• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guillermo Del Toro's "At the Mountains of Madness" CGI Concept Footage from ILM

Chiggs

I truly hope Del Toro is drumming up support for a 2nd pass at this. With Tom Cruise coming off the mega-success of Top Gun 2, and with Cameron getting into a rhythm with Avatar...maybe this can still happen?

Or will it go right to Netflix?

Last edited:
I remember reading that Del Toro said At The Mountains Of Madness was to similar to the movie Prometheus.

I remember reading that Del Toro said At The Mountains Of Madness was to similar to the movie Prometheus.

That scene he showed reminds me of a certain scene in Prometheus

For those that are interested, there is a cool podcast about the script they had and the planned effects on

The best movies never made

Worth a listen and it made me even more curious to see how this would have turned out 👍

(If they could have gotten by, or even really embraced ‘the thing’ vibes. It could have been something 😎)

QSD

I heard a persistent rumour that he was making this in collaboration with Robert Eggers

I started the rumour myself mind you, but if we keep repeating it we can make it real!

Doom85

I don't want The Thing rehash if it gets made.

Lovecraft wrote this story seven years prior to when the book “Who Goes There?” was written which both the original and later Carpenter’s remake (so technically the 80’s film is a “rehash”) was based on. So it can’t really be a rehash if it originally came first.

Also, no, the two stories have a ton of differences.

Chiggs

I heard a persistent rumour that he was making this in collaboration with Robert Eggers

I started the rumour myself mind you, but if we keep repeating it we can make it real!

I'd prefer he just make it with Kojima. I can't take any more Eggers.

Top Bottom