• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween Overwatch Event Officially Announced / Trailer / Available Now

NeoRaider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jupt7Dh-Fgk

We’re celebrating the spookiest time of the year in true Overwatch fashion—with a brand new seasonal event! From now until November 1, you can explore the haunted streets of Hollywood, expand your collection of themed holiday items, and relive a chilling tale in our first-ever PvE brawl: Junkenstein’s Revenge!

I played 2 matches and it's BEST THING EVER! I loved it!

lol Gears
Get a refund

XS5LK.gif

So this update might actually get me to play the game again. One question though if I for example buy some loot boxes off PSN can they have the Halloween costumes or do you have to get specific boxes from doing the events?

So this update might actually get me to play the game again. One question though if I for example buy some loot boxes off PSN can they have the Halloween costumes or do you have to get specific boxes from doing the events?

Starting tomorrow until it ends all you can buy are Halloween loot boxes, just like the Olympic event. And they are random just like regular loot boxes but this time your mostly getting Halloween themed items. You can also spend your own credits on a Halloween costume.

Cannot wait to get home and play this update. Sounds like a million times better than the Summer Games update. Also by the looks of it they have kind of learned from the mistake of hiding the skins behind only crates since you can buy them with credits now as well.

Starting tomorrow until it ends all you can buy are Halloween loot boxes, just like the Olympic event. And they are random just like regular loot boxes but this time your mostly getting Halloween themed items. You can also spend your own credits on a Halloween costume.

Thanks for the info! I haven't played since about a week or so after launch as I lost interest so had no clue how the Olympics stuff worked. Appreciate it though!

Dreavus

I know what I'm doing after work.

Someone mentioned getting coins (credits?) for the brawl, can anyone confirm??

khaaan

Really?? Great news if true. Id be more willing to buy a loot box if I knew I was getting a Halloween item. I also have a decent chunk of gold saved up, this is great.

I played 2 matches and it's BEST THING EVER! I loved it!

I have to second this.
This brawl is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better than Lucioball.

Still, randoms still get salty when you don't boost them as Ana when they have their ult ready or some other shit.

Best thing to do in this brawl is to use your ult as soon as it's ready. It's what I do and it's how I won these matches so far.

Anyway, the presentation of the brawl is TOP NOTCH! Reinhardt interactively narrating the whole shebang is just awesome. I love it.
They need to keep this mode. Like, seriously.

Also, all the new skins are awesome and I love the RIP victory poses, especially Ana's, Widow's and Reapers. Reaper gets all the best stuff in this update anyway. Awesome costume, awesome victory pose, awesome POTG intro, everything is awesome about him in this one.

Also I like that you can actually buy the skins and whatnot this time around with the in-game credits (for 3 times the regular price). Hopefully this means that they will be available to buy after the event too, but I don't count on it.

Only thing I don't like is that Reinhardt's German VA dropped most of his swabian dialect for the narration of the brawl (his dialect is the biggest reason I play this game with German voices because it's funny as hell). I would've found it a thousand times funnier and better if he had kept it.

Also, friendly reminder:
Don't go wasting your credits on everything right now.
Safe every credit you get, spend it all at the end of the event. It's what I'm gonna do this time around.
You will get a lot of duplicates anyway (which in turn are turned into credits), so at the end you can just buy most of everything of the stuff you didn't get from lootboxes.
Also don't forget that lootbox contents are determined as soon as you get them, not when you open them. So open your lootboxes right away BEFORE buying new skins, poses and whatnot.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So uh, are the skins and whatnot loot box exclusive again or can I just buy some of them?

Top Bottom