• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 | LiveStream | 4PM PST

HowZatOZ

Banned
I blame Australian Internet and our government. Seems like an interesting stream, butttt it may turn into a bit of a mundane watch if it's just them "making" the game. It is clear those who are tuning in are just waiting for the beta date to be announced.

OatmealMu

I'd like to think a ticker at the top of the stream answering frequently asked questions would help chat quality, but... Damn, the level of stupidity in there is so high it wouldn't make a difference.

Edit: I'm surprised at the lack of object snapping in the editor. Seems it would save a lot of time otherwise spent fine-tuning fences and whatnot.

Pachimari

When was it said again that it would be out within 4-6 weeks? It surely couldn't have been at the announcement on April 10.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
When was it said again that it would be out within 4-6 weeks? It surely couldn't have been at the announcement on April 10.

Smedley runs his mouth a lot. 2 years ago he said that EverQuest Next would be playable by the end of last year, and EQN won't be playable until 2015. lol

There have been hints by devs about info at E3, who knows though.

Well it's been 6 weeks since the announcement. I highly doubt Early Access will be released any time soon. July seems more likely.

Iadien

Well it's been 6 weeks since the announcement. I highly doubt Early Access will be released any time soon. July seems more likely.

Rumor is announcement around E3. Who knows if that means EA will begin around E3 or not though.

velociraptor

Is this a PvP or PvE game?

What I hate about DayZ is that there is no incentive to become allies. And it's just a little boring.

I think it would be really cool if you have Walking Dead like communities. You are a group trying to survive against zombies. And potentially other groups. You can choose to share resources or you can loot and kill.

Iadien

Is this a PvP or PvE game?

What I hate about DayZ is that there is no incentive to become allies. And it's just a little boring.

I think it would be really cool if you have Walking Dead like communities. You are a group trying to survive against zombies. And potentially other groups. You can choose to share resources or you can loot and kill.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/26w2ly/server_rulesets/

We're working out ways to use our content pack system to support multiple server rulesets. Here are the ones we're kicking around the office in discussions:
Hardcore ruleset. Wipes all ownership and recipes upon death.
PvP v. PvE
Military Weapons toggle
Guns Toggle (melee / bows only server)
RP Server (VOIP attracts zombies and other tidbits).
Worldchat v. Area Chat
Hardcore ruleset 2. Starvation! (Food / Water consumption much higher).
Hardcore ruleset 3. Zombies / wolves deadlier / faster / hardier.
Base destructibility (easy, hard, not at all)
We'd then be able to support server sets such as:
Oblivion [RP][No MilitaryWeapons][Starvation] Goodliving [PvE][No Guns][Hardcore Death]

Top Bottom