• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- announced (Unreal Engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seriously, can't stop replaying it. The look is gorgeous. Couldn't believe that it's 3D.

Though they seem to make daisuke's artstyle even more anime.

Toski

Why does the hitstun look stilted like previous games? Is that their signature now that they're going away from sprites? I'd prefer more of a Marvel flow, but I guess its still early in development.

vg260

So those are 3D models right? If so that's good news.

Now just build in all the hooks for updates via DLC, so those of us wanting to jump into this series don't get burned.

How the fuck are those graphics even possible?

Some people talk about 3D models that resemble 2D sprites but HOLY SHIT THAT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE 2D.
Makes you wonder what they have in store for their next gen IP with 10x the RAM, processing and graphical power.

IronLich

Definitely next-gen capable, but we won't see it on consoles for a LONG time.

Regardless, this is a pleasant surprise.

It's fucking ugly. Beefy Sol vs Ponytail Ky ? No 3D model deformation to match the Guilty Gear sprites ? COME ON Arc, you can't do better than that ?!

Naito

Can't believe we have a new installment of Guilty Gear..!
I still need to get used to the new art direction but I don't dislike it; perhaps they ditched the 2D anime look to distinguish it from BlazBlue.

Tizoc

YES YES YES YES YES YES!
OK just fix the hit transition and this'll look as the most beautifully animated fighter of all time but other than that-

GIVE POTEMKIN A GRAB SUPER, DAISUKE SAMA!
That song is awesome btw, and I lolled at Ky's pony tail XD.

Those are real nice 3D models. Is that cell shaded? Ky looks too pretty lol. What's up with the ponytail?
Definitely hyped for this. Millia looks so hot in her new outfit.

guiltygear_holyshit_zps4541e85c.gif

not a big guilty gear guy but that was very impressive

YES YES YES YES YES YES!
OK just fix the hit transition and this'll look as the most beautifully animated fighter of all time but other than that-

GIVE POTEMKIN A GRAB SUPER, DAISUKE SAMA!
That song is awesome btw, and I lolled at Ky's pony tail XD.
This is like telling Ono to troll.

cj_iwakura

As a BB fan who never liked GG much, this might win me back. I liked GG's aesthetics, but I could never play it well at all.

Westlo

It's fucking ugly. Beefy Sol vs Ponytail Ky ? No 3D model deformation to match the Guilty Gear sprites ? COME ON Arc, you can't do better than that ?!

Hey man chill, it's 3d models so they can be adjusted much easier, not like they have to turf 10 months of work if they wanted to change a lot of things!

I don't see us getting this game for a long time, fuck we still have to wait 5 months for the latest Blazblue game ffs lol.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Came in here to mock the amazing title but damn that looked pretty nice, never got into the GG games as in I feel like a whale in high heels trying to play those type of games but I really would like to try this. Hopefully it's next-gen even though if it's a non-issue if it ain't.

remz

Hey man chill, it's 3d models so they can be adjusted much easier, not like they have to turf 10 months of work if they wanted to change a lot of things!

I don't see us getting this game for a long time, fuck we still have to wait 5 months for the latest Blazblue game ffs lol.

SEGA are publishing so it might actually get localised in a decent timeframe.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
YO WHAT IF THIS MEANS BRIDGET IS OLDER NOW!

If he's still wearing that nun gear I have absolutely no objections.

But yeah, I was referring to how they managed to replicate guilty gear's signature low frame animation. It's impressive honestly. Even though they could have made it much smoother.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGs animation isn't that bad really, just needed more frames inbetween.

...but Pot's always ever had an anti-air grab super, I want him to join the ranks of my fav. grapplers and have a grab super already.

Its at least a few years after ac

Danielsan

Damn, shocked to see that this is running on UE3. Fantastic use of 3D models imitating sprites. They even retain the original animation frames.

KAL2006

Banned
Lol at people saying goes this looks great. Go back and take a look at the amazing 2D sprites and backgrounds of BlazBlue and tell me this looks better.

RIP 2D games oh how I will miss you

Tizoc

All in favour of shirtless Venom raise your hand~
Speaking of which, is this Zato-1 or just Eddie? I'd like to see Zato-1's personality again.

I want to say this is it.
Guerilla games only had access to 4GB of GDDR5 RAM when they showed the Killzone demo a few months ago. No way ASW had full access.
...but Pot's always ever had an anti-air grab super, I want him to join the ranks of my fav. grapplers and have a grab super already.

You don't need a grab super when you got Pot busters. :)

All I know is that Baiken should be a guarantee. Anji, Baiken and May are like the only Japanese people in Guilty Gear.

Volcynika

Lol at people saying goes this looks great. Go back and take a look at the amazing 2D sprites and backgrounds of BlazBlue and tell me this looks better.

Lol at people having different opinions, right? It's bananas!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The character art seems a bit off but maybe that's just cause they are 3D models. Anyway can't fucking wait!

...this wasn't the announcement I was expecting. Welp.

Does Arc know if they screw this up, then they're probably going to lose quite a lot of fans? Hell, the decision to go 3D models for this game will cause enough complaining.

remz

Huh? the potemkin buster 720 isn't a grab super now?

show me a camera pan like that in blazblue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom