• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 News - Nurburgring update (pre-E3 edition)

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah, I noticed that. Weird. The Enzo also entered the curve a bit too aggressive for a rolling start.

Talking about rolling starts. Not every race will have a rolling start like in GT5:p, right?

brotkasten said:
Talking about rolling starts. Not every race will have a rolling start like in GT5:p, right?

One screen showed "Rolling start" on the menu. For it to be there it means it should be a choice.

Also in GT5P, online at least, not all races had rolling starts.

*edit* Here we go:
kafu5f.png

Omiee

SolidSnakex said:
As Omiee said, it just seems like the Enzo is really difficult to handle. mimaximax also seems to suggest that this demo is more in line with the TT in terms of physics. So those videos he made at CES appear to have had a toned down physics engine.

but we can take that as a good sigh right cuz some cars are just harder to handle than others, i just hope the lotus elise is easy to drive like it is in real life.

man i just wish sony would do something with top gear and maybe launch a gran turismo marketing campaighn when the new season of top gear starts
imagine them doing that bit when clarckson did a time in a game and than tried on the track lol

Insertia said:
Wow.
After seeing that I'm a bit less pissed at Polyphony for taking forever and a day to give us solid info and a release date.
That's a quality that no racing game can match.

That's true, but at the same time, it makes the wait even harder.

Oh, and your tag is awesome.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Insertia said:
Wow.
After seeing that I'm a bit less pissed at Polyphony for taking forever and a day to give us solid info and a release date.
That's a quality that no racing game can match.

WTF!!!!!!!!

the engine sound effects still sound like a motorized go cart. and the tire sound effects are still horrible!................WHY???

garrickk

-viper- said:
Seems like the Enzo is a bitch to drive.

But you would expect a race car to be hard to drive when turning of all driver aids :p

e.g. Audi R8 with no driving aids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4fkIDZi6qE
I would have liked to have seen the professional take on the car after the Audi engineers "fixed" it. Since so much is electronic, removing all of the controls also probably removed a lot of the calibration. It might have been rendered almost impossible to finesse, with very non-linear responses.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
garrickk said:
I would have liked to have seen the professional take on the car after the Audi engineers "fixed" it. Since so much is electronic, removing all of the controls also probably removed a lot of the calibration. It might have been rendered almost impossible to finesse, with very non-linear responses.
I doubt they removed all the 'electronic controls' - just the driver's assists. Car might not even start without some of the electronics in it (e.g. the ECU).

Yoboman

Ohh, nice impact sounds when crashing. Another thing that was definitely needed to round out the damage model. Seems like that complaint is finally being sealed off

EDIT:
And the engine rev around 2:40 is sexy

great picture from your buddy mclaren777.

after watching the Enzo cockpit video i really hope that Polyphony removes those awkward hand movements. They arent synched with the gear shifting and are just disturbing. The gear shifting itself is fullfilled within millisecond, why does he hold the gear shifter for seconds? I know i am nitpicking and i will buy it day one, but Polyphony, that just doesnt look right.

Czeer0 said:
Those trees look shit. Pre-order canceled!

WTF! the trees are so blurry you can´t even tell if they are 2D or 3D. Tree simulation am total fail.

This is so embarrasing, PD should stop developing tree simulation games.

deepbrown

painful fart said:
WTF! the trees are so blurry you can´t even tell if they are 2D or 3D. Tree simulation am total fail.

Begs the question. If there was more blur in GT5 gameplay (focus and motion) then noone would be complaining about the trees.

Esteban

Banned
painful fart said:

According to the first pixel analysis, trees are indeed subHD, something like 512p actually.

/suicide

spats

Don't say that... the tree brigade will get it through their heads that GT need 12 different piss filters, super shallow depth of field and a camera that shakes like it's an earthquake.

deepbrown said:
Begs the question. If there was more blur in GT5 gameplay (focus and motion) then noone would be complaining about the trees.

People who enjoy stopping to look at the trees may be upset if they are too blurry, but I like the way you are thinking. ;-)

-viper-

Banned
BTW I made a post earlier whether the DFGT fits on a table with a thickness of 4.5cm (almost 2 inches). The answer seemed to be no :\

Is the G25 able to fit on a table of this thickness?

Czeer0

Neo Member
Gek54 said:
That display of Enzo handling chaos is a really welcome sign, especially after having to deal with that permanent driving aid in that other game.

The 'other' game is brilliant. A joy to drive. If GT5 is equal to the other game, then I'm going to be extremely happy. If GT5 exceeds the quality of the other game's handling characteristics, then I'm going to be ecstatic.

Ultimately it is the true enthusiast of the racing game genre who wins, as opposed to just the console/developer partisan. And that's how it should be.

spats

-viper- said:
BTW I made a post earlier whether the DFGT fits on a table with a thickness of 4.5cm (almost 2 inches). The answer seemed to be no :\

Is the G25 able to fit on a table of this thickness?

Not to completely derail the thread but I checked my wheel and the clamps have detachable extensions... 4.5cm might be pushing it though.

971e92dd-a2e4-412d-b3b1-71886601441.jpg

7fa97421-9207-43e8-abf8-1a64340fba6.jpg

edit: it's a DFGT, not a G25.

peacemountain said:
after watching the Enzo cockpit video i really hope that Polyphony removes those awkward hand movements. They arent synched with the gear shifting and are just disturbing. The gear shifting itself is fullfilled within millisecond, why does he hold the gear shifter for seconds? I know i am nitpicking and i will buy it day one, but Polyphony, that just doesnt look right.

The reason he holds the shifter before actually shifting is so it seems even LESS out of synch. It's like that on purpose. Once you start reaching near the rev limit the animation starts, the pilot goes into "ready" stance, and waits for you to shift before starting the actual shifting part of the animation. If it didn't do then then the entire animation would have to happen after you shifted. I think it's actually pretty smart that they did it that way. Looks great on H shifter cars, not so much on paddle shifters.

-viper-

Banned
spats said:
Not to completely derail the thread but I checked my wheel and the clamps have detachable extensions... 4.5cm might be pushing it though.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/dweezl/971e92dd-a2e4-412d-b3b1-71886601441.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/dweezl/7fa97421-9207-43e8-abf8-1a64340fba6.jpg[/IMG

edit: it's a DFGT, not a G25.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the pic. I think it looks like the wheel would fit.

If anyone can give me any info on the G25's clamping I'd appreciate that too :P Given how the DFGT costs £100 in the UK, I may as well try getting the G25 from eBay at a similar price, or at least I hope I do. Besides the paddle shifters look really crap on the DFGT. They were so much better on the Driving Force EX. In fact the DFGT doesn't really look that nice either. :\

spats

-viper- said:

If anyone can give me any info on the G25's clamping I'd appreciate that too :p Given how the DFGT costs £100 in the UK, I may as well try getting the G25 from eBay at a similar price, or at least I hope I do. Besides the paddle shifters look really crap on the DFGT. They were so much better on the Driving Force EX. In fact the DFGT doesn't really look that nice either. :\

Yeah. The dfgt paddle shifters are shit and the sequential shifter is just as shit, but the wheel itself is very solid and has great force feedback. I paid around 60 euros (~£50) because a store was liquidating inventory, perfect price if you ask me. Definitely go for a g25 if you think you can get one for the price of a dfgt.

Back on topic: the Enzo cockpit is haaawwt!

Firewire

Banned
-viper- said:

If anyone can give me any info on the G25's clamping I'd appreciate that too :p Given how the DFGT costs £100 in the UK, I may as well try getting the G25 from eBay at a similar price, or at least I hope I do. Besides the paddle shifters look really crap on the DFGT. They were so much better on the Driving Force EX. In fact the DFGT doesn't really look that nice either. :\

If you think the DFGT clamps will fit then go for the G25. The clamps look identical! The G25 is a much nicer wheel in every way especially performance.

Gek54

Firewire said:
permanent driving aid?

Yeah there is this other 'sim' that has permanent active steering that will steer the car for you even in 900 degree mode, its highly offensive to the senses. It is refreshing to see the GT5 Enzo lose that much control.

saladine1

Actually, the sounds in GT5 are pretty much rubbish.
I think they need to take a leaf out of T10's book or even the NFS series for that matter.
It's been a problem since day one..

Yoboman

Yeah it's really strange that they sound so bad. You'd think Yamauchi would fix that considering how much time he actually spends racing cars

Melfice7

Metalmurphy said:
The reason he holds the shifter before actually shifting is so it seems even LESS out of synch. It's like that on purpose. Once you start reaching near the rev limit the animation starts, the pilot goes into "ready" stance, and waits for you to shift before starting the actual shifting part of the animation. If it didn't do then then the entire animation would have to happen after you shifted. I think it's actually pretty smart that they did it that way. Looks great on H shifter cars, not so much on paddle shifters.

exactly but imo the movement itself is exaggerated it should be alot more subtle

Top Bottom