• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grill-GAF, please help me decide on a new Grill

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I have needed a new grill for some time. I finally have a natural gas line at my place and I cannot wait to start grilling again. I have narrowed it down to these 2 (in no particular order). They are fairly close in price (within 100 dollars), so I'm hoping some of you fine people will be able to help me decide on one of these. My budget is about 2000, but of course, if I can spend less for a quality grill, other suggestions are welcome.

1. Napoleon Prestige Pro 500 RSIB

Product Details

8153zSY9X-L._SL1500_.jpg

Highlights:

- A side burner that is actually useful, gets up to 1800 degrees Farenheit and apparently makes searing a steak incredibly easy. (They call it the Sizzle Zone)
- Light up knobs that let you know if the gas is on or off
- Interior lights that let you do grilling after the sun goes down which I do every now and then

Concerns:

- Deflector plates slant towards the back of the grill, so cleaning the back might be a bit of an issue
- There are some screws inside the grill that I'm thinking will very quickly corrode, making them impossible to cleanly remove should that time ever come
- I'm not a big fan of the wavy grill grates, I'm guessing they'll be a little annoying to clean
- Not sure about the reliability of the ceramic side burner

2. Weber Summit E-470

Product Details

Highlights:

- Sear Station that gets up to 900 degrees Farenheit that makes searing steaks relatively easy which is housed inside the grill
- Pop up rotisserie that makes setting up and putting it away very easy
- Extremely reliable and even cooking
- Very solid and well thought out firebox construction

Concerns:
- Drip tray can fill up and overflow in the rain - making a mess inside the cabinet and on the deck
- Wood smoker tray takes up space from the grill and doesn't really work well (space can be reclaimed, but at my cost)

The Napoleon has a few more bells and whistles, but I'm not too concerned about that, I want a grill that grills exceptionally well and will last a long time. Help me decide and if you ever in my neck of the woods I will grill you an amazing steak.

Fliesen

We sell both Webers and Napoleon and they're equal in build quality.

Weber's just a stronger brand with a better accessory ecosystem. - They're like Apple vs. Napoleon's Samsung.

The Napoleon's sizzle zone is an amazing feature - meanwhile, with the Weber, you can get the GBS which adds further features to your grill.

I'd personally go for the Napoleon.

FyreWulff

get the one with the heat source under a metal grid-layout partition that can be activated via user control manipulation

v1lla21

I was hoping for a joke thread and my dude wanted one of em mouth grills.

Weber just because we've had one for years and it's been great

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Wow - lots of votes for the Weber. I was expecting a slightly more even battle.

We sell both Webers and Napoleon and they're equal in build quality.

Weber's just a stronger brand with a better accessory ecosystem. - They're like Apple vs. Napoleon's Samsung.

The Napoleon's sizzle zone is an amazing feature - meanwhile, with the Weber, you can get the GBS which adds further features to your grill.

I'd personally go for the Napoleon.

Why would you go for the Napoleon over the Weber? Solely the Sizzle Zone? I must say, it does look like it would be a great thing to use.

Weber.

I have a similar model, it's what a grill should be.

Sear Station is legit. Throw those on high, slap a steak on there and in minutes you have perfection.

I have a Weber, an older version of the one you linked with less bells and whistles. It's awesome. Almost ten years and the automatic lighter stopped working, but the grill itself still works great and gets really hot with proper pre-heating. Very even and reliable with very little maintenance needed.

I can't speak for Napoleon but Weber is flawless.

I have the S330 with the star station and man does the grill get hot and cook nicely.

Love it!!

Top Bottom