• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHerer

The "ball mode" is going to have loads of options so you can make it into a bunch of different modes.

Where did they say this? Didn't hear it on the stream and didn't see any balls in the sneak peek. New map looks interesting, very dark.

Riptide looks like a good map too. I'm interested to see how the H2 BR fits in arena. It has a slower kill time than the regular BR but has that nice scope on it.

Vico

Where did they say this? Didn't hear it on the stream and didn't see any balls in the sneak peek. New map looks interesting, very dark.

Riptide looks like a good map too. I'm interested to see how the H2 BR fits in arena. It has a slower kill time than the regular BR but has that nice scope on it.

They talked about it at the beginning of the stream, on the "Community update" section, when listing the gametypes coming in february. Also, the ball was shown as a concept art in a Waypoint update recently.

Leyasu

Banned
So much lag today, much more than normal what's going on

The first few games were awful this afternoon. It did settle down though. But I had lots of games that were 3 br shots and 4 pistol shots. Disappointing, especially when it is in the arena.

The thing about playing solo is that you never know what you are going to get on either side, so you need to go in assuming you are the best player in your team, and be the defining factor to win the game.

When I play solo, if my team doesn't win, I blame myself and just myself for not been good enough to carry my team, of course if you are on high level of play, Onyx and up, playing without a team is a disaster, but on noob tier levels, Diamond, Platinum, etc, you just need to get good enough to carry your team, as we usually see on Onyx going 24-10 or something against a team with diamonds and plats. in Halo 3 in MLG ranked my mentality was this: if I'm not good enough to win the game by myself, I don't deserve to go up in rank.

More often than not in Gold league, I got something like 3+ KD but the rest of team goes -30 or more makes everything I did meaningless.

Leyasu

Banned
For the people wanting the armor, perhaps you should all throw your qualifiers and get put in bronze next season.. Rack them kills up afterwards! Lol. During the last qualifiers I had people suiciding the whole round or just running up to the enemy and doing nothing..

Ramirez

The thing about playing solo is that you never know what you are going to get on either side, so you need to go in assuming you are the best player in your team, and be the defining factor to win the game.

When I play solo, if my team doesn't win, I blame myself and just myself for not been good enough to carry my team, of course if you are on high level of play, Onyx and up, playing without a team is a disaster, but on noob tier levels, Diamond, Platinum, etc, you just need to get good enough to carry your team, as we usually see on Onyx going 24-10 or something against a team with diamonds and plats. in Halo 3 in MLG ranked my mentality was this: if I'm not good enough to win the game by myself, I don't deserve to go up in rank.

Eh, I don't think what level you are matters, it's all a luck of the draw on MM. I reached 1850 at one point in Slayer this season playing solo, and the next day dropped all of the way back to low 1700s. I was still playing well, but got some bad breaks with teammates.

The lack of party restrictions really makes the whole Onyx tiers mean dick if you're playing solo. A high ranked player could be rolling with 3-4 guys getting solo players on the other side, and I could be getting lucky as a solo player being paired with a team of 3 good people, you just never know.

Nowise10

Having an Elite controller makes superslide so incredibly easy, i don't think I ever mess it up, other then sometimes jumping to soon.

Akai__

Nice JIP:

qvDWO86.png

Thanks 343i. Really appreciated.

---

Anyways, I just got my last Silver unlock, which was the Ultra Wraith. Only Emblems left (have 97/241), but I don't know how many actually are available in Silver packs.

Detective

The lag is amazing today.. Keep up the good work. We are going places.

One thing I don't understand is the spawn system.

Why? Why am I being thrown outside the base when my base is secure?

Out on the open. Broken system.

Caja 117

Eh, I don't think what level you are matters, it's all a luck of the draw on MM. I reached 1850 at one point in Slayer this season playing solo, and the next day dropped all of the way back to low 1700s. I was still playing well, but got some bad breaks with teammates.

The lack of party restrictions really makes the whole Onyx tiers mean dick if you're playing solo. A high ranked player could be rolling with 3-4 guys getting solo players on the other side, and I could be getting lucky as a solo player being paired with a team of 3 good people, you just never know.
Well, you are bound to get matched with Onyx that are not really good (I.E. got carried over), I will rephrase my initial idea: if you play against top tier players and you are doing solo matchmaking, then one player carrying a team is not going to happen, you will need a good teamwork to be able to win against a team of top tier players.

When you are in gold and plat tier, even Diamond, One legit Onyx can carry the whole team.

@SmartWaffles When you say +3KD is something like going 14-11? or 20-5? anyways, I still think that if you are in gold and cant make up for your team blunders then you need to get better.

I think the main problem is that the Ranks in Halo 5 are not a good indicator on the player real skill level, the fact that you cant derank from your initial rank placement is the reason why. people and players will always use this as a way to say that the matchmaking wasn't even because of the different rank, whereas I feel that the system is matching correctly based on the calculated trueskill, and sometimes (like previous Halo) you will have high skilled players teaming up with low skill players, reason why you might have some players completely dominating in a game.

Strider

Nah it's not luck of the draw with MM. You just are at your proper rank now... It fluctuates on some nights maybe based on luck with teammates and the smaller sample size of games but in general it seems like Onyx 1775 or so is right for you if you're jumping between Onyx 1700 and 1850. "luck of the draw with MM" implies better players won't rise to the top and it's just a crapshoot which isn't true.

If I put you on a GT with a platinum rank right now you'd increase your rank right back up to Onyx whether you were playing solo or not... There's no "luck of the draw" with that. It won't matter if you get some stinkers for teammates because you're just gonna carry your team and win more than you lose anyway because you are significantly better than people at that rank. If it was just "luck of the draw" then if I put you on a plat account you would just stay there because it's out of your control which would'nt happen

MaGlock

So anyone up for some games? Finished my FFA placement earlier, diamond 1. But I can't stand FFA. Looking for some team action.

jem0208

They said it on the stream.

Nice JIP:

Thanks 343i. Really appreciated.

---

Anyways, I just got my last Silver unlock, which was the Ultra Wraith. Only Emblems left (have 97/241), but I don't know how many actually are available in Silver packs.
Don't you know by whether or not you are still unlocking permanents in silver?

Some games.this morning. Lol i dont like warzone if the opposing team has both spawns on lock with vehicles and snipes. Was such an unfun game on noctus even though we lost 1000 to 770

Akai__

Don't you know by whether or not you are still unlocking permanents in silver?

Emblems are the only Permanents I have left in Silver. My question is, if I'll now open 20 packs where I get 2 Emblems in each pack or if I'll open like 2 Silver packs and be done with them.

I'll obviously find out when I'm done, but I really have no interest in grinding out Emblems. Least interesting unlocks for me.

Ramirez

Nah it's not luck of the draw with MM. You just are at your proper rank now... It fluctuates on some nights maybe based on luck with teammates and the smaller sample size of games but in general it seems like Onyx 1775 or so is right for you if you're jumping between Onyx 1700 and 1850. "luck of the draw with MM" implies better players won't rise to the top and it's just a crapshoot which isn't true.

If I put you on a GT with a platinum rank right now you'd increase your rank right back up to Onyx whether you were playing solo or not... There's no "luck of the draw" with that. It won't matter if you get some stinkers for teammates because you're just gonna carry your team and win more than you lose anyway because you are significantly better than people at that rank. If it was just "luck of the draw" then if I put you on a plat account you would just stay there because it's out of your control which would'nt happen

But I mean I didn't start losing ranks from 1850 because I was getting pooped on, I hit a streak of quitters, and had one game that docked me 30 points because it started the match 1v4.

I just think outside of your professional players, if you're playing solo, once you hit Onyx, the actual number ranks mean little because there are so many factors that can play into the number.

Madness

Emblems are the only Permanents I have left in Silver. My question is, if I'll now open 20 packs where I get 2 Emblems in each pack or if I'll open like 2 Silver packs and be done with them.

I'll obviously find out when I'm done, but I really have no interest in grinding out Emblems. Least interesting unlocks for me.

Same, especially now that I'm getting the crossed swords. As soon as I hit them, no longer care about any emblem. The worst is that the last update added all those number uncommon emblems, thereby making it tougher to unlock what you really want because you end up getting like 8 of those, 3 different types of scout hogs etc.

Ramirez

So, Halo GAF Spartan club... What year do you think it'll be when we unlock the Achilles helmet?

I think we'll have the armor soon, but the helmet? Probably never unless the numbers get adjusted, lol.

Once they add in a social playlist, I could see some of the numbers going up. I could play all day and maybe muster 2 assassinations against competent players. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom