• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GWENT closed beta now underway

Sorian

Banned
So, I got the code but it seems I got a PC code and not the XBOX one code, or am I missing something?

It should have asked you at sign-up which code you wanted. Unfortunately, I don't think they have any way of correcting it if the wrong selection was made other than signing up with a new e-mail and waiting again.

That said, if you don't want that PC code, I'll take it off your hands >_>

Caja 117

It should have asked you at sign-up which code you wanted. Unfortunately, I don't think they have any way of correcting it if the wrong selection was made other than signing up with a new e-mail and waiting again.

That said, if you don't want that PC code, I'll take it off your hands >_>

Yeah, well, I selected XBOX one option, I made sure of that, but it seems It didnt took my selection correctly, anyway, check your PM to see if that codes works for you.

Randdalf

Man this is really good. The only annoyance for me is the inconsistency in card descriptions that all do the same thing. Also, the torrential rain description incorrectly says that it affects the melee row (it affects siege).

sanhora

The Monster faction ability combined with gold cards like Eredin and Geralt seems pretty strong based on the 20 or so games I've played today. Maybe it'll be less effective in the long run when people start unlocking more of the higher end cards, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't get nerfed soon.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Are there any strictly better cards like the OG Ghent?

There's a few but it seems like it'll keep itself in check by having limits of the silver/golds you can have per deck. The most plain example I see is the bronze Field Medic for Northern Realms, it's a 3 strength unit that revives a random unit from your graveyard. There's a silver 3 strength medic that lets you pick from your graveyard which is strictly better--but there's still merit to having both in the deck since like Witcher 3 Gwent, medics are just powerful as hell since it re-triggers card effects.

Golds all seem to have a purpose so I don't think it'll run into an issue there. Geralt is just a plain textless 12 but he's the only one right now that's just stats, there's nothing like Triss/Yennerfer in W3 where Triss was just a 7 that did nothing while Yenn was a 7 + a medic.

Sidon

omg I got a key, ever lucky.

giphy.gif

Installing now, need to brush up on Gwent.

This makes me itching for a The Witcher 3 play session....

Got super lucky on my first match. Had to use all my cards to get to a 3rd round, but hung onto Foltest's ability. Drew a medic. It rezzed a Chort. Cloned the medic. It brought out 5 more attack. It was enough to beat whatever my opponent had started that round with.

Feels good

sam777

Pretty obvious that the Monster deck is the most popular from my short time of playing so far.
Also the Monster deck seems pretty OP to me.

Randdalf

Pretty obvious that the Monster deck is the most popular from my short time of playing so far.

Conversely, I've been playing 100% Skellige and I'm winning only about 20% of games. Maybe I'm just bad.

Papercuts

Northern Realms and Monster are by far my most seen.

Lacerate is REALLY strong vs. Monster. 3 damage to an entire row guts all of their swarm cards.

nubbe

Scoia'tael is probably the most technical deck and lest played
Skellige need a few more cards to be crafted or acquired from packs to get going

Monster is the easiest to play since it's more or less brute force
Northern is rather fun since you can upgrade cards to gold and wear and tear the opponent

But the most common mistake I see is that people think that winning round 1 is important... and just get slaughtered the mid and endgame

Cat Party

Conversely, I've been playing 100% Skellige and I'm winning only about 20% of games. Maybe I'm just bad.
I'm playing Skellige but I'm doing well against monsters. Lacerate and the guy who does 2 damage to 3 cards work well. Foltest is much harder for me to deal with, because of how easy it is to replicate the 8 power guy. Field medic is probably the most OP card I've seen so far. It's way too easy to manipulate what's in your graveyard.

Randdalf

I'm playing Skellige but I'm doing well against monsters. Lacerate and the guy who does 2 damage to 3 cards work well. Foltest is much harder for me to deal with, because of how easy it is to replicate the 8 power guy. Field medic is probably the most OP card I've seen so far. It's way too easy to manipulate what's in your graveyard.

I mean I have lacerate and that card but they always seem to overpower me anyway. Hmm. Also I'm pretty sure I've played about 20 games and won 3 as Skellige :(

edit: Also loving these Monster players who RNG keep Geralt on the field out of all their other 6 creatures :(

Wagram

My main deck has been Skellige. The music that plays on the Skellige set is AWESOME.

I'm shit with Scoia, and okay with NR. Haven't touched Monsters yet.

Randdalf

Oh my god, what is it with these monster players and their amazing luck always retaining their most powerful monster between each round.

salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif

Sorian

Banned
Kudos to Caja this morning by the way. Had to finagle things a little bit but I am officially in the beta now (in other news, I now have 2 gog accounts but whatever lol). You're the best.

If I ever actually get any codes, I'll get them out to some gaffers.

I feel bad for those of you waiting. I got my key in the first wave but had no time to play till later tonight. Never played The Witcher as I am a silly American who opposes nudity in vidya games, but Gwent has always interested me.

Cat Party

But the most common mistake I see is that people think that winning round 1 is important... and just get slaughtered the mid and endgame
My favorite part of the game is trying to figure out whether to commit additional resources in round 1. Especially when you're already ahead.

Papercuts

My favorite part of the game is trying to figure out whether to commit additional resources in round 1. Especially when you're already ahead.

I always like to try to squeak 1 point ahead of them if possible in round 1 since it seems to make people overcommit, people don't like conceding a round that close. Then I just pass after squeezing more value from them.

Sorian

Banned
Take your sales to the B/T/S thread, no one wants it here, it's gross enough already due to how this stuff has gone down.

Hexer06

Wow.. How is it not a ban for ppl selling those codes? At least post in the BST. I got a code but it still sickens me to see this stuff. You have ppl that really could use a code and are die hard fans, then you see ppl who obviously don't wanna play with multiple keys. Wtf.. And they're selling them for outrageous prices too. Yuck

Top Bottom