• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT6 will use addaptive tesselation

Perkel

Banned
confirmed via recent silverstone event

to me it looks like there will be PS4 version just at E3

Thanks to GraphicHorse for finding it so fast:

GT6 TESSELATION IN ACTION

Gran-Turismo-6_2013_05-15-13_017.jpg

Gran-Turismo-6_2013_05-15-13_018.jpg

Gran-Turismo-6_2013_05-15-13_019.jpg

Gran-Turismo-6_2013_05-15-13_020.jpg

Gran-Turismo-6_2013_05-15-13_021.jpg

Gran-Turismo-6_2013_05-15-13_022.jpg

here is confirmation of using adaptive tesselation on that models which i posted:
taken from conference video

here is exact moment

KageMaru

I'm confused, I thought there was only a PS3 version, so is that version using tesselation or is there a PS4 version using this?

Ricky_R

Evolution Studios doesn't seem to be getting a break lately. Hope their game is good and benefits from being a launch release.

Gadirok

Evolution Studios doesn't seem to be getting a break lately.

That along with what happened with Motorstorm:Apocalypse launching during the Japanese Tsunami in 2011, PSN hacks, bigbig and Liverpool gone, it must be really tough on those guys.

Ricky_R

That along with what happened with Motorstorm:Apocalypse launching during the Japanese Tsunami in 2011, PSN hacks, bigbig and Liverpool gone, it must be really tough on those guys.

Exactly. Must be pretty frustrating. At least Sony recognizes their talent and are keeping them on the roster. Hopefully the hype of a new system and upgraded visuals can help Drive Club sell well.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Evolution Studios doesn't seem to be getting a break lately. Hope their game is good and benefits from being a launch release.

They get to make a game on the flag ship system while PD is regulated to the near dead system. Evolution is probably pretty happy and glad it is not the other way around.

onQ123

Can people please shut the fuck up about Drive Club & the PS4? this thread is about GT6 using Adaptive Tessellation & every post in the thread is about Drive Club or the PS4 SMH.

thank you & have a nice day.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
really 4 threads all for GT6 news like seriously

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Who in the right mind would buy Drive Club at launch at full price if GT6 would come 6 months later? And more important, why not wait 6 months before buying the PS4 (and discounted launch games) if you can enjoy meanwhile great games on PS3 ?

Gestault

For someone with incredible enthusiasm for the pair-up of Forza with PGR, I think the GT with Driveclub pairing may be the best thing for Sony moving forward.

What can I say, i like racing games.

orioto

Good Art™
Who in the right mind would buy Drive Club at launch at full price if GT6 would come 6 months later? And more important, why not wait 6 months before buying the PS4 (and discounted launch games) if you can enjoy meanwhile great games on PS3 ?

That's why i can't believe they do that without some kind of twilight princess cross release in the end. Sony isn't that dumb. Are they ?

Perkel

Banned

Why are you talking about drive club in gt6 tesselation thread ?

E-Cat

ah that helpsn so what is the big deal about this?

Terrain already comes in once you move closer to it right?
Tessellation is seamless in a way that different LODs aren't. But it's part of the DX11 API. The big question is, how are Polyphony accomplishing tessellation on the PS3? Doing it in software would be way too expensive versus the added benefit.

bhlaab

Adaptive probably means it will watch for FPS if there is nothing going on screen more tesselation, busy screen no tesselation. Or something like that.

Adaptive probably means they put a word in front of tessellation so people will go "holy shit did you hear GT6 has adaptive tessellation"

darkwing

Tessellation is seamless in a way that different LODs aren't. But it's part of the DX11 API. The big question is, how are Polyphony accomplishing tessellation on the PS3? Doing it in software would be way too expensive versus the added benefit.

the CELL's SPUs

KKRT00

I dont think 'adaptive tessellation' is for geometry, but for shadows and textures.
There is quite substantial downgrade in terms of textures and metal shaders on cars, also on Trailers some cars lack self-shadowing.
Maybe its for geometry, but track geometry, so just more efficient LOD system, which was almost absent in GT 5.

Top Bottom