• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gwent - Open Beta Thread: Not bad, not bad at all

Naar

I've been playing a scoitatel deck that needs a bit of set up, but when it works it's amazing!

I know i probably need to adjust or add a couple of cards, but even if i lose at least I'm enjoying this deck. Can't seem to break 3800 with it.

It kinda relies on eleyas and braenn as finishers

#650th worldwide, #329th EU. My resting place for a few days/week. End season now pls CDPR.

Nice, congrats!

I managed to climb back to 4.3k, but I'm barely outside the top 1000 now (1019 last I checked). I also kinda want to get Rank 21 since I didn't get that last season, and between Closed Beta and last season I know that if I do want to have a high finishing place I need to push hard now as opposed to the 2 weeks when everyone is tryharding super hard with mature meta decks.

Knowing me though I'm probably just going to fall back down to 4.0k again
charm_happytears.gif

JustinBB7

Nice, congrats!

I managed to climb back to 4.3k, but I'm barely outside the top 1000 now (1019 last I checked). I also kinda want to get Rank 21 since I didn't get that last season, and between Closed Beta and last season I know that if I do want to have a high finishing place I need to push hard now as opposed to the 2 weeks when everyone is tryharding super hard with mature meta decks.

Knowing me though I'm probably just going to fall back down to 4.0k again
charm_happytears.gif

yea that's my worry too. I already dropped to 700 early today, must be around 750+ now. So I'll have to play again soon already. I really want rank 21 too but I must get that naturally by keeping my rank up for top 1000 I suppose. As long as I don't start losing. Still a few weeks left.

yea that's my worry too. I already dropped to 700 early today, must be around 750+ now. So I'll have to play again soon already. I really want rank 21 too but I must get that naturally by keeping my rank up for top 1000 I suppose. As long as I don't start losing. Still a few weeks left.

You think top 1000 or so is going to be cut off for Rank 21? I seem to remember there being like about 150, 200 Rank 21 players last season.

frontovik

Banned
I get the impression it's either follow the optimized build or fail.

.. which is why I insist on being stubborn and not playing SK or Monsters xD

JustinBB7

You think top 1000 or so is going to be cut off for Rank 21? I seem to remember there being like about 150, 200 Rank 21 players last season.

Not top 1000 maybe, but I'm around 4.350 or so now I think, with still a few weeks left. So I think there is an ok chance that top 500 or so might be rank 21 this time.

At 4399 MMR, position 327 on the ladder. Almost certain that if I stopped playing now I'll stay within top 1000 at season end, which will get me that fancy Yen avatar, but I also kinda want Rank 21. Hmm...

JustinBB7

At 4399 MMR, position 327 on the ladder. Almost certain that if I stopped playing now I'll stay within top 1000 at season end, which will get me that fancy Yen avatar, but I also kinda want Rank 21. Hmm...

Nice, I just got to 560! At 4367mmr now. Gonna not play ranked for a few days now pfew.

frontovik

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if I should've jumped into the ladder race during the start of the new season. Now that the meta's been established, it's just more grinding in the trenches.

Currently moving forward from Rank 9 with Nilfgaard Spy .. and I've been dealing with Eredin Weather, Dagon Weather, Skellige Restore etc
Monsters are just as dominant as they were in Closed Beta.

JustinBB7

Played 2 games again to keep my rank high, won both, now at 506th worldwide 4402 mmr 174 wins 132 losses 7 draws - 263 EU. Damn so happy.

Have a busy week so I'll wait it out and next weekend might try for rank 21 and secure top 1000 for real then.

City 17

Is it me or nobody plays casual anymore? Queues take forever... was gonna try a completely new deck for fun, couldn't find matches in casual, was kinda forced to practice it at ranked, went down from 4380 to 4100 then climbed back a bit to 4250.

CaptNink

Is it me or nobody plays casual anymore? Queues take forever... was gonna try a completely new deck for fun, couldn't find matches in casual, was kinda forced to practice it at ranked, went down from 4380 to 4100 then climbed back a bit to 4250.

Hmmm....usually takes me about 30-45 secs to find a casual match. But I'm only level 10, so maybe that's the difference?

JustinBB7

I find plenty of casual, sometimes it takes 40 seconds or so but I still find them.

Started today at #633 global/#334 EU with 4402 mmr - 174 wins - 132 losses - 7 draws.

Won 3-0! Now I'm #407 global/#215 EU with 4446 mmr - 177 wins - 132 losses - 7 draws.

Wow so happy, need 54 more mmr for Grand Master which is why I kept playing. That's like 5 more wins in a row. I'll try that this weekend I think.

I find plenty of casual, sometimes it takes 40 seconds or so but I still find them.

Started today at #633 global/#334 EU with 4402 mmr - 174 wins - 132 losses - 7 draws.

Won 3-0! Now I'm #407 global/#215 EU with 4446 mmr - 177 wins - 132 losses - 7 draws.

Wow so happy, need 54 more mmr for Grand Master which is why I kept playing. That's like 5 more wins in a row. I'll try that this weekend I think.

Nice!

I got up to 4488 once, misplayed on the match that should have put me to GM, then went tilting all the way back down to 3900 :D Back at 4300 as of last night, hopefully this time the climb to GM should be smoother.

JustinBB7

Welp went 0-7 today. I pulled it back to 9-13 at least but wow what cancer. Got so unlucky so many times. Losing coinflips, drawing 3 raiders to hand, not drawing any golds/silvers etc etc. Made it back to 792 after dropping to fucking 1500 or something. So frustrating. I was 400, then this happens. Hopefully can get it back tomorrow. Just want grandmaster and stop but it's hard.

Top Bottom