• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Director (Independently) Working on Game about 1979 Iranian Revolution

GhaleonQ

duckroll said:
Seems to me like there's no game, and he's just doing another round of press interviews to whoever is willing to listen, to try and gain attention and hopefully get funding/publishing/development.

Who's the developer?

Who's the publisher?

What are the platforms?

Clearly when the news hits CNN instead of Game Informer, you know that something is fishy.

Yeah. See, I didn't think that his previous work or gaming experience proved that he could do something like this well. However, he was 1 of the few people in this industry I've noticed who could actually articulate reasonably complex ideas coherently. He did that here. I felt positive about the project.

This new stuff troubles me for 2 reasons. 1, doing developer/publisher stuff this way makes me think he needs a huge budget to realise his vision. Boo. 2, those gameplay descriptions make it sound like he grafted a prestige narrative to every other action-adventure game made today (just segmented up to justify your player-characters). Come on, Khonsari.

Edit: That's not to say that I just want everything to be my favorite genres. I don't think his choices lend themselves to this situation the way they would to, say, Colombia's rise to international respectability. I love fighting games and the Byzantine Empire, but I wouldn't tell the story of Orthodox Christianity through traditional 2-d S.N.K. gameplay.

Zapages

One thing I like to say is there wasn't a Taliban back in 1979 from what I know.

But well its a work of fiction based on real events so liberties will be taken. Regardless, the game sounds really good. :)

lupinko

I think this thread title should be updated to "ex-GTA guy trying to sell concept of 1979 Iran Revolution game".

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Interesting idea, but "play as an Arab and choose to fight on behalf of Saddam Hussein or the Taliban" is never going to get past concept approval at any major publisher, people would rake them over the coals for being attached to that.

Dakota47 said:
Wow, this looks really interesting, thanks.

-KRS-

Wow sounds cool. Tehran isn't exactly the most common location for a video game to take place. Will be interesting to see what they'll do with it.

Great... He stole my idea, except my idea was based on a fictional revolution which is a combination of Iranian and Egyptian revolution, where the lead character is a photographer who accidentally snaps a pic too many.

Sounds close... not lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
duckroll said:
Aren't they going to be stuck making Mad Max for the next 10 years?
Mad Max is being made by Avalanche.

They could be assisting though, but I think most of them are being used to get Happy Feet 2 (the movie) out on time.

Clott

Sounds amazing, just started dating a half Iranian girl, so maybe I keep this one till the game comes out?

Top Bottom