• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunlord X (Eurostyle platformer, like Turrican) coming to Nintendo Switch May 2019

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Gunlord was originally an indie release for the Neo Geo and Dreamcast in 2012. If you want that artificially-flavored R E T R O A E S T H E T I C, you're covered.

NG.DEV is a respected indie-arcade dev with a decent catalogue of modern releases, such as Last Hope: Pink Bullets, Fast Strikers, and Neo Xyx.

Official website.

Features added to Gunlord X:
Enlarged levels offering new secrets and challenges.
4 new boss enemies
Jet Pack action in a horizontal shmup stage!
Earn continues by collecting all big diamonds per stage.
Autosaving level progression. Finishing a level allows you to restart from the last level you died on.
Accomplishment and statistics screens
Newgame+ mode for speedrunners
Increased the viewport to support 16:9 widescreen
Scanline/RGB CRT TV shader
Increased sprite/particle effects
Alpha blending special FX
Nice parallax scrolling elements
Improved controls (direct control over the 360° snake beam with R Stick)
Optional modern twin stick controls (control movement and shooting direction independently)
Fully customizable controls
Improved difficulty curve
Rebalanced weapon powerlevels
Stable 60fps in both docked/undocked mode
HD Rumble

I've never played Gunlord but have wanted to for a while now.

So this is a remaster not a sequel? Sounds pretty safe to say it's the definitive version if so?

Will almost certainly pick this up.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I've never played Gunlord but have wanted to for a while now.

So this is a remaster not a sequel? Sounds pretty safe to say it's the definitive version if so?

Will almost certainly pick this up.
Yeah it's the definitive version of a 2012 game, but considering the niche and the platforms on which Gunlord was released, it is safe to say that most people haven't heard of it let alone played it prior to this announcement.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'd always been meaning to check this game out, but never quite got around to it. Cool - guess this is the right opportunity to do that. Shouldn't suffer from the music looping issue in the DC version either ( or whatever the glitch was... don't quite remember.) Nice that there's pretty much no wait time for it, either.

Edit: Store page is up -- https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/gunlord-x-switch/

May 22, $9.99.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

Good game. Reminiscent of Turrican. Also has some shoot 'em up sections where you pilot a ship. Played the Dreamcast version which is great.

Edit: it's not a ship, it's the blokey with a jetpack. Eh. It's been a while.

Last edited:

Dazrael

I didn’t expect this to be out so soon, that’s a nice surprise. I was weighing up trying to pick it up on AES but it’s hella expensive. Another win for the Switch.

Top Bottom