• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Well I was trying to put the game on my work laptop but couldn't because of the authenticator. At home its totally fine. Still no update from ANET though its been 5 hours. Its not a big deal to me because I can still play at home, I just wanted another option for downtime.

Usually they get back to you within 24h .

Mxrz

Can you guys suggest me a good PVE build for the thief? I know that D/D it's not the best

Who lied to you that d/d wasn't the best in pve?

This is my current thief setup for dungeons. Been using my thief more in pve since I made ascended stuff for her.

I deviate a bit due to personal preference and experience with pugs. Don't see the point in the last Deadly Arts traits. Rarely see revealed in PvE, and mobs don't run. I take critical haste since most groups won't have a mesmer. I like acrobatics over trickery since more dodges/might feels more useful then +5% damage when you aren't stacked in a corner. Since I'm full glass, having that extra dodge is entirely too useful to give up. Dagger/dagger cause nothing beats heart-seeker and backstab. I don't care for sword or shortbow in pve. If I need a range attack in a dungeon, its usually single target. Pistol 5's blindfield helps a bit in pugs that can't dodge/block. Only downside is the shorter range on stuff like SE3's dredge car when groups wont melee. I can't see the point of not using full signets in pve. If you need stun break or a stealth, just swap them in. Other wise, more power/precision 100% tops everything else.

When I solo CM3, mostly use the same build, and just retrait briefly for longer stealth during the running bits.

Retro

Fan-made trailer for Season 2, just in time for the second-half hype to come roaring in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KLiX6LPXWU&feature=youtu.be
1d58kOi.jpg

Morokh

Colin said:
As we've done in the past, there will be festival releases interweaved into this coming Living World season. Let's take a quick look at our festival calendar for the remainder of 2014.
This coming Tuesday, October 21, the Mad Realm returns with our annual Halloween release. On December 16, we'll release our usual holiday-themed festivities with Wintersday. Both of these releases will feature the same content as last year but with refreshed rewards, giving you fun new festival-themed items to earn.

Nice ! more new things for black Lion chests, that you will only be able to buy for a ridiculous price for gold on the TP, new exotics that no one cares about with rehashed skins, and if we're lucky a mini to craft !

I'm
NOT
excited !

Let's take a wild guess and assume they did not even bother bringing back the Halloween scavenger hunt of the first year through the new collection system (you know, making it simpler for them, and not having to monitor if everything works right at every update ...)

Part 2 better be godlike from the get-go cause this break has killed every interest I had in it.

leng jai

Pretty much expected with Halloween. The way they've handle new content lately is a joke, everyone I know is bored shitless with the game.

Not enough food in the world, mate.

Lotsa new releases, y'all should play something else for a while. No reason to expect the new ls2 chapters to above the mehness of the first 4 chaps.

Also were you peoples livestreaming those runs yesterday?

Not enough food in the world, mate.

Lotsa new releases, y'all should play something else for a while. No reason to expect the new ls2 chapters to above the mehness of the first 4 chaps.

Also were you peoples livestreaming those runs yesterday?

Thurb was kind of on and off live-streaming but he said no one was watching because it was Guild Wars 2. I think he turned if off after awhile so he can listen to his terrible music.

5il3nc3r

Don't worry i'm sure Anet is working on an expansion. I mean look at the the competition. WoW have Warlords of Draenor, SWTOR have the Shadow of Revan expansion and Rift has the free Nightmare Tide expansion nearly out. While FF14 a one year old game will have the 2.4 patch with 2 new classes and an expansion in spring next year.

Guild Wars 2 has the continuation of LS2.

Levyne

Banned
Don't worry i'm sure Anet is working on an expansion. I mean look at the the competition. WoW have Warlords of Draenor, SWTOR have the Shadow of Revan expansion and Rift has the free Nightmare Tide expansion nearly out. While FF14 a one year old game will have the 2.4 patch with 2 new classes and an expansion in spring next year.

Guild Wars 2 has the continuation of LS2.

FFXIV has HEAVEN SWARD

I just put that in caps since it seems fun to say

Edit: I misread, but I will keep this here because HEAVENSWARD

If they can limit these down times between LS releases, I would prefer they stick to the LS+Feature pack method.

If they are not able to deliver quality without taking big breaks then I would prefer they just use LS to lead us into big expansion like updates.

Hope we will know more about what they are planning to stick with by end of the year or early next year.

I hope Wintersday is only 2 weeks.

Last year Wintersday was too long. I had zero interest in it.

Spyware

This thread makes me sad.

Had to turn off map chat today since it made me sad too. Why do people still log in and play when the game is boring them to bits? They just ruin the mood for everyone else :(

Looking forward to Halloween tonight. I love the decorations and dialogue and stuff. It's gonna be nice to see it again.

5il3nc3r

Why do people still log in and play when the game is boring them to bits? They just ruin the mood for everyone else :(

It's simple. People really like the game and they want to continue playing the game. Naturally over time they want new things to do in said game. That is why i really disagree with idea that is ok for the game to be so content starved since i can stop anytime and play other games. Yes i can do that but what if i want to stay in the world because i enjoy the gameplay systems, the lore etc?

Besides that GW2 is an mmo, the more people playing the better. A sizable and stable population would mean lot more people running around doing dynamic events, it'll beeasier to find people to do dungeons with, more people turning up for Guild Mission and guildchat will be more vibrant. So telling people to move on is counter intuitive to this. GW2 is not Mario the game needs it's player-base to keep on playing. Anyway I'm sure Anet wants you to login as many time as possible so that you will buy stuff from the gem store.

Basically people complain because they like game and want to keep on playing.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Why do people still log in and play when the game is boring them to bits? They just ruin the mood for everyone else :(

Quaggans. We do it for the quaggans.

There has to be an expansion coming. I can't imagine the company that was pumping out content so much in the first year suddenly not knowing how to proceed.

I'm actually enjoying this break in guild chatter to continue leveling my alt and progressing through yet another PS storyline. I'm a bit peeved though that I won't be able to see the sixth and final option of the Greatest Fear arc, as I'm about to finish the episode right before it would've started.

Spyware

Leaving the game during content "starvation" (breaks where the team apparently needs time to make said content) is not leaving the game completely. You can even hop in and do a daily or a dungeon or just log in and look at the pretty world or characters when you feel like it. If you like the lore or gameplay but feel like it's not good enough because there is nothing new, then why wouldn't you take a break until the new stuff comes out? I don't get this. Either it's good enough to play and have fun in or it's not atm. It's not like ranting in map chat will make the content come faster...

The people sitting in map chat and ranting do nothing to keep others playing and having fun. I'm talking Queensdale here btw. There was a new player coming in asking for help since he was having trouble surviving on his mesmer. He also asked what classes people recommended. The thing spun out of control immediately with people just complaining about first the class balance and then the game as a whole. Saying that it's so boring nowadays and they don't see any reason to level characters and so on.

So telling a new player there is no reason to level a character and that the game is boring and shitty is supposed to help with player numbers?

I'm not talking about you people in this thread here (I have no idea if you actively play the game), but the people sitting in map chat at this moment and calling the game shitty. I don't think they like the game as much as you say they do.

Levyne

Banned
Lately I've just been doing teq plus daily some dry top plus maybe 1 dungeon. Haven't had a real long session in a while. Yesterday was the first I played past 10pm in a handful of weeks.

Yeah, a bit content starved but I've just been playing some new (Mordor) and old (FFT) games in the meantime. Doesn't really bother me at all.

The people sitting in map chat and ranting do nothing to keep others playing and having fun. I'm talking Queensdale here btw. There was a new player coming in asking for help since he was having trouble surviving on his mesmer. He also asked what classes people recommended. The thing spun out of control immediately with people just complaining about first the class balance and then the game as a whole. Saying that it's so boring nowadays and they don't see any reason to level characters and so on.

So telling a new player there is no reason to level a character and that the game is boring and shitty is supposed to help with player numbers?

I'm not talking about you people in this thread here (I have no idea if you actively play the game), but the people sitting in map chat at this moment and calling the game shitty. I don't think they like the game as much as you say they do.

Bitching in map chat is, like, one of the best features of any mmo. It's why I like leveling in queensdale or metatronic providence instead of whiteice nazilands or browncat barrensclone.

You do have to have the mindset for it, tho.

5il3nc3r

Leaving the game during content "starvation" (breaks where the team apparently needs time to make said content) is not leaving the game completely. You can even hop in and do a daily or a dungeon or just log in and look at the pretty world or characters when you feel like it. If you like the lore or gameplay but feel like it's not good enough because there is nothing new, then why wouldn't you take a break until the new stuff comes out? I don't get this. Either it's good enough to play and have fun in or it's not atm. It's not like ranting in map chat will make the content come faster...

I don't know exactly what was said in the map chat so you may be right, those people probably hate the game and are just trolling at this point. But the general vibe i get from the various GW2 communities like this thread, reddit and on my home server guild is that a majority of the complainers are just venting their frustration because they just want more content so that they can continue playing. And that frustration probably comes from envy.

My home server guild was in a frenzy when the FF14 HEAVENSWARD expansion was announced. You have an mmo that is just barely a year old that has had a steady stream of big patches and xpac coming early next year. While the game they're heavily invested in only have a continuation of an existing living story on the horizon. "Where is the content for the game that i like?" was the point repeated in the guildchat. Perhaps a few people in the map-chat are in this position.

I'm not worried about GW2's future though i'm pretty positive Anet is working on an expansion. They've been too quiet.

nataku

Content lulls wouldn't be so bad if they would inject some sandbox elements into the game. Give players the ability to create their own fun without relying on new dungeons, maps, raids, etc. Fun that doesn't have you running the same dungeons for the thousandth time, or the same guild missions.

Even when an expansion hits people will just burn through that and eventually be back to bitching. It's the inevitable cycle of themepark games. You simply can't keep up with the pace players consume content. That's why what EQNext is supposedly doing is so exciting to me.

Spyware

Yeah I get where the talk outside of the game comes from, or the normally okay tone when people say "I wish we'd get a new class/weapon/race/expansion soon, I'm bored" in map chat. I think this thread has been a bit harsh lately tho. It's one thing to say it like "I'm so dissapointed that I can't enjoy this game atm since I want new stuff and we're not getting any" and saying well... stuff that has been said in this thread with some quite unpleaseant tone.

Spyware

Heh, this is opposite of the threads reputation.

I don't really know if that's significant, but interesting to see. Some people would claim this thread is naught but anet worshipers.
I know, I've been following all the threads about the game for years. I've not missed a single little post I think :p
I guess it's not exactly bad atm, just not as happy and positive as it has been so it looks worse for me than it maybe is :p

I guess I just feel like I can't relate at all to these posts about Halloween being awful because there is no new content or the game being boring for the same reason. I always expected the holidays to be exactly the same content over and over since that was how the first game worked. I have lots of characters, lots of places I have not explored (like every dungeon in the game. I've done 2 story modes and one explorable path. Not even mentioning stuff like fractals or guild missions... I did my first missions two days ago!) and so on. I make my own fun every day, and seeing posts that say you can't do that makes me go all "whuuu?". :p

Thought Halloween event was next week, but now told it's today. (or is it ?)
Yup, today!

Clock Tower better work fine even tho I moved to NA! Gonna flip tables if the latency screws with me.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
This thread is actually filled with anet devs.

Remember when the guild would weekly meet up to do jumping puzzles, see specific sites, combat specific bosses, etc? And then guild missions became a thing. Coincidence? I think not.

Retro

Do we have an ETA on the halloween patch ?

So when you were using your time machine to find out that the patch is "new things for black Lion chests, that you will only be able to buy for a ridiculous price for gold on the TP", "new exotics that no one cares about with rehashed skins", and "a mini to craft," you totally forgot to write down when the patch went live?

Classic Morokh. Classic!

Probably be in another 40 minutes, they usually drop around Noon Pacific.

Morokh

Actually I'm just concerned it might mess up Tequatl since it's pretty much the only thing i'm doing when I play these days :p

Moondrop

Banned
This thread is hardly negative. I, and I suspect others, make a point not to post negativity in this thread. I've recently observed GAFers venting on the subreddit. People should feel free to vent their frustrations here, but it seems some of us do not.

Over the last few months I've become concerned for the fate of a game I love dearly. Ironically, I only become so concerned once took time off- not due to boredom, but burnout- to play Marvel Heroes. Watching as those devs constantly pump out (buggy) content, while simultaneously teasing and promoting their future plans... it makes it difficult to understand the lack on any kind of announced future plans from Anet for so long. It's not logical to assume that just because they're quiet, they're planning something big. And I'm not even someone who cares much about PvE and dungeons; I just want to believe there is a plan for the future of this game. Other than to recruit new players.

Levyne

Banned
Actually I'm just concerned it might mess up Tequatl since it's pretty much the only thing i'm doing when I play these days :p

iHazsoup: "Ugh, you wanna do Tequila again? It's getting boring, why would you want to kill the same boss everyday?"

As result, I have to do it at 7:30am when she's still sleeping. :-|

I'm trying to be more social at sbi teq to try to keep it fresh and fun but it's been still fairly...rote I guess.

This thread is hardly negative. I, and I suspect others, make a point not to post negativity in this thread. I've recently observed GAFers venting on the subreddit. People should feel free to vent their frustrations here, but it seems some of us do not.

Over the last few months I've become concerned for the fate of a game I love dearly. Ironically, I only become so concerned once took time off- not due to boredom, but burnout- to play Marvel Heroes. Watching as those devs constantly pump out (buggy) content, while simultaneously teasing and promoting their future plans... it makes it difficult to understand the lack on any kind of announced future plans from Anet for so long. It's not logical to assume that just because they're quiet, they're planning something big. And I'm not even someone who cares much about PvE and dungeons; I just want to believe there is a plan for the future of this game. Other than to recruit new players.

Sometimes it certainly feels like anet is a skeleton crew though I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom