• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GreenManGaming Indie Sale (Frozen Synapse, To The Moon, Tiny&Big... up to 75% off)

Haunted

I'll recommend cargo commander...even though I didn't actually like it.

Everything isn't quite as good as you want it to be. The action isn't quite there, the atmosphere isn't quite there, the collecting/rogue like elements? They miss the mark too.

It is unlikely that you will get into it and enjoy...but I can also really see how some people might. For the price? It is worth the punt.
That's basically what I think.

It should be awesome, it has all the elements I enjoy in a game recently and yet... you put it well, it's all not quite there. It doesn't feel good to play, it's sometimes disorienting, it doesn't give good feedback.

One of my bigger disappointments lately, I really wanted to like it.

Lain

Our first release, War of the Human Tanks is a part of this Green Man Gaming Indie Weekend, currently at 75% discount. (already listed in the OP)

I'd like to use of this opportunity to talk to you about the game a little. So you can have better information when deciding if you want to take advantage of the weekend's discount.

War of the Human Tanks is a cross between Japanese style adventure games and hex based strategy games.

It is split into chapters that are formed like the episodes of a TV series, including opening and endings. Each chapter has a battle that you play in a gameplay that can be best described as a mix of battleship and chess (this analogy belongs to a reviewer, I liked it so much that I use it everywhere to describe the game). This battle is proceeded and followed by Japanese adventure style story sequences.

It is made of thirteen chapters and based on your performance you can get four different endings. You can also use your previous save while starting a new game to use the units you customized. Which reminds me that I forgot to mention that it allows you to upgrade and customize your "human tanks" in various ways between battles. there are lots of tank and upgrade models to unlock and use.

You can view trailers, screenshots and even play a free demo from our homepage at http://fruitbatfactory.com/humantanks/

I bought this when it was on sale on GMG before this indie sale and I'll say that it is a nice and funny little game.

Also while it is not on Steam yet, GMG will give Steam keys to people that purchased it if the game manages to pass Greenlight, which could be an incentive.

Top Bottom