• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy walks into Digital Extremes, gets lunch, discovers new game Keystone

Cipherr

You can lol all you damn want mate but the guys still an asshole, what you have said doesn't change that fact.

He walks into a building eats food that's not his and then leaks information from people who have most probably signed a contract to not discuss what they are working on to people not employed by their company.

Yea the guys an asshole. I'm also not sure why in your first sentence you are implying this guy hasn't done any damage?

I find it very strange that people seem to think that if the guy could do it he should do it and not have any blame put on him. You have to be total scum to pull this kind of thing off.

No I definitely agree with you on this. Just recognize, as someone else said, there's a strong 'us versus them' thing going, and people have a hard time having sympathy when they aren't the subject of this stuff soooo.... Oh well I guess. Its not surprising that someone would report on it either. Any site would. Ill bet a vast majority of the leaked info we get about stuff in the industry is from someone doing or saying something they shouldn't have (obviously not to the degree we have HERE in this instance, but still).

7N34s0G.gif

Uthred

Calling what happened an "invasion" trivializes actual invasions. A dude walked in to a private office building, uninvited, and had lunch. Some employees unwittingly talked about some stuff with him that they shouldn't have. No one was in danger at any point. Let's cool the hyperbole a bit.

Bullshit, it doesnt trivialise anything because people have this amazing ability to understand context and when you couple that with words fabulous ability to mean more than one thing, holy shit its a galaxy of meaning! So yes it was an invasion, could it have been worse? Yes. Doesnt magically make it not an invasion. Were people in danger at any point? Who knows? I mean I doubt it but neither you nor I know. The point however is that its very easy for the employees to think they could be in danger if something like this happened a little differently. If theres any trivialising going on its your attempt to trivialise the effect the violation of a previously safe space can have on people. The closest analog would be a burglary, even if they arent present most victims suffer feelings of vulnerability and violation, with those feelings escalating to mental health issues in 25% of the victims.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Some people in this thread really need to go watch some classes before trying to talk about journalism on the internet.

Lynd7

I don't get why people are wanting sites to comply with the wishes of the developer. They reported on a story, thats it. Once its out there the dev just has to deal with it.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So what kind of game is it? Looks like a moba :/

Are DE even big enough to support two games? Warframe still has a mountain of bugs/issues to sort out.

Lifeline

So what kind of game is it? Looks like a moba :/

Are DE even big enough to support two games? Warframe still has a mountain of bugs/issues to sort out.

It's an arena shooter with card elements. Basically upgrades you get throughout the match. You can make your deck ahead of time. All characters start out the same, but their deck loadout makes them more different as you play.

The story is basically jumanji

Characters are very much like Overwatch. There's a Hazo like character, a Mcree like character.

There's also a character who is pretty much Torbjorn + Mei + Pharah

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Someone go to Insomniac Games!

Just say your an associate of Ted Price, jstevenson invited you!

Should work!, if not, just use the sheepanator on security
They sell those now right?

Fake Edit: I've been bamboozled!

That guy who sat next to someone from Ubisoft on a plane and casually got them to spill all the beans on AC Unity months before the reveal is still my favorite leak story.

VeeP

It's so frustrating to see people continue to believe this when we're so careful about making sure we verify everything we post, avoiding rumors like, say, alleged Fire Emblem homophobia based on an unverified Tumblr translation (among others we've avoided or debunked).

You're welcome to dislike or not read Kotaku, but to act as if we'll post "any news for clicks" is ignorant and incorrect.

If it's worth anything, a lot of posters and myself, we all enjoy Kotaku. You guys publish some really great articles.

That guy who sat next to someone from Ubisoft on a plane and casually got them to spill all the beans on AC Unity months before the reveal is still my favorite leak story.

What about the guy who took a photo of a laptop with info regarding the next Tomb Raider? thats a great story

Top Bottom