• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

Naked Lunch

This will probably end up being my favorite game of all time. I literally am still in disbelief that it has all this content. I thought I would never be able to play Halo 2 online again...

On the flipside, how could Halo 5 even compete with this package? 100 maps is just too crazy.

ryan299

can I post a link to the IGN preview or is that website banned here?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/09/new-halo-master-chief-collection-info-and-gameplay-e3-2014

Not sure, but Frankie may hint at searchable custom games.
Dan hints at 1-50 ranking. Tells Ryan that people who loved that system won't be disappointed.
Frankie says system link isn't working yet but should be working by launch.
Halo 2 campaign has a new prologue and epilogue that hints at the story of Halo 5.
All campaign missions unlocked from the start. Reason being bc of the new playlist feature.
Online coop for 2,3,4.
Frankie says that superbounces might not work. Says they were based on havok and since the game is now 16:9 and 1080p, the pixels moved, so the superbounces might not work in the same spots.

RdN

With all the Azure servers, why wouldn't they be?

People on the Halo 4 thread were saying something about the way the netcode works for the campaign coop being the problem.. I admit I don't have much knowledge on this, I would just like the confirmation that I'll be able to finally experience Halo coop with no lag.

Heysoos

Ign isn't banned. Unless I missed something important recently.

People on the Halo 4 thread were saying something about the way the netcode works for the campaign coop being the problem.. I admit I don't have much knowledge on this, I would just like the confirmation that I'll be able to finally experience Halo coop with no lag.

Ah, I see. I have no knowledge on this either. Guess I just assumed it'd be on dedicated too.

*crosses fingers*

statham

I still can't believe this is happening. A reddit rumor was you only play certain levels and maps throughout the four games, this is way better then I expected.

Woorloog

Banned
Who going to attempt Halo:CE-Halo 4 in one sitting?..... on Legendary

One sitting? Hmm. I believe i could do it but it is going to take more than 24 hours, mostly because of Halo 2 (3 and 4 are ridiculously easy even on Legendary, and Halo CE isn't particularly difficult provided you know what you're doing).
Even Halo 2 isn't that difficult... provided you know the maps and don't make mistakes.

EDIT Halo 3 and 4 take some 6h at most each. Halo CE... perhaps 7-10h. Halo 2 takes probably at least 1h per mission on average (i just can't recall how many missions it has).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
One sitting? Hmm. I believe i could do it but it is going to take more than 24 hours, mostly because of Halo 2 (3 and 4 are ridiculously easy even on Legendary, and Halo CE isn't particularly difficult provided you know what you're doing).
Even Halo 2 isn't that difficult... provided you know the maps and don't make mistakes.

Those bullshit sniper jackals tho

DopeyFish

It would take about 24 hours to play a single match on every map in this collection.

Edit: i am just excited to play halo 2 skirmish again. 1 flag CTF and 1 bomb Assault... best gametypes ever

Woorloog

Banned
That's insane lmao It would be blast in co-op and doable too. But Solo, no fucking way.

Other than taking time, easyish.
Were i to get Xbone and this collection, i might actually do it... except i know every frigging campaign well enough replaying them doesn't really interest me anymore. Too easy (without skulls, with skulls it becomes frustrating, losing the fun Halos usually have).

It would take about 24 hours to play a single match on every map in this collection.

Probably less considering you can finish Halo 3 under 2h on easy. Others are a tad longer but still. Unless you want higher difficulty of course.

DopeyFish

Other than taking time, easyish.
Were i to get Xbone and this collection, i might actually do it... except i know every frigging campaign well enough replaying them doesn't really interest me anymore. Too easy (without skulls, with skulls it becomes frustrating, losing the fun Halos usually have).

Probably less considering you can finish Halo 3 under 2h on easy. Others are a tad longer but still. Unless you want higher difficulty of course.

I was referencing the multiplayer lol

rokkerkory

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/09/new-halo-master-chief-collection-info-and-gameplay-e3-2014

Not sure, but Frankie may hint at searchable custom games.
Dan hints at 1-50 ranking. Tells Ryan that people who loved that system won't be disappointed.
Frankie says system link isn't working yet but should be working by launch.
Halo 2 campaign has a new prologue and epilogue that hints at the story of Halo 5.
All campaign missions unlocked from the start. Reason being bc of the new playlist feature.
Online coop for 2,3,4.

thanks watching now

my game of show haha

Woorloog

Banned
I was referencing the multiplayer lol

Oh, i missed that.
Hmm. Depends on how long per match... let's say average match is 7 minutes... 93x7=651/60=10.85h. Let's round it up to 12h.
EDIT unless you want to play every mode too, that was assuming single mode. Multiply by the amount of modes...

Random17

Halo 1-4 in a day would take about ... a day actually...

CE: 5 hours
Halo 2: 4-5 hours
Halo 3: 4-5 hours
Halo 4: 4-5 hours

About 20 hours if you know the mission shortcuts well. If we added the speed running times you could finish the games in under 10 hours...

The winning announcement of e3 2014 hands down.

Its still hard to believe just how much is being offered here, and at a baseline 1080p @ 60fps quality level, with complete multiplayer. Insanity. Pure insanity, with no need to remind us that you're all about the gamer. This move shows it clearly.

Raab

Neo Member
Pre-ordering tomorrow. Love H2 glitches, skill jumps and ruthless ranks... sorry to some ppl (gimme that BxR, BxB, reload glitch and super bounces for trolling).

jay23

The winning announcement of e3 2014 hands down.

Its still hard to believe just how much is being offered here, and at a baseline 108p @ 60fps quality level, with complete multiplayer. Insanity.

This has to be up there in terms of best game compilations. They literally gave us everything we asked for and more.

Is there any game functionality (not including the obvious broad strokes like "online co-op") part of the Master Chief Collection that's locked behind XBL Gold?

Bessy67

Is there any chance that future Halo games will simply be added to this whole unified menu system? It would be really cool if once Halo 5 released it was incorporated into the single player mission playlists and mixed multiplayer thing.

FrankT

Man, I wonder what the file size would be....

40 plus gigs straight to my external plus ya know updates.

Anyhow pretty sure I'm going to pass up Destiny with this. Too much to buy otherwise this fall and I only need one shooter. Total package here.

Top Bottom