• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport to add New Cars,Offline GT League and more

sn0man

Uhm, please no? How long do we need to look at them, it's 2017 already. Hi-poly or no-poly for me.

Hopw they release a GOTY Edition wirh everything on the disc already. Don't want to download everything from psn

Nice. I'll grab a copy next year then, once they re- release the complete game at retail with all of the content they add over the next 12 months.

I’m with you two. Just rerelease this game after they patch it into a complete experience. It reeks of SFV pre Arcade Edition.

On PS3 everyone was bitching about the standards even saying they’d be happy with the just 200 premium cars. Now we have people asking for them back?!

Something I wish they had done in GT6 would have been giving us a toggle to hide the standard cars from the dealerships and stuff.

It does bother me on principle they have 50 cars ready to go a month in. After the it takes 6 months per car reasoning/excuse just rubs it in.

Holding the content back (or at least designing the games this way) is just wrong on so many levels.

I'm currently really enjoying the simplicity and plug/play of the SNES mini and it really shows up where current gaming is going wrong for me right now.

How are they able to release 50 in 5 months if they only have 3 ready now?

I dont understand Polyphony Digital, they spend 4 years making a game with so little content and now they are going to release 50 cars (30% extra) in 5 months and single player and other stuff, what they were doing during 4 years then?

Honestly that’s a really really good point. At this point a delay of 1 year would have got them another 100 cars and a decent single player and they could have called it GT7ish.

On November 27 (planned) an update will allow you to play career and scapes offline but you cant save until online...

also mentions new tracks coming

Yeah; that online requirement to save sucks. It’s just some anti-cheating stuff but an offline profile would work as well.

ok first up I wanna say I have an xbox, but how have they got away with releasing this with no single player game? isn't that what these game are 50% about? game look amazing btw.

the way these threads have been for the last few years if Microsoft would of release a half finished Forza the whole of gas front page would of been about it, have I missed this with GT. like I said I think the game looks amazing

Forza has been taking away certain features since FM5 with certain clubs and other things. The loot boxes and unfinished release of 7 are just salt in the wound. Honestly 6 is a pretty good release and has most of what came before. At this point you’ll just see that some people prefer the look and feel (or console preference) of GT or Forza.

So I run a playstation cafe and did you know that the Auto Save wont even save your TV settings at boot if your not online?

I shit you not. All my playstations without online, need to manually set up the tv every time too play the games arcade or 2pl split screen.

This stuff needs to stop. It feels like only releasing part of the game.

I guess they could make two save files. One for online and one for offline content, but then people would be upset they can’t use their offline content online.

There definitely would be people bitching. I still think it would be the best solution. Give people an online or offline profile and a way to convert from online to offline but no way back. That way when the servers go down they still have access.

I can't wait to drive these cars when GT7 releases. Too much fuckery at the moment.

I’m with you. I hope it’s sooner rather than later.

sn0man

My 2¢: they should have made GTS a $60 online focus and GT7 a $60 offline focus and make someone pay for each. They could be complimentary games and poly could get more money and also provide a better experience for all.

FDC1

There is single player right now, just not the usual career mode.

Don't hope for an all-on-the-disc version guys. Game is already over 70GB. I bet it will be way over 100GB when all is done.

Newk86

My 2¢: they should have made GTS a $60 online focus and GT7 a $60 offline focus and make someone pay for each. They could be complimentary games and poly could get more money and also provide a better experience for all.

I don't see why having one means they have to forget the other. IMO a flagship Sony title should have both by now. I'm almost afraid to ask, but I doubt this new single player update and content is compatible with PSVR mode at all (despite them selling a bundle for it). Can't even do more than 2 laps on a track in VR from launch and have to unlock everything by playing non-VR mode first to even access it.

If I must say it's well deserved that the game was down to $28 AUD already this week, even if it was just a sale price. No offline saving the further kicker.

Unknown?

I don't see why having one means they have to forget the other. IMO a flagship Sony title should have both by now. I'm almost afraid to ask, but I doubt this new single player update and content is compatible with PSVR mode at all (despite them selling a bundle for it). Can't even do more than 2 laps on a track in VR from launch and have to unlock everything by playing non-VR mode first to even access it.

If I must say it's well deserved that the game was down to $28 AUD already this week, even if it was just a sale price. No offline saving the further kicker.
It’s well deserved that it was on sale like Destiny 2, Assassins Creed, and other games from the same timeframe? Lol

JP

V1.07 is available to download now (UK) at 253.6 MB, I don't know if this is "the" update though as I can't try it now.

EDIT:
V1.08 is also available now.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Whats this like now offline,is their much content ? I wouldnt mind getting it cheap now but i dont want renew PS Now.

Bogroll said:
Whats this like now offline,is their much content ? I wouldnt mind getting it cheap now but i dont want renew PS Now.

The offline races are OK, however they are a bit of a departure from previous GT games. There is no qualifiers to get a position in the races like in previous GT games - all of the races are basically just "you are in last place/near last place, and you have 3 or more laps to get in 1st place". You are not rewarded cars for completing these events, either. There are a few 30-lap or 1-hour long endurance races, too.

They have added a few courses to the game, too. And of course there's the Driving License, Circuit Experience (which has 1 of the new courses added into it), and Mission Challenge.

There's over 200 cars in the game now and I still have fun with it, I think I've played over 140 hours now with 100+ hours of driving time. I just recently bought the Logitech G29 steering wheel and I realllly wish I bought it sooner because the game is a lot funner with a steering wheel.

The online races are fun but I don't do them too often.

So IMO I think it's worth the price, especially if it's around $30.

Last edited:
all of the races are basically just "you are in last place/near last place, and you have 3 or more laps to get in 1st place".

I love the GT and Forza games but I really do wish that Turn 10 and Polyphony would move on from this specific style of race event (or at least put in the option to qualify). It's sad that we're in the latest iterations of their titles from two extremely experienced teams and yet they are still stuck doing this terrible trope of the console racing genre. It seems foolish to me to spend years developing plausible car physics, vehicles and environments... and then locking the player into a poor qualifying position and then forcing them to race unrealisitically to make up 12+ positions in 3 laps (for example) for an entire game. The only thing they are simulating is a bad race weekend. Repeatedly. I guess everyone else must love that but it's gotten extremely old for me.

Thanks for taking the time to compose your thoughts in your post. It was really informative. I guess I'll wait until the next iteration of GT and hope that the fanbase spoke up loudly enough that Polyphony will rethink some of their design decisions that don't suit me (online only, no quali etc).

Last edited:

Silentium

I love the GT and Forza games but I really do wish that Turn 10 and Polyphony would move on from this specific style of race event (or at least put in the option to qualify). It's sad that we're in the latest iterations of their titles from two extremely experienced teams and yet they are still stuck doing this terrible trope of the console racing genre. It seems foolish to me to spend years developing plausible car physics, vehicles and environments... and then locking the player into a poor qualifying position and then forcing them to race unrealisitically to make up 12+ positions in 3 laps (for example) for an entire game. The only thing they are simulating is a bad race weekend. Repeatedly. I guess everyone else must love that but it's gotten extremely old for me.

Thanks for taking the time to compose your thoughts in your post. It was really informative. I guess I'll wait until the next iteration of GT and hope that the fanbase spoke up loudly enough that Polyphony will rethink some of their design decisions that don't suit me (online only, no quali etc).

I think Polyphony's approach to providing more variable racing is the focus on the online 'Sport Mode' experience where you typically set a qualifying time then join races starting every 15 minutes or so. While not perfect, the new penalty system and general attitude of the player-base means you get some exciting racing in a way that is probably quite difficult to replicate with AI, although I appreciate that not everyone is a fan of the online-first game design.

I suspect that if engagement with GT Sport is higher than previous entries this might be the focus on the series going forward (someone fill me in if we have any stats on that yet).

I think Polyphony's approach to providing more variable racing is the focus on the online 'Sport Mode' experience where you typically set a qualifying time then join races starting every 15 minutes or so. While not perfect, the new penalty system and general attitude of the player-base means you get some exciting racing in a way that is probably quite difficult to replicate with AI, although I appreciate that not everyone is a fan of the online-first game design.

I suspect that if engagement with GT Sport is higher than previous entries this might be the focus on the series going forward (someone fill me in if we have any stats on that yet).

Yeah that's fair enough; I can understand that. If the multiplayer core demographic is enough to drive the series forward from now on, then I wish the team at Polphony all the best. I won't be a customer going forwards if that's the case, however. I'm personally not interested in throwaway single-player components in games (at any price point). Nor am I interested in having to be tethered to a persistent internet connection just to be permitted to play. There are just far too many other options out there competing for my time as a purely single player focused gamer. But I can respect the design decisions made by the dev team. If I'm no longer the core demographic, then so be it. I'll just invest my money and time into another developer's game.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the game though mate; it looks absolutely stellar :). Happy racing.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
The offline races are OK, however they are a bit of a departure from previous GT games. There is no qualifiers to get a position in the races like in previous GT games - all of the races are basically just "you are in last place/near last place, and you have 3 or more laps to get in 1st place". You are not rewarded cars for completing these events, either. There are a few 30-lap or 1-hour long endurance races, too.

They have added a few courses to the game, too. And of course there's the Driving License, Circuit Experience (which has 1 of the new courses added into it), and Mission Challenge.

There's over 200 cars in the game now and I still have fun with it, I think I've played over 140 hours now with 100+ hours of driving time. I just recently bought the Logitech G29 steering wheel and I realllly wish I bought it sooner because the game is a lot funner with a steering wheel.

The online races are fun but I don't do them too often.

So IMO I think it's worth the price, especially if it's around $30.
Thanks i think i'll get it in the next 2 weeks 2nd hand for around £15, i'd like to get that steering wheel but i'm not sure it will work on PS4 and Xbox x for Forza 7 and their is no way i'm buying 2 different wheels my wife would divorce me :)

Top Bottom