• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Next Gen Looks amazing (GIFS) + Partial Soundtrack Details

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Oh so the traffic density really didn't change.

It seems to have. It's not 30 cars everywhere but it usually seems 1.5 to 2 times more than the PS3.

There was a really good video up a little while ago of some PS4 gameplay clearly demonstrating it. It got taken down though, but I am always one step ahead and had saved a local copy. There'll be gfy's that will show in this thread as soon as TheAbsolution quotes my old one, but I'll post links to them in a comment here as well.

Robot Pants

There was a really good video up a little while ago of some PS4 gameplay clearly demonstrating it. It got taken down though, but I am always one step ahead and had saved a local copy. There'll be gfy's that will show in this thread as soon as TheAbsolution quotes my old one, but I'll post links to them in a comment here as well.
Oh ok cool. Just didn't look like it in the gifs in the OP. Glad I'm wrong :)

dreamlock

i cant decide if im gonna upload my save and just be off, or if i wanna re-exsperience GTA5's exellent story mode.

iirc, you cant transfer singleplayer progress - can someone confirm? I think it's only your GTA Online character(s).

Awesome soundtrack! I was planning on picking this up next month, but I may have to get it this week. :)

Send Me An Angel (1983). Yes!!

soundtrack additions are sick. san andreas and vice city have a better vibe but five could end up being my favourite due to the sheer amount of great songs

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'll take that and raise a next-gen Bully

LLGWNF9.gif

I honestly wasn't going to buy this game again because I couldn't see myself wanting to play through it again, I felt the same way for TLOU but after seeing a stream today of how FPS looks like I preordered it on amazon immediately, it just feels so different.

RdN

Is it just me or is new soundtrack fifteen times better?

Really looks that way.

I, like many others, was disappointed with the GTA V soundtrack (even though it was better than GTA IV), and Rockstar seems to have picked on that. Still far from what Vice City and San Andreas delivered, but those two are going to be almost impossible to beat.

shwimpy

So GTAV streams currently have the top 4 slots on Live from Playstation with 6550 viewers.

This game is gonna do huge... again.

imjust1n

Banned
im so glad I bought on day one for ps3 (getting them rewards) traded in didnt even finish the game (like 10% done) got like 40 now getting it on ps4 (for $48) and now gonna play through the whole game on first person. Thanks Rockstar : )

ufo8mycat

It's more consistent in its presentation at least. Watch_Dogs can look downright amazing at night and then completely ruin it during the day.

Though don't forget at certain times of the day, Watch Dogs can look scary photo-realistic, but yeah it is a bit inconsistent.

im so glad I bought on day one for ps3 (getting them rewards) traded in didnt even finish the game (like 10% done) got like 40 now getting it on ps4 (for $48) and now gonna play through the whole game on first person. Thanks Rockstar : )

I was about the same. I'm happy to get the extra content for returning players. I checked my PS3 Mission list on Social Club and I got through the yoga one and stopped so I never even did the second heist. I only made 1 character online and never even used them (that's when they were having issues) so I'm going into this somewhat new.

Mad1723

Though don't forget at certain times of the day, Watch Dogs can look scary photo-realistic, but yeah it is a bit inconsistent.

That's the big problem with Watch_dogs, most of the game waddles from amazing to meh.

Anyway, that soundtrack is just so goooood.

Can't wait, my preload is ready.

I'll go back to Unity in the meantime I guess! :D

DOWN

Banned
Kinda wish they had called this Remastered. I feel like people should know they really went back into it for this release and it's not a straight port.

Micheal Jackson - Dangerous on NSP
Streetz Tonight by Araabmuzik
Parliament - Flashlight
Young Scooter feat Trinidad James - I can't wait
Humble Pie - Thirty Days In The Hole

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Kinda wish they had called this Remastered. I feel like people should know they really went back into it for this release and it's not a straight port.

It's GTA, people will buy it regardless of whether it is remastered or upscaled port.

Anything looks amazing at the resolution those gifs are in. The game (especially the lighting) looks great but holy shit those gifs are tiny. Or am I missing something?

shandy706

Can I get a refresher on what I have to do on last gen GTA V to unlock the "returning player" stuff?

Got the 360 version and want to do it tomorrow so I'll have everything.

Doolz

Banned
Can I get a refresher on what I have to do on last gen GTA V to unlock the "returning player" stuff?

Got the 360 version and want to do it tomorrow so I'll have everything.
Pretty sure it just has to be tied to your social club account. Linking your gamertag to your social club account then starting up the game should suffice.

dreamlock

Anything looks amazing at the resolution those gifs are in. The game (especially the lighting) looks great but holy shit those gifs are tiny. Or am I missing something?

The reason is the source streams...unfortunately most of them were worse than bad and I was forced to resize to have any quality at all. One streamer did have a capture card so his footage I could've made into some good stuff, but decided not to as the rest had been resized already.

Screenshot of capture card stream.

Screenshot of one of the images in the OT as an example in its original resolution:
OS0RKxs.jpg

Screenshot of the stream where I took the SP First-person switching & ADS footage
i7LhKWZ.jpg

In both the character is standing still so there is no movement leading to the distortion, so the hosts didn't really have good setups and/or connection.

A miracle I could do anything with it really. I jumped from stream to stream as people kept getting banned, so only got a few min of footage each usually and then went through editing hell several times over.

It'll be different next time I do something like this, that's for sure.

shandy706

Pretty sure it just has to be tied to your social club account. Linking your gamertag to your social club account then starting up the game should suffice.

I thought I saw that you have to complete a mission or log into online?

Edit** To clarify, I've yet to play the game at all.

Top Bottom