• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Wolfe

in other news, Rockstar confirmed SP is never getting DLC and that GTAO will probably get an update lull around the time RDR2 comes out (as to not distract from one another)

Yeah I was a bit disappointed to read the "we were never going to make SP DLC" bits when in the past they explicitly said they were going to do SP DLC, should have just said that plans changed or something.

But whatever, not a big deal either way. I picked up the Molotok when it went on sale, very fun jet and I love the way it looks, also really looking forward to the Nakota (or whatever it's called) and even though I have no idea when I'll buy it I am looking forward to buying my own personal Lazer.

Yeah at this point, they might as well just work on GTA6. Would be pretty interesting if whatever the DLC may have originally been conceptualizing or even working on, instead ended up getting turned into an arc in the next game. Always sorted of hoped they for once had returning characters (albeit as supporting cast, preferably), and just set the game in San Fierro or Las Venturas, but leave Los Santos on the map -- let us use all 3 for GTAO 2.0.

Either way, we'll see and worry about it ten years when it releases hhhhh (but maybe no DLC means it's 10 instead of 11). For now, I'm enjoying Stockpile yet quite a bit haha. Transform races were OK but surprisingly slow... Not nearly as hectic as I expected. But still, variety... With weekend events, the game continues find a surprising number of ways to offer fun sort of arcade modes with different genres: the races, the PUBG meets Twisted Metal, the aircraft CTF.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Transform races were OK but surprisingly slow... Not nearly as hectic as I expected.

The problem with transform races (IMO) is that they don't really require a lot of skill in racing or with the vehicles themselves. You don't have to be too careful about following a good line, so if you get rammed or whatever, it's hard to get back into the race because it's harder for the people in front of you to make a mistake. People complained about all the straightaways in a lot of the stunt races, but I feel like the transform races are twice as bad. I appreciate the novelty, but I doubt I will play them much, if at all, once they stop paying double.

Yeah for sure, I noticed exactly that same thing about straightaways and easy lines to follow. A lot of the tracks seemed to have a lot of pretty simple sections, and large parts of where you'd switch to a heli or plane and just fly in a straight line or around some bends. The first 30 seconds of cars would be chaos as people wipe each other out and the pack spreads out, and then a lot of position holding for much of the rest of the race. Maybe they felt they had to try simplifying the tracks because of the transformation -- as if the 'disorientation' of transforming needed to be offset by easier tracks -- but I think it went much too far and I had the same impression about all the straightaways and easy lines to follow.

I was hoping it'd be, if anything, extra disorientating, in the same way the trailer made it look. One second speeding down a mountain on a bike/one second a jet/one second skydiving, balls to the wall disorientating speed.

tr00per

So I've been out the game a while. Sucks that I can't transfer my character anymore :/ lots of new activities though. I just wanted to ask some experts

What is the best way to get quick cash for a low level character? And if I buy a clubhouse, can I launch heists from there? Or do I still need a high end apartment?

Clubhouses are just for Biker content. Biker businesses are slower to make money from, too. In a lot of cases, if you Buy Supplies, you actually lose money on a lot of the businesses, especially without all the upgrades or selling local.

Cocaine and fake cash, selling far, are two of the better secondary ways to make money if you have friends to help (or get into a solo lobby/get lucky to get left alone). Buy supplies if you sell a full load, you make pretty big profit for almost no work. But there's a lot of waiting in between. If you're doing single deliveries, Export cars or crates are better, and also give far far more RP, too. If you're doing full loads, the return on time and money is great, but again it's not really a primarily 'work' to do solo.... you'll buy supplies and wait around for 2-3 hours, and then spend 10-30 minutes trying to delivery either 3 vehicles (or 1 vehicle if your lucky). You can constantly do single (1 vehicle) deliveries too (every 45m or so) but then the profits are worse than the CEO stuff.

I like the Biker content, and I think I'm up to 130 deliveries or so, but I mostly do it for the style/roleplay/etc... I'm pretty damn poor from it lol.

If you just want make money, Heists are probably best if you got a pre-made set of friends, so buy that high-end apartment to do Heists with them.

But if you're solo probably invest in the CEO stuff first, and do Exports I guess, and either Crates or VIP work (Sightseer first and then Headhunter if you need another). So, CEO office (Arcadius probably best cuz it's central and get a warehouse nearby so it's fast to to fly back to), and then a vehicle warehouse that has a big space to land with the helicopter). Then Buzzard and Cargobob, I guess. After that... maybe Bunker for upgrades? Or get your Heist stuff so you have that as an option.

Droxcy

Casually hop on PC anytime they release a new car or new content. Luckily had a guy hook me up with tons of cash, and haven't gotten it taken away nor banned. Haven't played the new heist yet looks super fun. I just really can't stand waiting in lobbies and all that jazz just to play with people that are just being dumb.

Currently doing I/E with MBW+La Mesa vehicle warehouse.
But I'm contemplating to move to Arcadius+Davis, Arcadius+Murrieta Heights or Lombank+La Puerta.
Only doing CEO stuff in solo public sessions so campers are irrelevant for me and I'm (almost) always using the Cargobob. Davis entrance seems best suited for Cargobob. Which one of the three options would anyone of you suggest for Cargobob I/E? Or should I just stay at La Mesa - don't have problems with the Bob there but I always have to turn it around which I probably wouldn't have to at Davis I think. And Murrieta Heights is significantly farther to the north which would speed up thinks, too.

Top Bottom