• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Countdown: Top Ten Straight Up Villains

Toxi

Banned
Weird choices.

Bowser is a straight-up villain in some games, but he's an anti-hero in the RPGs and a go-karting buddy in the sports games.

Lavos is a parasite. It eats to survive. Yes, its survival is at odds with everyone else, but I would hardly call it a straight-up villain. That's like calling a mosquito a villain.
Where is Gary Motherfucking Oak?
He's not even a villain, he's just a douchebag. The 2nd generation games have him mature quite a bit too.

Wesker is a good villain.
Ares from God of War was good too
The God of death from God of War 3 pissed me off thus achieving his goal as villain.
I liked the dude from Bioshock 1 as the villain. I'll say he was a great villain. Worth a mention on that list.

Ishida

Banned
I don't understand why Bowser and Ganondorf keep getting mentioned in every list as Nintendo's greatest villains.

*Giygas
*Pokey/Porky
*Ridley

Yet none of those 3 guys ever make it? The lists are just a popularity contest instead of being about actual great villains.

Shit list, sephiroth should be higher psycho mantis doesn't deserve a place at all and ocelot over liquid since liquid has be in 1 game. Ocelot did all the heavy lifting for a villain in that series.

Fitts

Romeo Guildenstern is still the only antagonist in a game that committed such vile acts that I actually felt intense hatred for the character. Nothing else in gaming has felt as satisfying as defeating him for the first time.

Toxi

Banned
I don't understand why Bowser and Ganondorf keep getting mentioned in every list as Nintendo's greatest villains.

*Giygas
*Pokey/Porky
*Ridley

Yet none of those 3 guys ever make it? The lists are just a popularity contest instead of being about actual great villains.
Ridley's entire role is to roar and attack the player out of nowhere. He's a great boss, not a great villain.

Also, Giygas is hardly a straight-up villain.

Top Bottom