• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla: Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer runs at 60fps "a lot of the time"

hodgy100

I played this at Eurogamer and he's right, there are very few drops in the framerate, I was pretty impressed if im honest.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I played this at eurogamer and hes right, there are very few drops in the framerate, i was pretty impressed if im honest

Stuff like this is what I like to hear. Talking about resolution and framerate right now is kind of rough since so few people have played the games and are able to report if it's an issue or not.

thuway

Perhaps, I just hate getting labelled because I have a strong stance.

You can prefer the Xbox, but don't defend their actions. They have some strong first party titles that will be worth purchasing, but this hell hole they have dug themselves into smells of filth.

Thrakier

"So, having a constant 60 is not actually better than having a 'lot of the time' 60."

( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Yep.You can't just trust game devs these days. They seem somewhat...out of touch. Like themselves are the "casuals" they make their games for.

So it's a comprise, a design decision.

This sounds familiar...
Yes, it's a COMPROMISE. Better graphics in exchange for frame rate drops in extreme situations.

Just like Crytek compromised the resolution for more effects.

What was your point, other than to stir up some fanboy nonsense, console warz bullshit?

Edit: and that's what I get for waiting so long to hit post.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
the framerate is pretty decent. you can see where GG are in PR a jam because it certainly isn't locked at 60FPS and performs in some areas better than others, but i'd say it's a pretty decent impression of what most PC guys would consider "playing at 60FPS".

Coiote

I played this at Eurogamer and he's right, there are very few drops in the framerate, I was pretty impressed if im honest.

But but but some guys in neogaf told me that the game would run at 30 fps most of time with drops to 15 and 60 fps only when idle or looking to the sky. Outrageous. Stop lying to us, dude.

Joking aside, hope it's true.

But but but some guys in neogaf told me that the game would run at 30 fps most of time with drops to 15 and 60 fps only when idle or looking to the sky. Outrageous. Stop lying to us, dude.

Joking aside, hope it's true.

I got a chance to play it at PAX a few weeks ago and it never seemed to drop below 40 fps, and this was so rare and intermittant that I'm sure it will be fixed by release.

Serenity

the framerate is pretty decent. you can see where GG are in PR a jam because it certainly isn't locked at 60FPS and performs in some areas better than others, but i'd say it's a pretty decent impression of what most PC guys would consider "playing at 60FPS".

If its fine to you it's fine to me. And this based on actually playing it? Silly GG for being too honest.

Top Bottom