• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half of chapters in Ryse beaten in 90 minutes ?

Ah... Next Gen.

Why does everyone always forget that the first year always sucks?

I've been through many launches in my day, and I can attest to this. The launch window is always kind of shoddy regardless of system; the kinks still need to be worked out and developers need time to get accustomed to the hardware before making anything worth its weight.

Can't say this should surprise anyone. Crytek was basically radio silent about the game except for when they crawled out of their hole and said they "fixed" the combat after hearing negative feedback at E3. It's been all downhill since the initial reveal of Ryse.

spannicus

Seems like since the PS4 got a bunch of shitty reviews, theres alot of people wanting Xbox One games to tank just as bad, and if not then Microsoft must have paid off the reviewers. Cliffy B was right on that Neogaf Documentary when he said I dont think alot of the people there even play games, lol seems like people just complain and complain around here and its really sad.

Seems like since the PS4 got a bunch of shitty reviews, theres alot of people wanting Xbox One games to tank just as bad, and if not then Microsoft must have paid off the reviewers. Cliffy B was right on that Neogaf Documentary when he said I dont think alot of the people there even play games, lol seems like people just complain and complain around here and its really sad.

dont get me wrong,but this game have all the numbers to be mediocre

p3tran

Banned
right now I'd say its 50-50 that ryse will be a very good game.
i liked the livestream video that was posted previous page.
colosseum with sandstorms? mean looking gladiator outfits? I see potential there...!

This guy says it took him 7 hours. But he does work for MS.

screenshot2013-11-141pjf1k.png

7 hours is fine for most linear story driven games. Although i wish it was 10 hours. I will probably take my time collecting all the unlockables.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Polygon isn't going to give this a great score, even if it's Arthur reviewing it. He considers himself a Ninja Gaiden master, so if he has any integrity he will recognize how fucking lame the core gameplay is. I don't see him as the type to be wowed by millions of dollars of cinematics production.

coldfoot

Banned
Feel free to try some more current stuff if you want.
They might easily be making up for giving low scores to prominent titles like TLOU by giving higher scores to titles like Deadly Premonition so their bias does not show so blatantly. Why not we use weighted averages determined by number of copies sold for each game and see where we land.

right now I'd say its 50-50 that ryse will be a very good game.
i liked the livestream video that was posted previous page.
colosseum with sandstorms? mean looking gladiator outfits? I see potential there...!

And hints of pvp mode i believe on the stream.
Shame it only has Shield and sword they could use more weapon sets.

Still smh with counting shield as secondary weapon by the streamers :(

shandy706

This doesn't make much sense since I watched them play it live on Twitch and it took him almost an hour to get through a chapter.

Well, either it's a mistranslation, they're hiding what mode they played and how they playd (skipping cut scenes...running past stuff), or they're straight up lying.

Maybe they're the mirror version of Polygon.

QaaQer

:eyeroll:

If anyone who posted this type of massive generalization actually identified the people who fit the characterization, the list would be < .01% of Gaf.

Whatever you wanna believe broslice

This game has had multiple threads pop up about it outlining obviously poor elements. Did you miss the disaster that was the multiplayer reveal? The negative buzz on this game has nothing to do with anything on the Playstation, people are just able to see through the visuals.

COD only takes 3 hours to finish? I remember MW1 taking like at least 6 maybe. Guess I do have time to play Ghosts

BLOPs II took me 11-12.

Don't see what's so sad about it. Fans will be fans and if you're truly impartial it's all just part of the show. Don't act surprised and no one wants or deserves your pity. 95% of this shit is all in good fun, and the 5% that isn't, well, that's kinda of on you if you let it bother you in the slightest.

dab0ne

That sucks. I wanted to play this when I eventually get an xbone. Guess I'll wait for a super price drop on this game before even considering.

Al13n

Neo Member
This is such a shame, Ryse is/was my most anticipated launch game.. If this keeps up, I might end cancelling my preorder on this.. And I was already thinking of doing the same with DR3.. :(

spannicus

Don't see what's so sad about it. Fans will be fans and if you're truly impartial it's all just part of the show. Don't act surprised and no one wants or deserves your pity. 95% of this shit is all in good fun, and the 5% that isn't, well, that's kinda of on you if you let it bother you in the slightest.
boohoo welcome to my pity party, shit dont bother me one bit im just saying its really sad to see and hear some of the shit people come up with on here.

Damn I hope next gen is not like this, I dont want to watch a $60 movie for a couple of hours.

You still have multiplayer and coop which is more my bread and butter.
Hell i would not even play kz:sf single player just dive into multi just like with BF4 i can get close to 30 hours out of it.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
That was chapter 3 I think. Maybe 1 and 2 are more tutorial and really fast?

Except they said they got through half the game which is 4 chapters but I doubt 1, 2 and 3 are 12 minutes each. Something is fishy here.

I'm still thinking it's going to be 7-8 hours for most people.

Hyunashi

This should review like Knack. Its Crytek so I never expected a compelling story. Its going to be all pretty graphics and no substance.

Kssio_Aug

7 hours in first gameplay to an almost exclusively SP game is short. I mean... not THAT short, but its the minimum a game like that should have! Less than that would be ridiculous.

I can stand a 5~6 hours campaing in shooters that focuses on online mode. Otherwise, I would consider it a big fail.

Jin

What the hell happen to this game? It looks so promising despite the QTE during the unveil and now it's a 3 hour Kinect game that plays itself.

reKon

Banned

Wow... you're the first GAF gamer in years to actually have something to say.

Demon Ice

Banned
Surprising absolutely nobody (well, mostly ;) )

A few tens of minutes later, the snoozing rhythm of the combat risks ruining the veneer: our session quickly turned into a repetitive and undifferentiated fight depending only on the type of enemy (small barbarian, big barbarian, end of level boss).

Yep. Sounds about as fun as punching in phone numbers.

Top Bottom