• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 was made for PS3/Xbox 360..Considering today's hardware GTA 6 is gonna be absolutely amazing

Klik

Even though GTA 5 had graphical improvements for PS4/X1, in its core its still game made for PS3/Xbox 360 hardware in mind.

Going from 2005 hardware
-3 core CPU
-256mb 0.2 teraflops GPU
-256mb RAM
-slow HDD
to
-Ryzen 8c/16t
-16gb GDDR6
-10tf GPU
-SSD

could be mindblowing in terms of AI, world population, terrain, physics,creativity,AI personalization, destruction etc

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Dude it's not even been one fucking day and i already cannot wait any longer.
It's gonna be mindblowing and i don't want to live a year and a half waiting for it

I think i'll have to resort to drastic mesures
YF6QArC.jpg

Lokaum D+

this game ll be more milked then GTA5, thats for sure and it ll sell even more Playstation in Europe

Last edited:

Gusy

I have no doubt that GTA VI is going to one of the best looking games ever made at the time of release. However, thinking about the target hardware for GTA V says very little about what you should expect for this one. The GTA V you can play today on current gen consoles already put the hardware to the test.

You are getting a much more advanced game than the PS3 version that doesn’t render in native 4K in order to deliver 60fps. If you throw in ray traced reflections you end up playing a 1440p 30 game on PS5. So yeah GTA VI is going to blow GTA V out of the water visually.. but your going to have to sacrifice performance to get there

diffusionx

Gold Member
Anybody else remember installing disc one with disc 2 installed to usb thumb drive on the X360 for the best performance?

Good times.
i bought a "recommended" thumb drive for that game. still have it around here somewhere

I have no doubt that GTA VI is going to one of the best looking games ever made at the time of release. However, thinking about the target hardware for GTA V says very little about what you should expect for this one. The GTA V you can play today on current gen consoles already put the hardware to the test.

You are getting a much more advanced game than the PS3 version that doesn’t render in native 4K in order to deliver 60fps. If you throw in ray traced reflections you end up playing a 1440p 30 game on PS5. So yeah GTA VI is going to blow GTA V out of the water visually.. but your going to have to sacrifice performance to get there
There is a large difference between bolting features onto an existing game and having everything from the beginning built for and designed around a spec hardware.

Last edited:

Gusy

There is a large difference between bolting features onto an existing game and having everything from the beginning built for and designed around a spec hardware.

So...it's a console release like all others. Sacrifices will always be there.

" Bolting features onto an existing game".. that sounds pretty reductive and misleading. Do yo have proof that's the case? How do you know that the PS5 version of GTA V is not running on the same version of Rage that RDR 2 is...or even a newer version. I do agree however that GTA 6 will leverage current gen hardware much better that any previous release form Rockstar.

The point I was trying to make is that the fact that GTA V released first on PS360 does not say anything about how advanced or better looking GTA VI is going to be. The version of GTA V that ran on PS3 might as well be a different game that the version of GTA V that runs on PS5. A more apt comparison would be seeing what a PS4 pro or Xbox One X can do with Red Dead 2 and extrapolating that to better hardware.

Last edited:
Top Bottom