• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
72c243a0cd2c0f2b9d7f8vlsfq.jpg

One of the best sports anime has returned! Hajime no Ippo: Rising is the 3rd seasoson of the series. Rising will be aired for 25 episodes, probably up until after Ippo's 5th title defense against Sawamura. The anime has been confirmed contain Aoki's title match, Ippo's 4th and 5th title defense match, and Takamura's Middleweight World title match.

Directed by Jun Shishido (Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger)
Written by Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger)
Original creator: George Morikawa
Character Design: Koji Sugiura
Original run October 5, 2013 – scheduled
Episodes: 25
Broadcaster: NTV

Characters:
Ippo Makunouchi
character01.png

Main protagonist of Hajime no Ippo, he is a featherweight in fighter from the Kamogawa Boxing Gym.

Cast:

Rikiya Koyama as Mamoru Takamura

Daisuke Namikawa as Manabu Itagaki
Emi Shinohara as Mari Iimura
Hidenobu Kiuchi as David Eagle
Hisao Egawa as Iwao Shimabukuro
Keiji Fujiwara as Tatsuya Kimura
Kohei Kiyasu as Ippo Makunouchi
Masahiko Tanaka as Ryō Mashiba
Masaki Aizawa as Eiji Date
Masaya Onosaka as Takeshi Sendō
Saori Hayashi as Kumi Mashiba
Shinichiro Miki as Ryūhei Sawamura
Shoko Tsuda as Tomiko
Shozo Iizuka as Genji Kamogawa
Shuuhei Sakaguchi as Katsutaka Imae
Tomokazu Seki as Ichirō Miyata
Wataru Takagi as Masaru Aoki
Yu Kobayashi as Nanako Itagaki

Official site: http://www.ntv.co.jp/ippo/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15542
http://ippo.wikia.com/wiki/Hajime_no_Ippo_Rising

Fuuuuuuu I am ready!!! I think....
Can anybody put in spoiler tags how the last season ended? I am not sure if I watched the second season or not, I think I did, it's been a while...

Mastadon

Banned
Awesome, I'm watching the original series for the first time and it's been really good so far. Hopefully be caught up in time for this.

Mugy

Oh man, i'ts been so long since the last season, that i almost feel bad for reading all the manga chapters before knowing this was gonna happen. I almost lost faith!

Anyways, really excited about. Sawamura's match has one of the best moments in the series, and one of the most watched title's defense by other boxers.

Btw, is that David Eagle on the poster? Look's a little different.

Moaradin

I'm about 30 episodes into the first series. Wanted to catch up before this started, but never had the time. Oh well, I'm really digging it so far!

the awesome sports anime of yesteryears.

touch, captain tsubasa, hajime no ippo, slam dunk, major.

now we get crap like kuroko no basket.

I'm hyped

Is anyone reading the manga? I'm hyped as fuck about
Ippo vs Alfredo Gonzales

I am, I just read the 2 latest chapters over lunch. That tension!

Needless to say I'm hyped for this new season. Kenji Utsumi will be missed as Coach, but his replacement is very worthy.

Staab

Hajime no Ippo: Rising |OT| - Catching leaves this fall
(get the joke?)

Hajime no Ippo: Rising |OT| - It's time to get rolling again
(dempsey roll?)

Hajime no Ippo: Rising |OT| - Boxing is back out of the shadows
(shadow boxing?)

I'm bad at this :p

ISOM

Does anyone know who is the most famous japanese boxer? WIth all the mangas in japan that have been about boxing, I always found it weird that I haven't seen much about japanese boxers.

Fox1304

Wow, that's quite big quantity of story and match card spoilers in the title. Things like "4th and 5th title defense match / ******'s title match " should be avoided no ? Everybody haven't read the manga. And it's a thread for the anime.

Oxn

Holy shieeeettttt

One of my favorite animes ever and i didnt even know there was a season 2?????????

Oh man. Such hype.

...at least, I would be super hyped save the arcs that they're doing for the show. I adore the animation and seeing the fights like this.

But holy god, they're starting with one of the most boring fights he's had and then...for a number of fights thereafter none of Ippo's were interesting. The thing that kept most people going was Sawamura. And then that fucking Ricky fight. Oh god.

It turned around and got better definitely. But the show isn't going to current stuff, it's pretty much hitting all of Ippo's low notes. =/

...including introducing the worst goddam character to exist in the whole series. Itagaki. Man, fuck that awful, terrible character. I am so glad
he fucking lost the belt fight
. I literally stood up at my desk and danced. Put on music and everything.

Seriously, fuck him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom