison between products much easier.

Oh and yes, as has been mentioned: fat free and low fat yoghurts are generally inferior alternatives.

Yeah. It's hilarious to be buying bread and see that there are so many grams of sugar in a serving... You assume 2 pieces, right? Nah, some of them, particularly the ones with a shit ton too much sugar, like to say a serving size is a single slice. What a crock.

So you got these breads.. 4 grams i na single slice. I mean, WOW. You may as well drink a soda instead of making yourself what you think is a healthy sandwich.

Top Bottom