• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians - New Video/Trailer/"whatever-this-is" coming in 24 hours

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
What if the main event was MORE than 8 hours?
JkJpiZd.jpg

shoreu

I just read the Kilo-5 books and while I agree with you on the morale implications of Halseys actions, the books were so heavy handed and seemed to just turn into an excuse to browbeat the reader to agree, it soured me on this plot line.

It's all about perspective. On one hand Halsey seems justified in her actions because they saved the human race by creating super soldiers. However, to average people the government kidnapped several children and forced them to go through severe training and augmentations that killed several of them. It's easy to ignore how horrible it is since we're not in their shoes ,but imagine if your child was stolen cloned and murdered twice. How would you react to that.

Campaign 8+ hours confirmed?

How long must we wait on this day. Any guesses?

Xbox tweeted at 7:00 p.m. EST saying 24 hours yesterday, it's currently 11 a.m. EST.

If we gotta wait 8 hours that'd be pretty sucky.

Judging by the time you posted and time left, this means it'll hit at midnight km the UK. PERFECT!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

If you are again trolling, I will kill you frankie, I will kill you.

4svW80V.gif

ps

lol I just made this from one awesome shitty over the top bollywood movie

Someone should replace the face with bish, and use it in mass banning thread. I am not so good.

It's all about perspective. On one hand Halsey seems justified in her actions because they saved the human race by creating super soldiers. However, to average people the government kidnapped several children and forced them to go through severe training and augmentations that killed several of them. It's easy to ignore how horrible it is since we're not in their shoes ,but imagine if your child was stolen cloned and murdered twice. How would you react to that.

Campaign 8+ hours confirmed?

1. Well said. Halsey did what needed to be done, for sure, but the horror of it cannot be ignored.

2. The campaign is at least double h4's, so we're looking at a 10-12hr campaign more than likely.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
1. Well said. Halsey did what needed to be done, for sure, but the horror of it cannot be ignored.

2. The campaign is at least double h4's, so we're looking at a 10-12hr campaign more than likely.

I dont think so bruh, it was more like figure of speech. I doubt they literally meant its double the size of Halo 4

Slightly off topic, but that stat tracking thing has 90%/not 100% completion on CE and ODST for me.. I've beaten both in the collection.. any ideas?

Hype for whatever this is, I'm loving Halo at the moment.

I dont think so bruh, it was more like figure of speech. I doubt they literally meant its double the size of Halo 4

They've reiterated on multiple occasions that the campaign is approximately twice the length of Halo 4. A blind solo legendary run of Halo 4 took me 7 or 8 hours on launch day, if Halo 5 is 14-16 hours on Legendary then I'll be quite happy.

Slightly off topic, but that stat tracking thing has 90%/not 100% completion on CE and ODST for me.. I've beaten both in the collection.. any ideas?

Hype for whatever this is, I'm loving Halo at the moment.

Sometimes levels won't register as complete if you do the final split of a level after saving and quitting, happened to me multiple times before I figured it out.

shoreu

1. Yeah hunt the truth made it even more clear how fucked up it was. But hey the results were worth it. At least the Spartans love their work.

2. Yeah and it's supposed to be more difficult than previous iterations too. I can only imagine how my day zero legendary run will be.

1. Yeah hunt the truth made it even more clear how fucked up it was. But hey the results were worth it. At least the Spartans love their work.

2. Yeah and it's supposed to be more difficult than previous iterations too. I can only imagine how my day zero legendary run will be.

1. Truth. Good things can come out of bad deeds. And sometimes, necessary evils are the only option. Pretty morally convenient that the Covenant showed up to help justify and legitimize what the Spartans were originally meant for.

2. I'm stoked. H4's legendary run was my favorite legendary playthrough, even though it wasn't the most difficult one. *glares at H2A*

They've reiterated on multiple occasions that the campaign is approximately twice the length of Halo 4. A blind solo legendary run of Halo 4 took me 7 or 8 hours on launch day, if Halo 5 is 14-16 hours on Legendary then I'll be quite happy.

Sometimes levels won't register as complete if you do the final split of a level after saving and quitting, happened to me multiple times before I figured it out.

Thanks, that must be it. It is a shame but I guess it could be worse.. and I have the achievements(?)

Some of my achievements are locked, though I here that's a common thing.

It isn't the end of the world, just a pain.

shoreu

1. Truth. Good things can come out of bad deeds. And sometimes, necessary evils are the only option. Pretty morally convenient that the Covenant showed up to help justify and legitimize what the Spartans were originally meant for.

2. I'm stoked. H4's legendary run was my favorite legendary playthrough, even though it wasn't the most difficult one. *glares at H2A*

It's crazy that it's arguably easier to beat it solo on legendary since you only have to watch your head.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I whispered a mod about the whole ordeal a while back about stricter moderating policies in Halo threads if we can't have HaloGAF back.

Didn't even respond.
Xander, and I think m0dus, said they will do their best to keep things in check. They are probably just busy at the moment.
Are we there yet?
Should be about 6 hours and 46 minutes.

Top Bottom