• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2: PHP - The Forgotten Half-Life Game! Full Walkthrough

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A complete walkthrough of Valve's forgotten text-based adventure game based in the Half-Life 2 universe, Half-Life 2: PHP, easily both the most forgotten and hardest Half-Life game around!

• Half-Life 2: PHP is a forgotten Half-Life game that is text-based and set in the Half-Life 2 universe.
  • The game is considered the most forgotten and hardest Half-Life game.
  • The game can be played on the web in the browser.
  • The video includes AI-generated speech, sound, and music for a full aural experience.
  • The game was released along with Half-Life 2 and available at http://web.archive.org/web/20040924091108/http://www.half-life2.com:80/hl2.php.

Kupfer

Don't miss on Codename: Gordon as well ;)

Ig3qDso.jpg

Codename: Gordon is a flash-animated side-scrolling game developed by Paul Kamma (X-Tender) and Sönke Seidel (Warbeast) of Nuclear Vision. It was offered through Valve's Steam platform. The game was released before the official release of Half-Life 2 as a kind of advertisement and was accessible for free to anyone with a valid Steam account.

Codename: Gordon is an alternative interpretation of the Half-Life 2 storyline, where the player controls Gordon Freeman in and around City 17, fighting so-called Combine units, alien-like headcrabs, and other enemies while meeting allies such as Alyx Vance and Eli Vance. Codename: Gordon differs from the well-known Half-Life 2 because it is only two-dimensional. The player uses the keyboard to move the character left and right and to make it jump. The mouse can be used to aim 270°, but the area directly under the character cannot be targeted.

Unlike the three-dimensional Half-Life, the player is able to communicate with allies. The allies speak in complete sentences (Codename: Gordon has no voice output), Gordon in contrast "answers" by using IM typical emoticons, such as ;-( and ^_^.

The game can still be downloaded for free from Steam, because it belongs to package 0 and thus is automatically owned by every account
Code:
steam://install/92

Last edited:

Mephisto40

Just tried the PHP game, it gives you three options, all of them result in death

So it's hard because it's literally impossible to finish?

shaddam

Don't miss on Codename: Gordon as well ;)

Ig3qDso.jpg

Codename: Gordon is a flash-animated side-scrolling game developed by Paul Kamma (X-Tender) and Sönke Seidel (Warbeast) of Nuclear Vision. It was offered through Valve's Steam platform. The game was released before the official release of Half-Life 2 as a kind of advertisement and was accessible for free to anyone with a valid Steam account.

Codename: Gordon is an alternative interpretation of the Half-Life 2 storyline, where the player controls Gordon Freeman in and around City 17, fighting so-called Combine units, alien-like headcrabs, and other enemies while meeting allies such as Alyx Vance and Eli Vance. Codename: Gordon differs from the well-known Half-Life 2 because it is only two-dimensional. The player uses the keyboard to move the character left and right and to make it jump. The mouse can be used to aim 270°, but the area directly under the character cannot be targeted.

Unlike the three-dimensional Half-Life, the player is able to communicate with allies. The allies speak in complete sentences (Codename: Gordon has no voice output), Gordon in contrast "answers" by using IM typical emoticons, such as ;-( and ^_^.

The game can still be downloaded for free from Steam, because it belongs to package 0 and thus is automatically owned by every account
Code:
steam://install/92
I feel like I somehow unlocked a memory

Kuranghi

I remember Codename Gordon! That was memoryholed until now, Steam was so bizarre at first, just this big empty thing and then HL2 came out and was the biggest thing.

Kupfer

I know, right?
Back then I didn't have my own internet connection and had to go to a friend's house to create a Steam account and activate HL2. I downloaded everything that was available for the CE of HL2- and Cordename: Gordon, which was free. It's 2004, a free & legal game to download? Nice!
But at some point it just disappeared from my library, as it seems it did for everyone, and it was forgotten about. Only 1 or 2 years ago I remembered this weird 2d flashgame around HL universe and did some research - and felt exactly like you two Kuranghi Kuranghi shaddam shaddam

Top Bottom