• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Launch Day Multiplayer Playlist Revealed

jbug617

Banned
Edit: Halo Waypoint Listing
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/launch-playlist-details

Warzone:24 players on massive maps with REQs and AI adversaries. Halo multiplayer has never been bigger.
Maps: Escape from A.R.C, Raid on Apex 7 and March on Stormbreak

Warzone Assault: Destroy the Power Core or defend it in this asymmetrical Warzone mode variant

Maps: Dispatch, Array and Summit

Team Arena: Play on the very best modes and maps Halo 5 has to offer.
m9tJdAp.png

Slayer: Work with a team, vanquish your opponents.

67qVRbO.png

Breakout: Halo 5's premiere high lethality single-life elimination mode.
2crp3rM.png

Free For All: It’s you against everyone else. Slay your way to victory.
nZseDg5.png

Swat: No shields, no motion tracker. Aim for the head!
7mbok8k.png

Weekend Playlist: A weekly playlist that features a mode voted on by the community via Halo Waypoint/Channel.
The weekend social playlist will features modes selected by the community, and offer bonus XP and REQ Points. Additionally, the most popular modes have the potential for becoming their own playlist.

In regards to BTB
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/13/halo-5-to-get-custom-big-team-battle-maps

Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo shed more light on what would be done with Big Team Battle once it launches post-release. Speaking to IGN, he first confirmed that, yes, "Big Team Battle will have its own [matchmaking] playlist when it launches." We were speaking about the just-announced launch-day matchmaking playlists for Halo 5, so we asked DelHoyo which of the out-of-the-box maps would be a good fit for Big Team Battle. His answer surprised us: "We’re crafting all new maps that are designed from the ground up to cater to Big Team Battle," DelHoyo announced. "These will include a healthy mix of infantry and vehicular combat that Big Team Battle is known for."

Pudge

Two SWAT playlists, and no indication that Oddball or Assault are even in the game at all, not to mention anything else?

That's not the best news 343...

Sounds reasonable for launch. I'm sure we'll see other game types introduced in time, bring on ricochet!

Why? Bungie's Halo games launched with a dozen playlists that encompassed everything the game has to offer. I am continually perplexed by 343's insistence that content be rolled out painfully slowly to players.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sounds reasonable for launch. I'm sure we'll see other game types introduced in time, bring on ricochet!

Warzone assualt sounds more promising then vanilla warzone too.

RoKKeR

So I guess those forge maps from the beta do count as launch maps then?

And yeah, replace Swat magnums with Team Objective. That's a good lineup.

ironcreed

Banned
Even for someone who prefers campaigns, there is nothing like some good Halo multiplayer. With the addition of Warzone, it looks better than ever.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Not much team objective.

I still don't understand why we can never get a CTF-exclusive playlist. Just give me that, please.

Wait, am I misreading, or is there not a single objective-only playlist that isn't war zone?

So what's up with the DLC for this? Seeing all that in the OP makes me wonder how much it's all going to cost.

The maps and modes are free. There are REQ Packs you can either unlock in game or buy online and get random cosmetics or weapon/vehicle card for Warzone.

matthieuC

I don't like team arena having breakout. I feel like a game mode where the gameplay is drastically different shouldn't share a playlist.

Should be one breakout playlist, one team slayer, one team objective, one warzone (with assault), one FFA, and one swat. With BTB later of course. And rotating cool playlists on the weekends.

New news, new thread - why am I not seeing more maps? I was right about them combining objective and slayer together in arena though.

I don't like team arena having breakout. I feel like a game mode where the gameplay is drastically different shouldn't share a playlist.

Should be one breakout playlist, one team slayer, one team objective, one warzone (with assault), and one swat. With BTB later of course. And rotating cool playlists on the weekends.

I agree, it seems really odd to potentially be forced into breakout.

Also, looking at those arena maps. We have seen them all by the looks of it? Man, why so much industrial stuff. All these awesome looking locales in campaign and these maps are like 90% industrial.

Glass

Weekend playlist which people vote for sounds great, being on this list means its going to be there at launch weekend. I guess that's where the gaps people are seeing will be filled up initially.

Sojgat

So when is BTB launching exactly?

If they're crafting all new maps for it, is it really going to be any time soon?

RoKKeR

Should be one breakout playlist, one team slayer, one team objective, one warzone (with assault), one FFA, and one swat. With BTB later of course. And rotating cool playlists on the weekends.
Agreed completely with regards to Breakout being in its own playlist. Arena will likely be the go to playlist for competitive players, and I think it would be jarring to go straight from a CTF game to Breakout. Maybe that's just me, though.

Bsigg12

Looks like they only have the revealed maps in the playlists. I wonder when they'll show off the rest of them. There's quite a few left to see before launch.

Agreed completely with regards to Breakout being in its own playlist. Arena will likely be the go to playlist for competitive players, and I think it would be jarring to go straight from a CTF game to Breakout. Maybe that's just me, though.

With how ultra competitive Breakout games are, I think it works fine in the Arena playlist.

So when is BTB launching exactly?

If they're crafting all new maps for it, is it really going to be any time soon?

They said weeks after launch, not months. I think before the end of the year, tbh

I also agree that Breakout is a bad idea for Team Arena. Like now that's gonna factor in for our ranks and shit, this weird elimination mode completely different from Slayer/CTF/Strongholds?

I don't understand, why couldn't it have been

Team Arena ( traditional slayer only)
CTF
Strongholds
Breakout
SWAT
Warzone (with both versions)

Surely a better, more efficient way? With more maps in each playlist.

New news, new thread - why am I not seeing more maps? I was right about them combining objective and slayer together in arena though.

Yea, someone tell me this isn't right. I can't play all the possible slayer maps in the slayer playlist? I have to play team arena too? And Swat/ffa are the only playlists with orion and pegasus? This is not making any sense to me.

JaggedSac

Good set of stuff for my personal tastes. I will probably stick to Warzone and the team slayer playlists with a little bit of Swat as a pallet cleanser.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not really a fan of double SWAT playlist, but eh. Glad this won't play playerbase splitting DLC.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm, I'm curious to see the full MP map list. It seems sparse right now, but maybe the 21 or however many that graphic noted includes the yet to be seen BTB maps.

Also I agree that they should have done 1 SWAT playlist and included Team Objective or something else.

RoKKeR

Looks like they only have the revealed maps in the playlists. I wonder when they'll show off the rest of them. There's quite a few left to see before launch.

With how ultra competitive Breakout games are, I think it works fine in the Arena playlist.
It might be competitive, yes, but the gameplay and strategies are completely different. Again, kind of seems like an odd inclusion for the Arena playlist because the play styles for the two modes are so different.

GECK

Two swat playlists, really? Not to mention Breakout exists already. And no doubles, objective, or big team. Please implement real Halo playlists 343.

Chill everyone...this is day one playlists... They are simple and barebones on purpose

Barebones isn't the big issue here I think.

It's the weird choices within the announced playlists, they make no sense, even with some of the maps yet to be fully revealed.

Top Bottom