• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

SiteSeer

Thankfully there's only a $1000 insurance fee for PV aircraft; I say thankfully not because I'm worried about blowing up other people's, but because I know how often I destroy my own lol.

god the amount of money i've paid out to insurance for wrecking my own oppressor. lol. also the falling deaths. hahaha

SiteSeer

wow, smuggling payouts are pathetic. i just spend 2.5 hours to make 111k and i couldn't make a complete sale since the timers on these missions are so short. only had 11/50 stock and went for a sell to gauge out the difficulty and ron ends up giving 20mins to deliver 12 packed with 6 havok helis all over los santos from zanudo. lol guess i'll get a couple planes and peace out of this dlc.

Yeah, the payout is pathetic and good luck trying to sell anything over 10 stock. I got the same Hunter mission that I got before, but now with 2 helis. They force you to change helicopter with every single drop, you can't drop 5 then drop the other 5, you need to drop 1 from each Hunter in sequence, which means going all over the map twice to get the other Hunter back where you left it.

It's pure garbage, the cargo could sell for 2x the price and it would still be garbage.
I'm assuming it's like crates in that you need to sell in bulk to make bank. But yeah, payouts seem lousy from what I've seen so far.

I went with the Western-most Fort Zancudo hangar. It's nice to be living in (and have full access to) an area that was previously completely off limits in GTA, and it has nice ocean views at that end :)

I bought the Ultralight and Rogue so far. Ultralight feels like a very new style of vehicle, so I just bought it to mess around and have some fun with. It feels awesome to fly.

The Rogue is a jack of all trades. It has explosive MGs, homing rockets, bombs, and flares, plus it's a 2 seater, and it's fairly cheap too.

Next one I have my eyes on is probably the Tula.

I have yet to get any of the new stuff, as I blew my money on an Oppressor when I finally managed to unlock the missiles. However, the Oppressor makes traveling a breeze, so I'm fine with my decision.

Even in bulk, the reward vs number of people needed is far away from other methods.

I got the same bunker IIRC, the Zancudo closest to the sea. Much better entrance than the cheapest one or the most expensive, there's plenty of room to land.

As far as the vehicles, I got nothing so far, most of the things that I wanted are being drip fed. I'll probably get all the cars, the Bombushka, then maybe I'll think about other planes. I'm planning on changing everything that I have to the coast and that's going to cost a lot (bunker, office, vehicle warehouse), so the money for any vehicle is going there instead.

I liked that they let you try most of the planes / helicopters during supply / sale missions. Nothing so far made me go "wow", not even the Hunter. Hydra and Buzzard are still kings of PvE.
No flares for Buzzard or Hydra. I'm not sure if that'll make a difference, but the Rogue and Molotok both have them (as will the Pyro and Hunter).

I've held off on the Visione and Retinue. They're both cool cars, but they're not top of their class so I'll probably wait for them to go on sale before adding them to the collection. Plus I only have one space left in my racing livery office garage, and none left in my supercar office garage. The FXX-K style livery for the Visione is pretty damn sweet though.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Vagner the new King, 59.1s

XA21 has a 59.9 lap time. RE7B now second place, 59.7.

Problem is, Rockstar is changing downforce with every single update, so to me the XA21 or the Tempesta are still the safest buys because they don't depend on that to work.

Jesus, Rockstar. I have all the cars you mentioned except the RE-7B (which I got rid of when they nerfed it before), but it would still be nice if they would pick a set of variables and stick with them.

I went with the Western-most Fort Zancudo hangar. It's nice to be living in (and have full access to) an area that was previously completely off limits in GTA, and it has nice ocean views at that end :)

I bought the same hangar and have no regrets. I feel like it probably has the easiest path to entry from anywhere on the map of the three at FZ, and LSIA was a non-starter.

I haven't tried any sell missions yet, but the source missions are lot tougher than anything in the other business areas so far.

The ultralight is fun, but holy hell is it difficult to land without a runway. That thing bounces up like a superball if you try to bring it in too hot. I've unlocked trade pricing on two other planes, but I haven't bought them yet. I spent a fair amount of time last night moving my Pegasus aircraft into the hangar and painting them to match my fleet of land vehicles, which makes me unreasonably happy (all my cars getting painted matte black with matte red secondary and/or trim, depending on what looks best). Unfortunately, the Besra is always going to be green except for a paintable strip on the nose, but my Hydra looks pretty friggin' sweet in black.

edgefusion

I just looked at the total earnings of my CEO warehouse, $15,000,000. wtf did I spend all that money on.

Yeah, since I play solo I don't actually need flares, the Homing Launchers the NPCs usually use are easy to dodge. VTOL and the easy access of the Buzzard triumph anything to me.

The Visione will be a sale buy, not good enough, but I'll get it eventually since I collect supers. The Retinue I'll get sooner because I like rallying.

Don't need flares...? But how else do you ride around on a bike while RPing that you're in a Thirty Seconds to Mars music video?

edgefusion

What would you guys say is the best way to earn money currently, hadn't played in a while so I don't have a bunker or hangar yet(or money to buy them).

I'm by no means a vet, and currently only have the standard CEO office and crate warehouse so I could be totally wrong, but I believe the best way to make money is to spam crates and do vehicle import/exports when you've saved enough to buy a vehicle warehouse.

What would you guys say is the best way to earn money currently, hadn't played in a while so I don't have a bunker or hangar yet(or money to buy them).

I just do vehicle warehouse work while letting my bunker build up product to sell. The former is active work while the other is passive, so they can be done simultaneously.

edgefusion

Fuck, these cargo bob vehicle deliveries are horrific. The helicopters that relentlessly come after you are absolutely insane, did 11k damage to the car.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Fuck, these cargo bob vehicle deliveries are horrific. The helicopters that relentlessly come after you are absolutely insane, did 11k damage to the car.

When I'm using the CargoBob for I/E stuff, I typically show up in a car, dispatch any baddies, and then go get the CargoBob before I touch the car I'm stealing. When I get back, I fly straight up until no one on the ground can shoot me and head for my vehicle warehouse. Sometimes the Buzzards show up on the radar a little earlier than I would like, but I have never actually been engaged by one.

After I drop the car off at the warehouse, I land out front, go inside and sell a top range vehicle. Hook it up with the CargoBob, fly straight up for about a minute, and then head for the delivery point. I have basically never lost money on a sale since I started doing this.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man I'm so behind on this game.

I'm still wanting to do heists.

I guess none of y'all are interested. Lol

I just do vehicle warehouse work while letting my bunker build up product to sell. The former is active work while the other is passive, so they can be done simultaneously.
Yeah this. Just buy the supplies for the bunker and use that time for I/E cars.

The enemy choppers only spawn in when you reach a certain distance from the car pickup point. Secret is to use that distance by going straight up (not forwards or backwards), so that when the choppers spawn in you're at the highest possible altitude. Then just fang it for your warehouse. At top speed (full tilt forward) they'll struggle to catch the cargobob, so it's only when you have to gain altitude again that they'll catch you. You'll still take fire this way, but your cargobob should make it to the warehouse in one piece.

Man I'm so behind on this game.

I'm still wanting to do heists.

I guess none of y'all are interested. Lol
Heists are still the most fun thing in the game*.

*Not with randoms

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Heists are still the most fun thing in the game.

Not with randoms lol

I had to get Rashkovsky out of the prison with the equivalent of this kid screaming in my ear.
its-fun-to-do-fun-things.jpg

I picked up the Tula today, that thing is awesome! VTOL makes bombing deadly, the rocket takeoffs are hilarious, and the thing looks awesome with the right paint scheme and livery.

BiGBoSSMk23

As someone who has heisted with EPD a few times, I can assure you you are in good hands. Let me know if you guys need another body to help.

We still haven't started so feel free to add yourself.

So what's next after Heists in terms of money/progression?

I assume you have to invest a large chunk in the new bunkers and mobile command centers.

I'm not spending a dime on those in game credit cards.

SiteSeer

i used to kind of ignore all the players complaining about car and property prices or rockstar's ever increasing bid to get players to buy shark cards, but i think i've hit a tipping point. i'm starting to get it.

i want to give this dlc a chance, i want to enjoy the new missions and the planes and the variety. but there is now clear motivation on rockstar's part to push player's out of their comfort zone and into shark cards to have a chance to buy these new toys.

my cases in point: instead of selling 10+ stock and getting stuck selling 12 loads in 6 helis in 20 mins, i take it easy and sell 5. they load me up a single mogul, ok so far so good. strap in and i see the sell markers are all over san andreas with one on top of mt chilliad. fly to the nearest dot and i've already got police helis on me taking pot shots. usually i can ignore these guys on other sells missions like the bunker monster truck sell mission or the cargobob car theft mission. not so with this sell mission. first, the mogul struggles to get the top of mt chilliad since it is such a weak powered plane. second, as soon as i drop the load the engines start smoking and dying one after the other. before i can make it to my third dot i'm in the alamo sea. 2 out of 5 sold, 23k banked, 1.5 hours work.

i give it another shot, steal 4 stock. a hunter sell mission. 20 mins. 5 loads to sell but only one after the other and you can't see all 5 markers at once so i can't plan a quicker route. so first marker is all the way down in southern los santos from zancudo. get rocked by some homing missiles but i'm ok, deliver one. marker 2 is back all the way up past zancudo and in the paletto wood mill, again rocked by some missiles but deliver two. 3rd marker on the eastern coast, gotta fly around mt chilliad. guess the hunter isn't as tough as i thought and it bites the dust right after my third drop. 3 of 5 sold, 33k, 1.5 hours of work.

look on the sales computer and it says i've made under 200k, ball park i've put in 6 hours of work.

ok blame me for being reckless with my deliveries, but goddamnit rockstar, at least respect the time i'm putting into your game. that delicate balance of time vs reward is tipping depressingly in the wrong direction.

so is filing visual copyright claims against content creator maps a thing?

i was streaming random races last night and today i saw my stream got monetized by the creator of one of the maps i played o.0

quick review of the GTAO TOS seems like you waive your rights to content created for or within the game but don't really care much so I just edit out that race, but still, is this a common thing? like, if you create a pretty popular map that gets played a lot, you can copyright claims on every person who streams in?

i'm actually not against it per se... content creators being able to monetize their stuff ain't all that bad, i just had no idea it was a thing in GTAO :p writing in the TOS sounds like only R* owns it

i used to kind of ignore all the players complaining about car and property prices or rockstar's ever increasing bid to get players to buy shark cards, but i think i've hit a tipping point. i'm starting to get it.

[...and more]

I was done after the Gunrunning update. The random unlocks are complete and utter bullshit. Investing time and money in a public lobby with randoms that blow up anything they see just so I can unlock camo skins when I have a weaponized Tampa in the garage? Yeah, fuck off R*.

Last week's 2X$ for import/export was the first time I had actually "played the game" since Gunrunning. If I do log in, it's to do snaps or hang out with friends in private sessions; a great big graphical chat room.

/rant

BiGBoSSMk23

[/I]
I was done after the Gunrunning update. The random unlocks are complete and utter bullshit. Investing time and money in a public lobby with randoms that blow up anything they see just so I can unlock camo skins when I have a weaponized Tampa in the garage? Yeah, fuck off R*.

Last week's 2X$ for import/export was the first time I had actually "played the game" since Gunrunning. If I do log in, it's to do snaps or hang out with friends in private sessions; a great big graphical chat room.

/rant

Ahem... about them heists, my man? :D

So what's next after Heists in terms of money/progression?
I would aim to buy stuff in this order:
  • Heist apartment
  • Armoured Kuruma
  • CEO Office
  • Vehicle Warehouse
  • Buzzard
  • Bunker
  • Cargobob

To make money, I would do it in this order:
  • Heists
  • Loyalty and All-In-Order heist challenges
  • I/E vehicles
  • Bunker munitions

Throw in whatever is paying double money where possible.

ok blame me for being reckless with my deliveries, but goddamnit rockstar, at least respect the time i'm putting into your game. that delicate balance of time vs reward is tipping depressingly in the wrong direction.
The hangar stuff is useless apart from unlocking trade prices. Narcotics pays the most at $17k per crate if you sell all 50 at once, which still sucks arse.

so is filing visual copyright claims against content creator maps a thing?
That sounds like bullshit to me (in that I don't like it, rather than don't believe it). :(

[/I]
The bunker is probably my favourite income source because it's passive, you just need two other friends to help you sell. The MTU trick for solo lobbies is essential.

Ahem... about them heists, my man? :D
What time are you thinking? I'm on leave at the moment so might be able to help, depending on time and timezone. I've done Criminal Mastermind so know the heists well.

That sounds like bullshit to me (in that I don't like it, rather than don't believe it). :(
Yeah I dunno haha. I googled the claimant and it was some GTAO/react streamer. I was going to file a dispute but Youtube doesn't even review them -- the guy who files the claim does first. Felt sort of sketchy/abusive and could result in some idiot trolling my vids to make even more claims or something so I just said screw it, not worth it, I don't really care about monetizing anyhow (no one watches my streams, I just like archiving my gameplay haha) so I just deleted that race from the video instead to remove his monetization claim o.0

was just sort of weird tho, was like wtf who is SwidoK and htf can he make a visual copyright claim against a GTAO race lol

Wolfe

Yeah copyright claim in that scenario sounds like bullshit, dude didn't make anything in terms of game content, simply used the content available to create a specific use within said content, which R* is the owner/creator of. It's not like he made a mod or something with the game code, he used a tool R* provided him to move objects around within the game.

Now granted I know next to nothing of copyright law so I could be completely wrong, but I don't see how dude has any right here.

What a shitty thing to do lol.

Ok so I have 2 million now, if I buy a hangar would I be able to do missions and such without any of the previous big stuff
(CEO, Import/export, bunker, etc)

Ok so I have 2 million now, if I buy a hangar would I be able to do missions and such without any of the previous big stuff
(CEO, Import/export, bunker, etc)
I don't think you can buy a hangar unless you own a CEO office or a Motorcycle Clubhouse. That being said, as Maintenance explained it's a lousy money-making prospect anyway; you would only get a hangar for one of the following reasons:
  • You want to live in Fort Zancudo or LSIA
  • You want to customise your Pegasus air vehicles and be able to spawn them nearby
  • You want to buy the new Smuggler's Run air vehicles
  • You want to do the Hangar supply missions
For actually making money, Import/Export Vehicle Warehouses (active) and Bunkers (passive) are the best options.

I got on for the first time since I think May a few days ago and Rockstar "adjusted" my money down by 3.6M. 😩 Probably from I think late last year when a modder was dropping money on me.

I bought the little Alpha Z1 stunt plane, and I have to say it's a waste of money.

It's tiny and incredibly fast (maybe even faster than the Hydra?), and those two things mean you can spawn it as a personal vehicle and take off in very cramped spaces, which is cool.

The downsides are that it's incredibly twitchy (with respect to both pitch and roll), even with the default (slowest) handling, while still having incredibly slow yaw rate - I'd prefer the reverse in a stunt plane to be honest. And because it's not a Pegasus vehicle, it costs you $1000 every time you crash it, which sucks because a stunt plane is going to get crashed repeatedly.

As a stunt plane you're better off just using the Mallard or maybe Mamatus. The same will be true of the Howard I think (because of the stupid $1000 charge every time you crash/bail out).

SiteSeer

I bought the little Alpha Z1 stunt plane, and I have to say it's a waste of money.

It's tiny and incredibly fast (maybe even faster than the Hydra?), and those two things mean you can spawn it as a personal vehicle and take off in very cramped spaces, which is cool.

The downsides are that it's incredibly twitchy (with respect to both pitch and roll), even with the default (slowest) handling, while still having incredibly slow yaw rate - I'd prefer the reverse in a stunt plane to be honest. And because it's not a Pegasus vehicle, it costs you $1000 every time you crash it, which sucks because a stunt plane is going to get crashed repeatedly.

As a stunt plane you're better off just using the Mallard or maybe Mamatus. The same will be true of the Howard I think (because of the stupid $1000 charge every time you crash/bail out).

smuggler's run probably has the shortest honeymoon phase of any dlc so far. i'm looking at these planes and i can't see myself buying more than 1 or 2 of them. prices are high, payout is low, and missions are tougher than usual. mounted guns are useless, bombs are meh, plus some of these planes shouldn't even have weapons which break up their individual aesthetics. i'm glad we got to try before we buy. the only standout feature of this dlc for me is the zancudo hangar, no police stars for hanging out at the military base (but you still get 4 stars for wandering into the air traffic control tower, which is a bummer). so much wasted potential, great ideas poor execution. :(

smuggler's run probably has the shortest honeymoon phase of any dlc so far. i'm looking at these planes and i can't see myself buying more than 1 or 2 of them. prices are high, payout is low, and missions are tougher than usual. mounted guns are useless, bombs are meh, plus some of these planes shouldn't even have weapons which break up their individual aesthetics. i'm glad we got to try before we buy. the only standout feature of this dlc for me is the zancudo hangar, no police stars for hanging out at the military base (but you still get 4 stars for wandering into the air traffic control tower, which is a bummer). so much wasted potential, great ideas poor execution. :(
I love the Ultralight and Tula, those are some of the funnest vehicles in the game for me. I also got the Rogue, and that's good but more utilitarian. The only other one I bought was the Alpha-Z1 which I don't like, although I've heard that changing the handling upgrade affects yaw more than anything else, so that might address one of my biggest issues with it.

I still think the $1000 insurance fee is bullshit, especially given you still have to pay it when other pricks blow up your vehicle, not them! It should be along the same lines as the Pegasus call in price, not 5x as much. Alternatively they should make them like the MOC and AA Trailer, where destroying them just sends them back to the hangar, no fees incurred.

In terms of the update itself, I do love the western FZ hangar as well. The hangar supply missions are a mixed bag; some are fantastic, some can be dull. I do really enjoy the dogfighting missions in the Molotok (Mig 17) and Nakoto (P-51 Mustang), and some of the other missions can be good depending on the vehicle. It's just nice to have some proper aerial stuff to do.

The two new cars look awesome. I love the Retinue (Escort), and I'm saving up for the Visione (Xezri concept).

The payouts suck arse. That and the insurance fees are my biggest complaints. Also the stupid dripfeed, although we all knew that was coming...

So are the Fort Zancudo hangars the most popular or is there some disadvantage to the LSIA hangars? I was thinking of getting LSIA Hangar 1 since it's pretty close to my properties.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I've bought the Ultralight, the Alpha Z1, the Molotok, and the Starling. The Molotok is my new favorite plane in the game, but that might change when some of the drip vehicles hit. I learned kind of by accident yesterday that, if permitted in the settings, you can use custom aircraft in airplane races now. I raced a few guys yesterday who all had Lazers (non-custom at this point, obviously) and I destroyed them in my Molotok. Totally left them in my dust. I also love the airbrakes on that thing.

So are the Fort Zancudo hangars the most popular or is there some disadvantage to the LSIA hangars? I was thinking of getting LSIA Hangar 1 since it's pretty close to my properties.

The main draw of Fort Zancudo hangars is that you won't get a wanted level for entering the base once you own one. I also like that they're more centrally located than LSIA.

You know that Shadow of War donation thread kinda had me thinking when I was playing GTA earlier(and with all the news lately).
What if Rockstar sold emergency/rescue vehicles(air ambulance, ambulance, firetruck, lifeguard vehicles, coast guard variants) for actual money with a portion going to a cause or charity.

Its a dumb thought but one I had regardless.

smuggler's run probably has the shortest honeymoon phase of any dlc so far.
I'm not sure if I'm R* target audience per se because I don't play much...

But for me, I really wish they'd do some smaller scale stuff... Feels like it's always these epic billionaire properties. Giant hangars with fleets of planes; government sponsored paramilitary trafficking operations; yachts and offices and luxury properties...

And I'm just sitting in my biker club thinking, can't we have some low key stuff that thematically fits someone who isn't Pablo Escobar? =p

edgefusion

I'm not sure if I'm R* target audience per se because I don't play much...

But for me, I really wish they'd do some smaller scale stuff... Feels like it's always these epic billionaire properties. Giant hangars with fleets of planes; government sponsored paramilitary trafficking operations; yachts and offices and luxury properties...

And I'm just sitting in my biker club thinking, can't we have some low key stuff that thematically fits someone who isn't Pablo Escobar? =p

They only care about shark cards and people buying shark cards. If they made low key stuff it would be billion-dollar low key stuff.

Cargo missions are nearly impossible any time other than mornings in the US.
Im getting blown up almost immediately leaving my hangar and it never lets up.

I've bought the Ultralight, the Alpha Z1, the Molotok, and the Starling. The Molotok is my new favorite plane in the game, but that might change when some of the drip vehicles hit.
I've picked up the Ultralight, Rogue, Alpha-Z1, Tula, Retinue, and Havok.

The race handling upgrade (along with coloured smoke) has indeed softened my position on the Alpha-Z1 :)

The Havok is the other one I haven't commented on, I just picked it up despite some bad feedback online because it's quick, it's very agile, it's very small, and it's a CEO vehicle so you can spawn it next to you for free. The weapon is useless (like a Blazer Aqua), but landing isn't the hell it was made out to be, provided the landing area is flat. It's certainly better than the Volatus in that respect.

On the planes front, I'll probably pick up the Bombushka tonight if it gets released as expected, depending on what the feedback is. I haven't picked up a Molotok because I'm curious to see how it compares to the Pyro, given that they fill the exact same role. The Starlight is cool but a bit too niche for my liking at the moment, I'll wait for a sale on that one further down the track. I'm currently saving up for the Visione, that thing looks amazing in the FXX-K livery.

Cargo missions are nearly impossible any time other than mornings in the US.
Im getting blown up almost immediately leaving my hangar and it never lets up.
Depending on your platform, the MTU trick can solve that problem for you.

Top Bottom