• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars Halloween Update

I know not many play GW here, but I still play it every week with some friends. Arena Net updated the game a few days ago to celebrate Halloween, and it's a nice showcase of how versatile the GW engine can be.

Several of the zones have become over run with ghosts, spirits, and phantoms. There are halloween items everywhere, including jack-o-lanterns, giant candy corn, and a few other things. The skies over these zones are dark and forboding with the sun or moon looking ominous indeed. Ships in the harbor have sunk, strange crreatures walk the land, and giant mass graves have opened in the ground.

In addition, there are all kinds of new items to collect for the event as well. And, on top of it all, some special event is going to occur on Halloween night. A herald on an undead horse in Lion's Arch fore-tells the coming of "The Mad King", who will bring doom to all.

Very cool stuff. If you enjoy GW, it's worth logging in to see what's going down. I usually play on Friday Nights, but I'm going to log in the next few nights to see what happens as well.

YakiSOBA

Yeah, everything looks awesome =)

im Fabulous Monk... msg me sometime. I'm in MMPR, we havent been active at all lately though, our guild rank is 22 now :/

siege

Banned
droks_halloween.jpg

etiolate

Banned
YakiSOBA said:
Yeah, everything looks awesome =)

im Fabulous Monk... msg me sometime. I'm in MMPR, we havent been active at all lately though, our guild rank is 22 now :/

Ahh, that makes sense. We lost to you on your way up the ladder I believe. I played with Moses last night, said he just left the guild? I guess things fell apart a bit.

I got some pictures of Halloween:

candycornmen.jpg

droknars.jpg

lions1.jpg

lions2.jpg

tombs.jpg

The Mad King arrives today (Oct. 31st) at noon in all regions. Already arrived in Korea. My guess is it's noon Eastern Standard Time here in the States. Apparently he will be making visits every few hours for the rest of the day, allowing as many people as possible to get a chance to see him.

Top Bottom