• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 3 appears on Gamescom product list (Up: Still mistake. Resume madness.)

Wasn't GTA V also pictured on a Gamescom ad but was debunked? It's all fakez.

Well, this is a pdf on the official website.

Not sure how you can debunk something like that. I'm sceptical but this seems like a solid rumour, certainly better than anonymous sources or the like.

Triple U

Banned
From the PDF:

Zu erwartende Neuheiten gamescom 2012
* Bitte beachten Sie die Quellen: Aussteller, Gamesmedien, Internet, Foren, Blogs. Angaben ohne Gewähr. * Vereinzelt werden Spiele ausschließlich in business area für Fachpublikum vorgestellt.

'Expected announcements gamescom 2012'
*Please take note of the sources: exhibitors, media, intenet forums, blogs.
*no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information

FFS.

They don't even fact check stuff they put in pamphlets?

From the PDF:

Zu erwartende Neuheiten gamescom 2012
* Bitte beachten Sie die Quellen: Aussteller, Gamesmedien, Internet, Foren, Blogs. Angaben ohne Gewähr. * Vereinzelt werden Spiele ausschließlich in business area für Fachpublikum vorgestellt.

'Expected announcements gamescom 2012'
*Please take note of the sources: exhibitors, media, intenet forums, blogs.
*no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information

thanks for posting this....well so much for that

Forsythia

It has to be fake, right? No way this is real?! Valve would not 'announce' the game like this.

god I hope it's real

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Fake...

Gabe ( or whoever from Valve it was ) explicitly said that if/when HL3 would be revealed they'd go all out.

The game won't be on frigging gamescom come'on ._.

least not from some lame pdf...

Withnail

Well, this is a pdf on the official website.

Not sure how you can debunk something like that. I'm sceptical but this seems like a solid rumour, certainly better than anonymous sources or the like.

The gamescom organisers don't actually know what publishers are going to announce, so they have just listed rumours.

Well, just translated the top part - seems like this 'expected' rather than any confirmation, and mentions sources such as blogs and forums.

Hmm.... :|

Lulubop

Guys, this is probably actually the real deal. As others have stated it coincides with GTTV's visit to Valve - what else would they visit for? I also doubt they would make a mistake of this magnitude.

Shame the surprise is spoilt now though.

In addition to the steam community overhaul we'll be this week, and MvM.

I believe!

remz

Fake...

Gabe ( or whoever from Valve it was ) explicitly said that if/when HL3 would be revealed they'd go all out.

What if this is the big reveal? What if they are going all out?

iWstzVTGMPlaD.gif

Mush

Folks, this same list also has Bioshock Infinite on it which is confirmed to be a no show.

I don't know...

ekim

But they also don't list games like Watch_Dogs or The Last Guardian - why then add Half Life 3? There was never such kind of rumour afaik.

+ Geoff visited valve for a special GTTV episode. Let's all just wait for the Sony or EA presser.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
My uncle who is Gabe's butler said it was true and that it would be a mmo f2p half life so this is obviously true also

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Blops2 multiplayer was that thing.................................

What's wrong with gamescom now?

Nothing wrong at all, just that the most anticipated game of all time won't get revealed like any other game "just like that"... there will be build up, maybe those patented valve-args, stuff like that... not just "hey welcome to gamescom, here's capcom's remember me and Valve's Half-Life 3 "

Aaah there we go, it was Chet.

raphier

Banned
Fake...

least not from some lame pdf...

you misinterpreted it. That was a comment about ARG. By "going all out" Chet meant that they would do just that: Gamescon, magazine exclusivity, trailers, announcements instead of ARGs, hints or conceptart teasers.

fauxtrot

Banned
If you take a look at that list... you'll see that there are games on there that have been confirmed as not showing up at Gamescon (eg: Bioshock Infinite). It was nice while it lasted, eh?

Edit: beaten

Top Bottom