• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gung-Ho (P&D) hits $1.5 billion revenue, $800 million operating profit in FY2014

Scum

What do you plan on spending your bonus on then, Nirolak? 😒
But seriously, that's a hell of a lot of money. 😮

It's crazy how much of their profit is literally from one game.

And I'm still surprised they haven't brought their other mobile game, Divine Gate, to the west yet! :E

Guevara

Whoa. Compare and contrast that with Nintendo, which hasn't made $800M in profit (combined) in the past 4 years.

Their FY 2011 they made $960.5M on $12.6B in sales, back in the tail-end of the Wii/DS years.

In case people don't know Gungho is the company with the highest operating margin in the entire Nikkei 400. Their margins are absolutely crazy.

When the P&D craze fades, they're fucked, right?
They've been making investments into other companies (like Grasshopper) and have other profitable smartphone games, so they have fallback options. And haven't really gone crazy expanding like Zynga did. But they certainly won't be going crazy dolla dolla bills yo like they are now.

Labadal

They've been making investments into other companies (like Grasshopper) and have other profitable smartphone games, so they have fallback options. And haven't really gone crazy expanding like Zynga did. But they certainly won't be going crazy dolla dolla bills yo like they are now.

Good for them. What made me react was the 91% of their revenue. That's crazy.

Oregano

I'm not sure Grasshopper is a sound investment to be honest.:p

part of me wonders if I should buy some Gungho stock on the Nikkei.

Avatar quote: Puzzle and dragons is very addicting.

Seriously, game is crack, and I can't shake it... Every time I am almost out they pull me back in. I don't even play that much any more and it STILL is like crack.

Top Bottom