• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla: a TV series set amid the British Black Power movement of the 1970s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

The gang moves to a secret location in the countryside and starts training to be soldiers. But the strain of being on the run begins to take its toll on Jas and Marcus' relationship. At the country house, the gang meets Eliette, a French Canadian radical who inspires Jas. In London, Pence turns to Kenya for help, as the gang becomes more notorious and a rival force tries to steal the case.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought the third episode was pretty decent, but I can't help but feel like this series is moving too slowly - we're already halfway through and it seems like things are only just now getting started.

Busty

Banned
I haven't checked this out yet but I thought it was amusing that the second episode of this series pulled in just 23,000 viewers on Sky Atlantic in the UK!

And this is after Sky spent a fortune co-producing the mini with Showtime IIRC.

Oh, Sky.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Kent begins to enjoy his role and forms a surprising alliance; Cullen and Fallon bond over a shared history; Eliette and Jas speculate about the future; Dhari and Marcus put their personal issues aside and the infighting that threatened to destroy the gang falls away as they come together to embark on a brutal mission. In a desperate attempt to save his relationship with Jas, Marcus decides to do something they will never come back from.

Agreed. So much stuff was happening I thought I'd accidentally tuned in to the wrong show.

I hope the last two have as much plot momentum as episode 4 did.

Pachimari

I'm 20 minutes into Episode 3 but I have a real hard time getting into it. I'm not even sure what's going on. Might drop it honestly.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two episode finale is tonight!

Marcus and Jas' relationship is tested in the wake of a tragic loss. Meanwhile, the gang reach out to someone from the black community that they initially spurned. In London, Kent's actions have a disastrous effect on the radical community, at a time when the Black Power Desk's reign of terror hits new heights.

Season 1 ends with infighting and external forces threatening to split the gang and throw their final mission into jeopardy. Fallon colludes with the Black Power Desk, now being led by Cullen; and Dhari and Marcus fight for the position of alpha male. Meanwhile, Marcus receives news that threatens to destroy the final mission.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I feel like I missed an episode going from 4 to 5. How did the South African dude get fired? How did everyone (including his wife) find out about his relationship with his informant and the son they had together? I even replayed parts of episode 4 because I figured I missed something, but I couldn't find anything that explained it there either.

Anyway, episode 6 was much better. It ended in a totally unexpected way too - I thought they would all die in a blaze of glory but instead they got away with it!

I feel like they left the story open for a second season, but it's unlikely that we'll get one. And I'm fine with that - what we got works as a one-and-done, even though the pacing was almost unbearably slow and the characterization, along with the plotting, was hard to track at times.

All in all, the show was just alright. I feel like there's a really interesting and vital story to be told about this movement, but Guerrilla isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom