• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite Tantaka (Battle Royale) has been reportedly cancelled. Made into its own game.

What exactly are you calling a lie there? Be more specific.
adamsapple to the rescue.

1. Dude Ozriel is using double standard for his logical fallacies.

He implies that because this mode wasn't announced then "doesn't exist" therefore cannot be canceled. (you cannot be negative about it)

But at the same time, takes the rumor (which is something that is not official)

and has the urgue to spin it in a positive way:
smart business decision to push it into another title which would receive fresh marketing

Okay

2. Then i ask:
so another lie from MS's marketing?
he replies:
You don’t know the meaning of the word ‘unannounced’?

That was not my question.

MS's marketing regarding HI was all about long lasting support

• Halo Infinite to act as a "platform for the future" (10 year plan)
  • new Halo content will come out as additions to Halo Infinite rather than as new games.

Dude ozriel adds:
"looks like the first year of poor content delivery for Infinite has tainted the title in the eyes of many"

again, my simple yes or no question:
so another lie from MS's marketing?
Our dude Ozriel is unable to answer it. Just exposing himself as a 🤡.

it's just funny. nothing serious 😂🤣.

clarky

Gold Member
adamsapple to the rescue.

1. Dude Ozriel is using double standard for his logical fallacies.

He implies that because this mode wasn't announced then "doesn't exist" therefore cannot be canceled. (you cannot be negative about it)

But at the same time, takes the rumor (which is something that is not official)

and has the urgue to spin it in a positive way:
smart business decision to push it into another title which would receive fresh marketing

Okay

2. Then i ask:

he replies:
You don’t know the meaning of the word ‘unannounced’?

That was not my question.

MS's marketing regarding HI was all about long lasting support

• Halo Infinite to act as a "platform for the future" (10 year plan)
  • new Halo content will come out as additions to Halo Infinite rather than as new games.

Dude ozriel adds:
"looks like the first year of poor content delivery for Infinite has tainted the title in the eyes of many"

again, my simple yes or no question:

Our dude Ozriel is unable to answer it. Just exposing himself as a 🤡.

it's just funny. nothing serious 😂🤣.
Wow i know its Sunday but you literally must have fuck all to do mate.

nashman

Not saying the Genre is dead but going to be hard to get back to the heights/popularity of 2017-2020 PUBG,Fortnight,Apex Battleroyal. Even "survival/action shooters" DayZ/Tarkov style games. Need to come with something new more than just "battleroyal"

Shut0wen

Surely having shields, thrusters/grappling hook makes it easier to escape and regroup? Also I think it would work better as a team based mode.
Only a bubble shield, hook shot diatance is that far and thrusters doesnt make that much of a difference

Shut0wen

Unlike all the other BR games where in a 3v1 fight nobody can guess how it might go?
Pubg, apex and fortnite is possible to gun down or escape a 3 v 1 situation, halo infinte is literally impossible without getting lucky, they even released limited game mode called lone wolf which proved it just doesnt work

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Pubg, apex and fortnite is possible to gun down or escape a 3 v 1 situation, halo infinte is literally impossible without getting lucky, they even released limited game mode called lone wolf which proved it just doesnt work

I haven't played fortnite in years but I'm surprised you're arguing the case for Apex and Pubg as being possible to win 1v3 when you say it isn't on Halo.

Shut0wen

I haven't played fortnite in years but I'm surprised you're arguing the case for Apex and Pubg as being possible to win 1v3 when you say it isn't on Halo.
Because a majority of 1v1 fights involve one play having having no shields and barely any health, because halos movement is pretty sluggish your pretty much fucked, pubg has the same movement problem but head shots and grenades are way more deadly then halo while apex is fast paced meaning you could run behind your enemys or heal like i said halo infinte had a game mode which was pretty much br but it didnt work and 343 has never brought the game mode back because lack of players, it just wasnt fun

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Because a majority of 1v1 fights involve one play having having no shields and barely any health, because halos movement is pretty sluggish your pretty much fucked, pubg has the same movement problem but head shots and grenades are way more deadly then halo while apex is fast paced meaning you could run behind your enemys or heal like i said halo infinte had a game mode which was pretty much br but it didnt work and 343 has never brought the game mode back because lack of players, it just wasnt fun

Perhaps they know something you don't - if as you say, they removed their solo game mode because it wasn't fun, presumably they wouldn't then release something that works in the same way.

Shut0wen

Its just moved over to UE5. its not dead, as far as we know. Title is misleading. Even the OP states as much. Its just dead within the Infinite API. This has been known for ages, not exactly news.
From the Shitspace engine? Long wait I imagine then?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Not saying the Genre is dead but going to be hard to get back to the heights/popularity of 2017-2020 PUBG,Fortnight,Apex Battleroyal. Even "survival/action shooters" DayZ/Tarkov style games. Need to come with something new more than just "battleroyal"

Reminder: Fortnite just reached it's concurrent player high record two months ago and the last good effort Battle Royale to release was Naraka Bladepoint...which has become a huge success.

I keep hearing Battle Royale is past its peak but we're really not seeing that in terms of metrics.

I'm much more weary of Extraction Shooters. We're not seeing the same kinds of success there.

Top Bottom