• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV/Spike is airing an entire episode about Unreal Engine 4 on June 7th

Pie Lord

If this and the Square tech demo are what developers are shooting for, then I am terrified about what game budgets are going to look like.

As someone said before, I don't think that Epic was planning on other companies showing off their vision of next gen at E3. Square's tech demo definitely seemed more impressive overall. UE4 certainly looks amazing, but it doesn't have the pop that I think that they were expecting it to have after seeing some of the stuff at E3.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Looks pretty good to me. The effects going on in the background were really eye catching.

And if open world games can pull off the scope and draw distance the demo was showing at the very end I'll be more than happy.

And yeah, the FF demo still impressed me more overall. But this wasn't too shabby either.

Sean

Banned
The fly through of the snowy mountain looked really impressive, the other parts didn't do much for me personally.

I think it had more to do with the art style though.

I don't know if it was the art style or not, but it obviously looks like nothing we've ever seen before, but I'm just seriously meh over here. I need actual gameplay I believe.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Does Spike broadcast in HD?

SD channels on an HDTV are the ugliest, blurriest shit ever. Sinful.

Boss Man

"Thanks for watching UE4 on Spike...uh, guess we gotta cover all bases though. You want some Nintendo toys?"

jett

D-Member
They need to get better artists for these things. There's so much more shit going on in the Luminous tech demo, and it just flat out looks better.

Top Bottom