• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V patch 1.10 out (PS4) improves/fixes POM

GavinUK86

Did they introduce some CA lately ?
IQ looks a tiny bit softer than it used to, but i might be seeing things

Also, let me enable motion blur (like the one happening when you switch to Trevor with a hangover) and then we're all set :p

IQ seems softer in first person than third. Not because of the patch, it's always been that way.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I always thought it was a bug just because auto save was broken for me after the last few updates. The cars becoming indestructible shoulda told anybody it was a bug.

Nice to see them so fast with the fixes tho.

^that's not a bug and changing that would not be restoration because it never worked like that on new gen

that was an intentional change from last gen to new gen when they added FPS driving because Rockstar didn't want door and roof clipping or to have to create deform-able car interiors

I don't suppose this patch makes the Hydra available in singleplayer? At this point I think the only way I'm going to be able to fly that thing is if I triple dip on the PC version and mod it in :p

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
good, i suppose. personally i didn't notice anything missing and don't see anything "new" now. maybe i just don't look at these things. what i did notice was improved framerate.

would've thought they'd have fixed the ridiculous pop in/shadow rendering issues before something small like this. maybe on PC it will run properly.

thelastword

Banned
was that 3 patches in the span of a week? I thought these had to go through some cert process?
Yet, Ninja Theory said they'd be looking into the AF issue (DmC-DE) for weeks now, even though Sony made it even easier to implement recently. Rockstar just did two patches within two days and fixed much more.

Thank goodness for DF
That wasn't DF, the problem was highlighted by a youtuber and had already made several rounds over the internet, the uproar was what caused DF to check it out, same situation with grass-gate when GTA5 first dropped on consoles.

Xbudz

No, they fixed POM.

Yes, well the patch is out on Xbox One as well and the tracks still look flat.
If somebody would be so kind as to take a screenshot of some train tracks on PS4's GTAV v1.10, show the map location and I will do the same on Xbox One for comparisons sake.

Doesn't look like the car damage is up to par with what's seen in v1.08. Am I missing something?
You mean 1.09 or pre-1.07? 1.07-1.08 was when it was bugged.

It seems mostly the same to me... still quite a lot with a lot of damage. Small car crashes, not so much.

These are all from this morning on 1.10

train hitting a Grotti (Ferrari)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JqoTveGtZs

tank driving over and shooting cop cars... near the end there's a bunch of cars that get pretty fucked up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsjnWvKc4qs

damage from a dump truck at higher speed is still decent... longer less interesting video but a few collisions if you're curious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u4Dkqtjwug

general car damage hitting other cars at city speeds, pedestrians, etc -- least interesting of the videos but its more damage if you're curious how 1.10 is performing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbbQYCGkDE

seems about the same to me... that train crash and tank squishing cop cars was pretty good but doesn't seem much different

TheMAK

Banned
If somebody would be so kind as to take a screenshot of some train tracks on PS4's GTAV v1.10, show the map location and I will do the same on Xbox One for comparisons sake.

Are you sure that the patch is out on Xbox ONE. Still ain't got it on mine...

hesido

It's impressive how fast they've patched some of these issues.

My post was drowned in other info but this is very significant. The patch certification was blitzingly fast and this is a very good thing.

This is very curious. Maybe the Xbox performance fix included removal of POM and that got leaked to the PS4 patch as well.

Ding-Ding

My post was drowned in other info but this is very significant. The patch certification was blitzingly fast and this is a very good thing.

This is very curious. Maybe the Xbox performance fix included removal of POM and that got leaked to the PS4 patch as well.

I thought that the patch that removed POM, didn't introduce any notable performance gains on the xbone?

It's still so bizarre to me that graphical "switches" like these are turned off and go completely unnoticed by the developer to the point that a patch is published with them still disabled. Isn't there anyone keeping track of that? Clearly there's something being overlooked, since this seems like a commonplace occurrence (godrays in Far Cry, the foliage not swaying in the original GTAV release on current gen consoles). I know a studio setting is moving at a breakneck pace to get things out the door in a timely manner, but these obvious, glaring omissions are alarming.

TheMAK

Banned
Still no patch on my XBOX ONE...
As a matter of fact I can't find any trace of a 1.10 patch being pushed out to the Xbox One version. Searched RS' support forums etch..

Javin98

Banned
This is unlikely. The XB1 version didn't get any performace boost and has struggled in gun fights and explosions since launch while the PS4 version runs better now while still maintaining POM. The effects being accidentally removed has more to do with Online if anything.

TheMAK

Banned
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204646988--4-2-15-GTAV-Title-Update-1-10-PS4-Xbox-One-

It says here that the patch came to Xbox One as well.
I recently downloaded a huge 4.something gig patch one X1.

So anyway, can somebody go take a picture of some traintracks on PS4 and the map location?

You are the only XBOX owner who I see reporting that the patch has been deployed... are you that this wasn't 1.09 that you didn't grab when it was pushed more than a week ago?

Xbudz

You are the only XBOX owner who I see reporting that the patch has been deployed... are you that this wasn't 1.09 that you didn't grab when it was pushed more than a week ago?

Im just pointing out that rockstar said it was part of GTAV Title Update 1.10 for both consoles.

TheMAK

Banned
Im just pointing out that rockstar said it was part of GTAV Title Update 1.10 for both consoles.
Well, AFAIK Rockstar has yet to release patch 1.10 to the Xbox ONE.. (they have also ignored several questions about it on their forums...)

SJRB

Gold Member
Played it a bit yesterday after a while, game is very smooth indeed. But what the hell is going on with the car damage models?

There is something weird going on, the cars hardly deform anymore. I never liked the damage models from the start [pretty big step down in comparison to GTA4], but now it seems even worse.

I watched an NPC having a pathfinding issue where it couldn't quite make a turn so it kept running into a wall, reversing, running into the wall. Nothing happened to the exterior of the car. At some point the hood fell off, some other stuff fell off, but no deformation. Finally the engine caught fire so I thought to at least get a nice explosion. NOPE - fire died out and nothing happened.
I did some high-speed crashes to test it out, hardly any visual damage.

I don't know, it looked so weird to me.

Mastperf

So at this point would you say the PS4 port is clearly the superior version?

Yes, the PS4 is the better version top to bottom now.

Played it a bit yesterday after a while, game is very smooth indeed. But what the hell is going on with the car damage models?

There is something weird going on, the cars hardly deform anymore. I never liked the damage models from the start [pretty big step down in comparison to GTA4], but now it seems even worse.

I watched an NPC having a pathfinding issue where it couldn't quite make a turn so it kept running into a wall, reversing, running into the wall. Nothing happened to the exterior of the car. At some point the hood fell off, some other stuff fell off, but no deformation. Finally the engine caught fire so I thought to at least get a nice explosion. NOPE - fire died out and nothing happened.

They apparently tweaked the damage model. Cars still deform as much as they did before but it seems to take a higher impact. It might even be random now.

Car deformation was always shit in GTA5.

They apparently tweaked the damage model. Cars still deform as much as they did before but it seems to take a higher impact. It might even be random now.
I don't think it's changed... I really don't notice any difference, and I think I'd be in as good a position as anyone, short of a controlled test, to notice it. If there is a change, it's marginal enough that I can't notice it outside of controller tests. There's still high deformation, better than IV, from heavy damage (namely trains but also highway speeding industrial vehicles) and also still very low deformation rates from (relative to IV) general highway or city speed car crashes.

were you fully patched up?

Tank driving over a car in 1.10 (PS4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhfLpK6LBg

the speed at which cars deform is still slow but the amount, given either enough time, weight, or speed, is still as high as before

valkyre

So I bought the remastered version to replay the game on my PS4. Can anyone please tell me what size of patch download awaits me before I can enjoy the game?

So I bought the remastered version to replay the game on my PS4. Can anyone please tell me what size of patch download awaits me before I can enjoy the game?

The biggest one was 4.7GB for 1.08 I think. Let me know what you get, as I'm curious how this works with cumulative updates on PS4 titles. It seems you generally only always have one update file to download after install, no matter how many updates there have been. I just got a new harddrive and redownloaded everything so that seems clear - but I didn't really pay close attention to the sizes then. But 4.7 I think sounds about right also for what it downloaded after my reinstall (I basically have everything digital).

valkyre

the install will probably take longer than the patch downloads, honestly.

The biggest one was 4.7GB for 1.08 I think. Let me know what you get, as I'm curious how this works with cumulative updates on PS4 titles. It seems you generally only always have one update file to download after install, no matter how many updates there have been. I just got a new harddrive and redownloaded everything so that seems clear - but I didn't really pay close attention to the sizes then. But 4.7 I think sounds about right also for what it downloaded after my reinstall (I basically have everything digital).

Yikes! :S

Thanks guys, will check what size the file is and come back.

Top Bottom