• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RDR2 is almost a perfect game for me. (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!)

Stafford

So I'm in part two of the epilogue now and I'm really loving the part where you head to that canyon area with Sadie. See, as much as I love the game I have absolutely been missing these kind of environments.

It's mostly a lot of green during Arthur's story and none of the typical western locations like we know from movies, from the first game. I guess it really could have used some of that earlier on. Man, how I wish Rockstar had made an expansion and then perhaps play as Sadie, taking place after Arthur dies.

Ah well.

Last edited:

vkbest

The most overrated game ever, the story and graphics are pretty great, ok, but I couldn't even put this in my top 20 list with the tank controls and the archaic quest system design.

There is an older guy here at work (72) that I would show clips of Red Dead Redemtion while we were on break. He thought it was the most amazing thing he had ever seen. I almost got him to buy a console just to play this one game. But he never did. :(

amigastar

There is an older guy here at work (72) that I would show clips of Red Dead Redemtion while we were on break. He thought it was the most amazing thing he had ever seen. I almost got him to buy a console just to play this one game. But he never did. :(
Yeah, my Dad (who is 66 years old) was the same, i've showed him RDR2 and he said "now that looks like a game i would play" since he's a western movie fan.
But he never did also :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

Stafford

Just finished the epilogue and thus the whole game. Did all the actual side missions. Epilogue was way longer than I expected, loved it. Great final mission too.

Question for those that finished it as well. Did you also see a rat here? It's probably due to the dynamic world, but this is just perfect. Right before he appears this is:

Johnny2Bad

I've never used this feature, I do recall it being explained right in the beginning. But doesn't it still require you to hold a button? If not, how?
Cinematic travel and fast travel will not give your horse any bonding points. If you want to increase the bonding levels, you have to ride.

Stafford

Cinematic travel and fast travel will not give your horse any bonding points. If you want to increase the bonding levels, you have to ride.

It could be nice if you still have a lot of side stuff to do after fully beating the story. I've done ever single quest available to me, so I probably won't be doing too much in this game anymore. Except explore the completely unused location.

Johnny2Bad

It could be nice if you still have a lot of side stuff to do after fully beating the story. I've done ever single quest available to me, so I probably won't be doing too much in this game anymore. Except explore the completely unused location.
Once I've done everything in the game, I'm finished with it. The first time through I did every quest but on subsequent plays I skipped all the tedious quests that take a long time to complete for very little gain. A good example is that guy just north of St Denis. You have to gather a ton of flowers etc and all you get is a silly hat that I've no intention of ever wearing.

danklord

Gold Member
It uses the color red, a lot of characters end up dead, and in the end... you find redemption. Twice. Masterful game.

Top Bottom